What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

It is like half-glass full/empty situation, I'd rather believe it is true. Let's wait 7 days as more news will come out usually.

Seems as if I'm the sceptical one here !

... and as such I'm not that sure: why do You think the glass is half full ? Who is the source of this report. Image I would have posted it simply in another forum and it finally ended here; that does not make it more reliable.

So far we only have this news, but we have no sign (an image showing a J-20 with a new serial), we hove no reports on a welcome or good-bye celebration, we only have these few words.

Or is there more behind ?

Deino

Seems as if I'm the sceptical one here !

... and as such I'm not that sure: why do You think the glass is half full ? Who is the source of this report. Image I would have posted it simply in another forum and it finally ended here; that does not make it more reliable.

So far we only have this news, but we have no sign (an image showing a J-20 with a new serial), we hove no reports on a welcome or good-bye celebration, we only have these few words.

Or is there more behind ?

Deino
I guess we can only resort in the guesswork to form our judgement about this top-secrete Chinese weapon.

First of all considering what happened around the region these days, it makes sense for China to make such announcement at this high time, as it will act as a best deterrence to potential enemies.

Second, China Aviation News reported yesterday that Chinese new jet engine WS10B/WS15 has been successful tested(it didn't say when), perhaps this is the signal that J20's engine problem is solved for now.
铸国防空疆之重器
——记中航工业发动机研究院、动力所总设计师刘永泉
本报通讯员 李晶雪

Third, according to Chinese aviation expert Fu qianshao's interview at Jan. 17, whose claims also has been reiterated by many others on TV interview, Chinese strategy for J20 in short is to putting it into service first and getting perfected/upgraded for later batch/block if China sees treat is incoming. This is what he was quoted of saying:"
中科院中国空军专家傅前哨17日对记者介绍,歼-20的原型机、技术验证机的机身编号共经历三次变化。最早试飞的 2001号、2002号飞机被认为是技术验证机。而2011号被认为是歼-20进入原型机状态的标志。直到2017号飞机外形基本固定下来,这是一个非常 重要的阶段。飞机已进入工程样机设计冻结状态,如果能够通过评审,就可以进入小批量生产状态。

从目前情况 来看,中国使用的原型机数量不是太多,说明发展进度比较顺利,前期考虑得比较周到。傅前哨强调,这正是中国装备研发中一个很好的策略:为了缩短研发周期, 可以采取有所为、有所不为的方式,也就是分阶段迈进,而不求一步到位,先满足主要性能指标,解决有没有的问题。投入较少的资源,缩短研制周期,让部队尽快 拿到装备,然后再不断升级、改进,实现其他性能指标。发动机也不求一步到位,可以先保证使用,然后再升级换代。"

In relation to those forum rumor or Chinese whispers, they both can't be fully trusted or fully ruled out. It is just the way the current Chinese govt is doing thing, like it or not.

For instance, one well-known poster at this Chinese forum 老马夜聊论剑(11.7老马更新于4816页)-军事纵横-中国军事新闻 posted the following a message about new Chinese WS15 break through:

中国飓风:WS15已经通过工程验收。一把手亲自督阵。 发表于 2016-1-15 22:15

Now after more than a month, we had the state news paper (China Aviation News) officially confirmed that:"林左鸣董事长正在听取型号研制工作汇报。晚上10时多,动力所总设计师刘永泉满脸兴奋地向大家报告:某型发动机试验成功,“十二五”研制目标顺利实现!会场的气氛一下子热烈起来,林左鸣当即跟现场指挥通话,向全体参研同志们表示感谢"

Even the time 22:15 matches..........

Thanks ... that's exactly what I asked for: is it a well known often or always reliable poster - a so called "Big-shrimp" - or is it just a post from an so far unknown guy without any background.

Deino

In relation to those forum rumor or Chinese whispers, they both can't be fully trusted or fully ruled out. It is just the way the current Chinese govt is doing thing, like it or not.

For instance, one well-known poster at this Chinese forum 老马夜聊论剑(11.7老马更新于4816页)-军事纵横-中国军事新闻 posted the following a message about new Chinese WS15 break through:

中国飓风:WS15已经通过工程验收。一把手亲自督阵。 发表于 2016-1-15 22:15

Now after more than a month, we had the state news paper (China Aviation News) officially confirmed that:"林左鸣董事长正在听取型号研制工作汇报。晚上10时多,动力所总设计师刘永泉满脸兴奋地向大家报告:某型发动机试验成功,“十二五”研制目标顺利实现!会场的气氛一下子热烈起来,林左鸣当即跟现场指挥通话,向全体参研同志们表示感谢"

Even the time 22:15 matches..........
http://home.meyet.com/space-uid-107602.html
i think that is about ws10b not ws15

i think that is about ws10b not ws15
Agreed, it is unlikely ws15.

But I don't think It is ws10b given last year the batch-produced J10c was said of using it.

Some big shrimps in the Chinese forum reckon it is ws10g with 15.5t thrust. Let's see how it is going to unfold.

It is WS-10B 14.5 T thrust and there is FADEC on

Can any one give a detailed number of the WS15 Max wet thrust?

I think this is simply too early to tell since no complete WS-15 is raedy yet and even more the data were not published. Reports however hint to about 17-18t.

Anyway ... are there any news about '2102' ???

J-20 2101 - 1.3.16.jpg

Thanks ... I saw this tread but to admit, it was a bit too confusing at least after page 2 and since no imges were included I stopped further reading.

Back
Top Bottom