What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

歼20设计总师杨伟:

“工程设计需要不断地去挖掘产品的内在本质,还要考虑怎样把各专业综合在一起体现出整个产品的思想。某种程度上,工程比纯理论研究更具有挑战。”

---
193_210511_257799.jpg

@Deino
Hey, mod, have you been following the recent discussion about J-20 debut? The word on the street now is that J-20 is using domestic engine with vector thrust (despite only slightly). One video clearly shows the engine nozzle was bent down and then bent up right before the jet went vertical.

Add a gif

005022pdebdc8nbhg1gghh.gif

starting at 1:05, I think the retired general said the 2 J-20 in the show were using Chinese made engines. The current Chinese engines for J-20s are good enough but WS-15s would provide greater power for J-20s. Can anyone confirm?
yes, he said they are using home-made engines ....hmnnnn

11月1日,中国空军在第11届珠海航展上,出动两架歼-20战机进行了二分半种的短暂空中表演。歼-20的珠海首秀是一个里程碑性重大事件,这是继美国F22和F35,世界上第三种进入现役的四代机,说明中国空军从此进入四代机时代。这对于整天以老子天下第一的美国空军和美国航空工业,对于傻大憨粗但基础雄厚的俄罗斯空军和俄罗斯航空工业,以及贵族式的老欧洲航空工业,都给以巨大震撼,他们对力量一无所知,至今还摸不清中国航空工业的发展脉络,对中国战斗机技术的进步感到惊诧。

Although the J-20 has been flying for over 5 years, this bold public display at the China Air Show still sends shockwave throughout the world. This signals Chinese Military Aviation is no longer one full generation behind USA, Russia and Europe. The Chinese Dragon has arrived at the world stage with a thunderous roar .
112157yny6jscxxnyxs7st.jpg

yes, he said they are using home-made engines ....hmnnnn

The sound made by J-20 engines are much louder and distinctively different than Su-27 and Su-30. This points to different unknown engines.

Could this be the cockpit of the J-20? I hope not. It looks the cheap and half finished F-35 cockpit. It does not look well made. It doesn't seems much thought and effort was put into it. It's probably the cockpit of the cheap and junky J-31.
upload_2016-11-2_14-39-28.png

@Deino
Hey, mod, have you been following the recent discussion about J-20 debut? The word on the street now is that J-20 is using domestic engine with vector thrust (despite only slightly). One video clearly shows the engine nozzle was bent down and then bent up right before the jet went vertical.

It doesn't look conclusive the nozzles have moved to me.

Add a gif

005022pdebdc8nbhg1gghh.gif

Could this be the cockpit of the J-20? I hope not. It looks the cheap and half finished F-35 cockpit. It does not look well made. It doesn't seems much thought and effort was put into it. It's probably the cockpit of the cheap and junky J-31. View attachment 348671
It's a mock-up model, which means it's for demonstration purpose only.

Back
Top Bottom