What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Relevant to your payload and take off length available
Fighters used to take off at under 500km/h, and not too fast, because higher speed would damage the landing gear system
If they like, they can take off afterburner used
142232o043bsbhh89b9t45.jpg

142233v36ax2vffr3mf6cp.jpg

142235t05yv055v0mnhyty.jpg

Just a few completely different questions:

- Can anyone explain why we are so sure that the second prototype '2002' was renumbered to '2004' ???
- What's the source of this, since I can't think that CAC reported or even confirmed this?
- Was there ever a similar other situation, when a prototype was completely renumbered? (as far as I know for both the J-7 and J-10 never)
- Could it be that '2004' is probably another prototype ? ... or in return if there is a "habit" to renumber prototypes for the J-20 program, why we are then so sure that all "201x" prototypes are indeed different aircraft ? I

I'm quite sure that they are all true ... but this "renumbering" issue is a story I simply do not understand.

Deino

Just a few completely different questions:

- Can anyone explain why we are so sure that the second prototype '2002' was renumbered to '2004' ???
- What's the source of this, since I can't think that CAC reported or even confirmed this?
- Was there ever a similar other situation, when a prototype was completely renumbered? (as far as I know for both the J-7 and J-10 never)
- Could it be that '2004' is probably another prototype ? ... or in return if there is a "habit" to renumber prototypes for the J-20 program, why we are then so sure that all "201x" prototypes are indeed different aircraft ? I

I'm quite sure that they are all true ... but this "renumbering" issue is a story I simply do not understand.

Deino

I don't have my HDD with me today, but I can confirm that 2002 is renumbered to 2004.

Henri K.

I just tried to find out, if there's a pattern for maiden-flight days at CAC:

2001 flew on a Thuesday
2002 flew on a Wednesday
2011 flew on a Saturday
2012 flew on a Saturday
2013 flew on a Saturday
2015 flew on a Friday
2016 flew on a Friday
2017 flew on a Thuesday

... so there is none ! :cray:

Just found ...

http://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2134124

Even if they show '2016' and not '2101'... are these recent images (tread started and images posted today) or older ones ? And what are they talking about a '111' ??

Deino

View attachment 285947 View attachment 285948

Less fog, clearer image than earlier (a few days back i mean) pretty much proves to be the fresh. Also on this thread, somewhere weather forecast regarding fog was said to be clear than before so i think it is much of the today with less fog.

Th rest, i can be mistaken :-)

images

China is close to batch production stage of its fifth-generation J-20 stealth fighter aircraft.

People’s Daily Online news daily cited Song Xinzhi, a Chinese military expert on air force equipment in a media interview that the J-20 fighter is close to batch production stage and its yellow painting implies that its stealth performance has possibly passed the test.

A picture of a J-20 fighter painted yellow with a fuselage number 2101 instead of 201X (the previous numbering for previous J-20s) was posted on the internet recently.

The Hong Kong’s South China Morning Post (SCMP) reported that the new J-20 fighter looks like the previous prototype models in shape except the fuselage numbering method, indicating that the appearance of the new prototype J-20 fighter is very close to that of the final-version J-20 fighters, and the J-20 fighter with fuselage number 2101 may possibly mean that the J-20 fighter is now in a transition period from test flight stage to batch production stage.

The change of J-20 fighter fuselage’s numbering method means that the development of J-20 fighter has entered a new stage, but it is necessary to wait and see so as to confirm whether the J-20 fighter has entered the batch production stage or not, Song Xinzhi analyzed.

Based on the present situation, the J-20 fighter should be very close to enter the batch production stage, Song Xinzhi estimated.

Song Xinzhi pointed out that the yellow color is the color of fighter’s anti-rust coating, and generally, only fighter models entering batch production stage are painted with the yellow coating.

Chinese J-20 Stealth Fighter Close To Batch Production

@Zarvan !

I beg You honestly ... PLAESE not open for each and every post You like a new tread ! We have a current J-20-tread and that's fine !

Deino

Just found ...

http://lt.cjdby.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2134124

Even if they show '2016' and not '2101'... are these recent images (tread started and images posted today) or older ones ? And what are they talking about a '111' ??

Deino

View attachment 285947 View attachment 285948

The spotter said that these photos are taken shortly before October 1st 2015, and he hopes to see 2101, 2102 and 2103 making their maiden flight at the same day on January 11th.

I will let chinese native speaker to correct.

Henri K.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom