What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Maybe new 2003 or new J-10B

Don't let u see ...

27_190841_b2cc322b6bfde26.jpg

July 2rd, J-20 #2002 had performed 2 one-hour test flights, with weapon bay doors opened during the flights.

Some interesting captures from the video...

0shm.jpg

Henri K.

@cirr

Before the New Pictures ..This one Shows Clear PS work

Last edited by a moderator:
How can a missile without fins work?

Thrust vectoring? And if that is the case, then it would be one of the few, good AAMs using thrust vectoring, like Japanese AAM-5

i see an attachment point in the middle of each. they could fit 2 more missiles in there with folding fin. this may or may not be final design..

I think the j20 project is far more advanced then we are led to believe, it may be operational before 2017 maybe towards the end of 2015 or early 2016. They wouldn't be making a official video of the plane if they weren't very confident about the progress of the project.

It's more about how rapidly they can move to mass production and at what rate. I am really impressed, how quick this has moved, compared to the pakfa and the f35. But my interest really is with the j31, if its available for export and at a competitive price then it will have quite a lot of buyers.

Agree with most of what you said, but I doubt this will roll out before 2017.

The J-31 needs to progress quickly, because it will have a MASSIVE advantage if it rolls out before the F-35. This would make the J-31 the only 5th gen fighter on the market for international buyers. If the J-31 fails to do this, the market for the J-31 will shrink significantly, because as much as I think the F-35 is a potato, international buyers will opt for the F-35 simply because of the brand names (MADE IN USA and LOCKHEED MARTIN).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom