What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Hi my friend, there is a mechanisme for canard rotation in that location, so forget about your canon.

Henri K.

Good - even to say so a "solid" - argument. However where is it then and why this difference to the right side ?

But I'm sure we will know some day ...

Deino

Good - even to say so a "solid" - argument. However where is it then and why this difference to the right side ?

But I'm sure we will know some day ...

Deino
I agree with Monsieur hk, that the hydraulic actuator for the canard is in the vicinity, so to put the cannon there would be problematic in terms of volume space and stress.

But if you and others are wondering about the small and oddly shaped panel next to the larger and squared one, and that it does not exist on the other side of the jet, I suspect that small and oddly shaped panel is a frequently access maintenance door.

Gun here?

j-20-gunport-highlight.jpg

forward-view-of-gun-position.jpg

Last edited:
Let’s make a bet on this.

I bet all J-20s we saw so far (2001, 2002, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and several LRIP ones) are now using non-domestic engines and J-20 will enter service with non-domestic engines. I will cease this account If I lose.

Deadline: A credible direct participant or an official documentary of Project 718 confirms the suggestion of either side.

Who's in?:coffee:

I already offered the same a few post before, but esp. Beast refused.

looks good.. so which engine will it use for now.. is it in final testing stage or still long way to go.. hope china finishes it soon as indians want to see it flying over south china seas and may be in indian ocean ;) ...:china::china::pakistan::pakistan::victory::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom