What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I remember when its grainy pictures first came out and some cyber experts started claiming that they were fake and photoshopped and then when HR pictures were released again those cyber experts claimed that it may be a "Tech-Demo" :lol: Boy o Boy! How China has done its skeptics wrong.:p:

I remember when its grainy pictures first came out and some cyber experts started claiming that they were fake and photoshopped and then when HR pictures were released again those cyber experts claimed that it may be a "Tech-Demo" :lol: Boy o Boy! How China has done its skeptics wrong.:p:

Americans were shocked even former Defense Minister Robert Gates said it would take China xx years before we have that capability :rofl:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ells-secretary-defense-gates-article-1.151583

Guess what, many China haters in Western world still have no clue that we already have our own railgun project and according to cirr we are at a very advanced stage now. :)

Considering production models are already rolling out of the factory, 2018 is more likely the IOC date. I suspect we'll start seeing an improved version featuring WS-15 engine and updated avionics by 2019.

Once again, PLAAF doesn't have IOC notion, so it doesn't mean anything when we talk about chinese equipments...

Henri K.

Considering production models are already rolling out of the factory, 2018 is more likely the IOC date. I suspect we'll start seeing an improved version featuring WS-15 engine and updated avionics by 2019.

J20 designed to be powered by Russian engines?
No.

Or you means there is a variant with Russian engines, and China would declare something similar IOC of that variant?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom