What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

AESA radar ,more superior EW suite and domestic engine with higher thrust. I believe J-10B variant has been abandon and all convert to J-10C

Again a typical unsubstantial claim that is completly contra all evidence:disagree:: just look at the images above and they are again still powered by AL-31FNs ... maybe You should go to a doctor to check Your eyes but this is as clear as hell NOT a WS-10.

Sometimes I really don't understand how someone can be so stubborn even against all evidence.:hitwall:

Deino

Again a typical unsubstantial claim that is completly contra all evidence:disagree:: just look at the images above and they are again still powered by AL-31FNs ... maybe You should go to a doctor to check Your eyes but this is as clear as hell NOT a WS-10.

Sometimes I really don't understand how someone can be so stubborn even against all evidence.:hitwall:

Deino
As as I know no J-10B/C has not enter service yet nor participate in any exercise. You can see them in serial number or whatever but fact is non has participate or joined service. W/O the higher trust engine, it will never meet the spec of PLAAF requirement. That is why they are expending the lifespan of AL-31 engine to seep up the induction by tsting out the airframe system before install for higher thrust domestic engine and joining service.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the engine calculations.

123 AL-31FN Series 3 were purchased in 2011.

~ 90+ engines used for second generation J-10s.

~ 24 engines used for J-20.

How many engines can possibly be left?

Furthermore, how can J-20 and J-10C/D production possibly continue without further engine sales from Russia...unless something else is happening?

Also, we must aware that they need spare engines. So they can't put all engines into the newly built birds.

132844tbzt3irxtih33drx.jpg

I'm more interested in the engine calculations.

123 AL-31FN Series 3 were purchased in 2011.

~ 90+ engines used for second generation J-10s.

~ 24 engines used for J-20.

How many engines can possibly be left?

Furthermore, how can J-20 and J-10C/D production possibly continue without further engine sales from Russia...unless something else is happening?

Yes indeed an interesting calculation:

Given this order from 2011 and in mind of the first 53 batch 1 J-10B produced (55 - the last two with WS-10B) and now already 49 batch 2 J-10C - therefore 123-102 = 21 - then, there are only 21 engines left.

Extrapolating or reserving 6 for the last 6 remaining J-10Cs batch 2 to be produced - if batch 1 & 2 are the same size - then this would be only 15 engines as a "replacement" or other use.

That's even more interesting - and "confirming" my theory - since if one assumes that the J-20A also uses the AL-31FN series 3, then their powerplants must come from another, still secret contract similar to the original first contract for the J-10.

Yes indeed an interesting calculation:

Given this order from 2011 and in mind of the first 53 batch 1 J-10B produced (55 - the last two with WS-10B) and now already 49 batch 2 J-10C - therefore 123-102 = 21 - then, there are only 21 engines left.

Extrapolating or reserving 6 for the last 6 remaining J-10Cs batch 2 to be produced - if batch 1 & 2 are the same size - then this would be only 15 engines as a "replacement" or other use.

That's even more interesting - and "confirming" my theory - since if one assumes that the J-20A also uses the AL-31FN series 3, then their powerplants must come from another, still secret contract similar to the original first contract for the J-10.

J-10S and J-15 are also consuming AL-31 now

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom