What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

could you elaborate more about its capabilities in comparison to F 22 and F 35 ?
In short J-20 intended for air superiority and air defense with a secondary air to ground capabilities just like F-22 and its general performance is almost similar to F-22 with WS-15, F-35 "JSF" and J-31 is more intended for strike, air to ground and multi role operations

does the J-20 internal weapons hold 4 or 6 BVR missiles??

and do you all think China missed it's chance to carry 4 WVR instead of 2 like the F-22 and F-35?? like 2 in each side bay?

and do you all think China missed it's chance to carry 4 WVR instead of 2 like the F-22 and F-35?? like 2 in each side bay?
Stealth fighter is meant to avoid dogfight. Carrying more BVRAAM is more important.

Stealth fighter is meant to avoid dogfight. Carrying more BVRAAM is more important.

the more missiles the better. so does the J-20 carry 4 or 6 BVR?

and having more WVR isn't bad either. It's not like stealth aircraft will never get within visual range at least 30KM of a target, especially if it's flanking unsuspecting target.

4 + 2, Chinese missiles are a bit larger in size given the same performance, requiring larger electronic components and fuel compartment. The next BVR missile program after PL-12 will probably allow it to fit 6.

An interesting observation made by a member ("taxiya") concerning some construction activities at CAC

2015-02-11
CAC 2015-02-11.jpg

2015-05-02
CAC 2015-05-02.png

2015-12-26
CAC 2015-12-26.png

Not sure if this is indeed related to the LRIP of J-20, but it would fit that these larger hangers are for the new the production J-20s.

Deino

By the way ... I still want to see the next J-20 !!!

Just checked, it is working on my end, here is the link http://bbs.meyet.com/thread-239560-4858-1.html
Instruction to upload?

Again, that link is dead at least from my end, but if You want to upload a file - like an image - just click on this button ... and follow the instructions.

IMO it's an easy way to keep images even if the link is no longer available or the file has been removed from the hot-linked site.

Upload file.jpg

Thanks ... but '2102' is a fake ... sadly but 100% for sure: Just look ...View attachment 302975
I agree two planes in your picture are the same plane. But has anyone noticed that there are two differences between the 2 yellow birds on my picture: the first one has two big black dots on the air intake area, the second has three, two big one small; the first one has an vertical black stripe on the tale, but none on the second.

I agree two planes in your picture are the same plane. But has anyone noticed that there are two differences between the 2 yellow birds on my picture: the first one has two big black dots on the air intake area, the second has three, two big one small; the first one has an vertical black stripe on the tale, but none on the second.

Strip is visible on both planes though three or two dots (Sensors) could be discussed/said as difference between 2101 & 2102 PICS.

BTW, thanks for the pic.

If I remember correctly, this image of 2101 in this collage is a very early image ... all later ones show clearly these three "dots" also on 2101.

J-20 2101 - 8.2.16 front close-up.jpg

Back
Top Bottom