What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Because...

1)PAF has operated the f-16 for years. It will not require as much induction.
2)It is still technologically more advanced than the J-10 currently,which will probably be fitted out with western tech anyway.
3)The cost of 100+ new jets and western tech for it, would very expensive as well.
4) It is better to rely upon more than one source as history has proven.

complements:
1) J-10 is built against F-16, and commonly recognized to confront F-16C/D.
2) Pakistan will buy weapons from USA to meet both its diplomatic and technical needs.

J-10 is in no position to confront the F-16 C/D Block 52+

J-10 is in no position to confront the F-16 C/D Block 52+

Adux for you my friend.

34b0447b92944b228ad349e8a411491e.jpg

8e1e712ca9ecd4550019e8d28a3d8663.jpg

c9b5eaa31d762b3ad6208216bd673d91.jpg

650271e986c40916782831a829ef471b.jpg

184caa7eee471f542157e2eafa2fd0dd.jpg

7091fda60f9bd10534a5fc023f33103b.jpg

Dude read the whole thread.

And stop looking at your post count. :D

Weapon station: 11

Internal payload: I dont know. What the heck is that? :frown: Does it matter?

http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/news095.htm

I wasn't looking at my post count. It's hard to look through SO MUCH info for a small phrase.
Internal payload as in, storage for unguided bombs inside the belly of the aircraft :)
sorry for the trouble :) thanx for info.

Adux for you my friend.

[/QOUTE]

Sir,

Aerodynamically, I do believe it might succeed a 52++, especially since it comes with conformal tanks, which reduces aerodynamic performance. But to say J-10 will match the mission, payload, range, avionics. capacity of the 52++ is just not done. The Best aircraft in PAF Airwing will be 52++ not the J-10.

Adux for you my friend.

[/QOUTE]

Sir,

Aerodynamically, I do believe it might succeed a 52++, especially since it comes with conformal tanks, which reduces aerodynamic performance. But to say J-10 will match the mission, payload, range, avionics. capacity of the 52++ is just not done. The Best aircraft in PAF Airwing will be 52++ not the J-10.
Right now F-16 post-Block50/52 might have its edge in various BI/SEAD/AR missions, but regarding air-superiority "confrontation" J-10 will kick the living **** out of the latest variant of F-16 nevertheless.:bunny:

Is the latest version of F-16 (blk 52) better than F-15E's in air supermacy, if not then how does J-10 stand beside an F-15E. From what I know F-15's were better than F-16s up to blk 30, I don't know after that.

On air supremecy scheme it all comes down to an effective radar (including jamming capability) and advanced medium range missiles. Where i think F-15 wins hands down but then again if J-10 too has an AESA radar, you have an equal match. Also do note that quite a few anti-missiles technology has been developed by China for American air to air missiles.

F-15E "Strike Eagle" is mainly for ground attack, whereas F-15C fights for air superiority. F-15 w/ AESA is better than current J-10, but the upcoming twin-engine variant of J-10 w/ AESA + TVC + low observability will be able to confront not just F-15, but even F-35 and F-22.

China launches new stealth fighter project

10 December 2002

By Yihong Chang, JDW Correspondent, Zhuhai

Shenyang Aircraft CompanyThe Shenyang Aircraft Company has been selected to head research and development of a new heavyweight fighter for China's People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF), according to a senior source at the China Aviation Industry Corp I (AVIC I).

Development of the engines and weapon subsystems for the fourth-generation fighter has been underway for some time, according to the source, who revealed that a number of design concepts have already been created. Wind-tunnel tests of these are about to start. Images of the concepts show a twin-engine aircraft sharing some design traits with Lockheed Martin's stealthy F/A-22 multirole fighter, now undergoing tests with the US Air Force, such as the internal carriage of its weapon systems. The Chinese designs retain a more conventional wing, however, and use a single vertical tail fin.

AVIC I officials told JDW that the new aircraft - tentatively dubbed the J-X and possibly to receive the service designation J-13A - could use the WS10A turbofan engine designed by the Shenyang Liming Motor Company during its development and trials process.

In development for more than a decade, the WS10-series powerplant completed air trials earlier this year with an Su-27SK (NATO reporting name: 'Flanker-B') fighter. The WS10A is scheduled for introduction with the PLAAF's new J-10A fighter, which has yet to be formally unveiled.

Continuing research into advanced control techniques is expected to in time allow the air force to field WS10A-powered J-10A and J-X fighters equipped with thrust-vectoring nozzles offering improved aircraft manoeuvrability.

While AVIC I sources will not speculate when the new fighter might make its first test flight, a debut around the end of the decade could be expected if the project matches the development process for China's J-10A and J-8D projects.

http://www.janes.com/defence/air_forces/news/jdw/jdw021210_2_n.shtml

Old but relevent to the topic.

F15 was built in response to Soviet MiG 25 foxbat.

Against say MiG 29 it has a disadvantage in dogfighting. Its advantage is more thrust and powerful radar.

‘PAF to modernise fleet’

ISLAMABAD: Air Chief Martial Tanveer Mehmood Ahmed has said that more than 300 warrior aircrafts, missiles and an early warning system will be acquired at a cost of $ 9 billion to modernise the Pakistan Air Force.

In an interview with a private TV channel, Tanveer Mehmood Ahmed said Pakistan Air Force plans to modernise its fleet by replacing aging aircrafts with more than 300 multi-roll combat aircrafts including the American F-16s and Chinese JF-17 thunder fighter jets and J-10 aircrafts over the next few years.

He further said, “We are looking forward to changing most of our Mirage, A-5 and F-7 aircrafts which total number touched to the figure of two hundred and fifty.

Talking about the difference between a JF-17 and a SE-20 aircraft, the air chief said, “The basic difference between the JF-17 and SE-20 is that the latter is slightly bigger in size, however, it has greater capacity to carry more weapon load and more fuel and it has more endurance. So, its radar will be bigger and, therefore, the ability to attack enemy target will be longer. It has more stations to carry more air-to-air missiles and air-to-ground weapons and also has air-to-air refuelling capability.” online

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Notice the change in name. SE-20, now what the heck is that? Why is the media keep changing the aircrafts name. Also it says a total $9 billion will be spent in the modernization of the Pakistan Air Force alone!

What is this SE-20 Aircraft!!
What is its earlier name. I didn't understand to which aircraft he is somparing the JF-17 Thunder.
Please explain!!

F-15E "Strike Eagle" is mainly for ground attack, whereas F-15C fights for air superiority. F-15 w/ AESA is better than current J-10, but the upcoming twin-engine variant of J-10 w/ AESA + TVC + low observability will be able to confront not just F-15, but even F-35 and F-22.

get real! there is no dual engine J-10 nor in development. the heavy air superior fighter role has already being fill up by the Su-27 and Su-30. Plus PLAAF has already spend much its $$$ and energy to license produce and modify Su-27, the development for another fighter of this class will be a complete waste of time and money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom