What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Notice the change in name. SE-20, now what the heck is that? Why is the media keep changing the aircrafts name. Also it says a total $9 billion will be spent in the modernization of the Pakistan Air Force alone!

Think about it as such..FC could easily have been misunderstood for SE. They sound very much alike. The aircraft in PAF lingo is FC-20.

What is this SE-20 Aircraft!!
What is its earlier name. I didn't understand to which aircraft he is somparing the JF-17 Thunder.
Please explain!!

I'm sure its a typo, PAF has already evaluated the J-10 and as per ASR (Air Staff Requirement) the J-10 will undergo heavy modifications and upgrades to meet PAF's MRCA requirements. The PAF specific J-10C is designated as FC-20 and will carry a number of European avionics and weapons.

Earlier it was also reported that GoP has asked Russia to supply Saturn TVC engines currently used by SU-30's.

Friendz is dis jet capable enough to take out SU-27, SU-30, & the Mig-29's in IAF, because it will be serving as a front line fighter in PAF, ?????

Friendz is dis jet capable enough to take out SU-27, SU-30, & the Mig-29's in IAF, because it will be serving as a front line fighter in PAF, ?????

two points.......

1)Read through the threads we have on this subject in the forum This question has been debated to death over the last few years.

2)It is THIS not DIS. One thing that earns my ire more than anything is the usage of txt speech.

I found this interesting post on sinodefence:

tphuang said:
alright, listening to the guy talking about J-10's avionics now from ÉîÛÚÊÐÃñÎÄ»¯´ó½²ÌÃ-ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ- 07ÄêµÚ75½²02¡ªËÕ¡Ç壺ÏÖ´úÕ½ÕùÖеĿվü×°±¸¼¼Êõ
- he said that avionics are very import, but are also very expensive
- J-10 cost 200 million Yuan each, export to Pakistan would probably be 300 million each
- out of that, 100 million is spent on the avionics, takes 10 years to develop
- one is DCFS (Digital Flight Control Systems), which allows pilot to control the plane with displayed information
- talks about the FBW computer, which does 500 K calculation per second (that's not even 1 MHz!, what?)
- other is mission computer, you just plug in the mission and the fighter will tell you what to do
- then talks about INS (inertial navigational system), you can go from Beijing to Shenzhen with this and only be off by 500 m
- and the other is CADC (central air data computer), it is used to detect the temperature, dew point, wind direction/speed and stuff like that.
- other is SMS (store management system), this is the system controlling the launching of missiles and bombs (it has to calculate how high you are launching certain weapons and your speed to achieve optimize results)
- radar - can detect up to 150 km (here is interesting part, he mentions that F-22 can only do 170 km, but that is vs 1 m^2 target, I doubt J-10 is facing that size to get to 150 km, maybe 3 m^2 or 5 M^2?)
- CNI - communication/navigation/identification, plane has wide band, narrow band (different types of waves that it's sending and receiving), didn't really talk about datalink or IFF, but I'm guessing that's part of this
- EMS - (electronic counter measure system?) - not much said
talks about a fighter jet is like a networked computer system with many sub parts, each has a computer that can do half to 1 million calculations per second. Also, they take up very little space.

That's about it on J-10's avionics.

Isnt the conformal fuel tanks suppose to be under the wings rather the fuselarge? It seems rather unrealistic to be beneath the air intake.

Isnt the conformal fuel tanks suppose to be under the wings rather the fuselarge? It seems rather unrealistic to be beneath the air intake.

Take a look at the F-16 conformal tanks and you will see they are in a similar position. They are the large bulges near the top of the fuselage not the targeting pods you are looking at dude.

Targetting pods indicate a future strike role for J-10. :enjoy:
Keys, does China have a tergetting pods, anything comapareable to Sniper?

Thanks, Blue Sky must have matured by now if it was displayed in Zuhai Air Show in 1998 with the 3rd generation now in service with PLAAF.

Hats off for the chinese for their intelligence, not easy to get the AN/AAQ-13 from a downed aircraft in Gulf War into China. :china:

Hats off for the chinese for their intelligence, not easy to get the AN/AAQ-13 from a downed aircraft in Gulf War into China. :china:

what aircraft? when? post the story please

Take a look at the F-16 conformal tanks and you will see they are in a similar position. They are the large bulges near the top of the fuselage not the targeting pods you are looking at dude.

Thanks for pointing out sir keys:enjoy:

J-10 with conformal fuel tanks.

Those are VRAY renders.... you can even see it says "VRay"...and the render time down the bottom. I highly doubt those are official design.
I don't think J-10 would be upgraded with conformal fuel tanks for a long time to come (If there is ever a need).

Another thing is, having conformal fuel tank also makes the plane fly like a brick, no matter how aerodynamically "conformal" it gets.

Back
Top Bottom