What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

brothers we ALL hate our POLITICIANS! however respecting this forum as OUR OWN! we need to discuss J10 and ONLY J10 on this thread...for letting out our feelings for our corrupt & inept leaders national political issues thread exists! let's uphold the high standards of this forum!

did someone talk about it????????????

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has deferred the purchase of state of the art fighter J-10 planes from China till test flights.

Defence sources told Online Monday Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was taking interest in acquisition of state of the art J-10 fighter planes from China. Air Chief Marshall, Rao Qamar Suleman however during his briefing to the members of senate committee on defence told no formal decision had been taken so far to purchase these planes. �We are reviewing the matter. Until these planes are inducted in Chinese air fleet and they meet their targets and objectives during test flights then PAF will decide to purchase them that upto what extent these planes can prove productive for PAF �, he remarked.

Sources told PAF was facing lack of funds problem in the wake of tough economic situation. Therefore, PAF was completing its ongoing projects and these would be completed in time.However a clear decision with reference to J-10 planes would be made after their induction in Chinese air fleet and their performance in test flights.

I have tried to check other sources of the news, but no reliable news, plus there is no news mentioning of the CAS giving a briefing to the committee in recent days by any major newspaper or online news portals.

My guess, its a fictional story.

The report says: "We are reviewing the matter. Until these planes are inducted in Chinese air fleet and they meet their targets and objectives during test flights then PAF will decide to purchase them that upto what extent these planes can prove productive for PAF"

These planes have already been inducted into the PLAAF and the number has already crossed the 200+ figure and more and more regiments are being raised of this plane, and their induction at such a fast pace means they have met rather proved more then expected the parameters set by PLAAF. And we have already flew this aurcraft to test it and we have no problem in test flying this aircraft if we want, just like the JF-17 which was being flown by Pakistani and Chinese test pilots simultaneously during the testing phase.

And the CAS recently on the 60th Anniversary of PLAAF did see the aircraft himself, rather it was shown to the whole world airforce officials.

This story is hoax, as the writer doesn't knows the ABC of the aircraft and air forces and about this specific aircraft.

I have tried to check other sources of the news, but no reliable news, plus there is no news mentioning of the CAS giving a briefing to the committee in recent days by any major newspaper or online news portals.

The report says: "We are reviewing the matter. Until these planes are inducted in Chinese air fleet and they meet their targets and objectives during test flights then PAF will decide to purchase them that upto what extent these planes can prove productive for PAF"

These planes have already been inducted into the PLAAF and the number has already crossed the 200+ figure and more and more regiments are being raised of this plane, and their induction at such a fast pace means they have met rather proved more then expected the parameters set by PLAAF. And we have already flew this aurcraft to test it and we have no problem in test flying this aircraft if we want, just like the JF-17 which was being flown by Pakistani and Chinese test pilots simultaneously during the testing phase.

And the CAS recently on the 60th Anniversary of PLAAF did see the aircraft himself, rather it was shown to the whole world airforce officials.

This story is hoax, as the writer doesn't knows the ABC of the aircraft and air forces and about this specific aircraft.

the article points to J-10B which is still in flight testing....J-10As of PLAAF will be taking a MLU to J-10B standard when J-10B will enter the service.....which is still some distance as WS-10A has just made its way to J-10...as per my information...

as far as my understanding of this matter is concerned it is all about the rumor that surfaced last year. it was something about PAF opting for 36 J10z in order to cut short the technological gap with IAF. it was said that PAF will initially get these 36 plane in basic J10A configration whereas the actuall deal will come into play from 2013 when the FC20 is finally available. if you can go back a few pages you can find discussion regarding this new/rumor. now this news claims that PAF have opted out of J10 deal and this gives me a feeling that this is just negating the intial rumor. PAF will not go for the J10A in any case but yes the FC20 programme stay intact.
what supports my view is the previous discussion about the purchase of 36 J10A's and also the statement by Air Cheif marshal claiming that PAF will decide once the plan is done with testing and evaluation flights!!the J10A are now operational , even the J10B have moved towards maturity it is the FC20 that still need to tested and evaluated...

however this is just my analysis based on the sttudy of the news and previous discussion regarding the rumor of PAF going for 36 J10Az!!

regards!

slam o alikum borthers
i am ver quries about j10b can any one expalin its radar ranga and its radar capibility thanks:pakistan::pdf:

we are not even sure about the induction of j-10 at ths moment so radar is irrelevant issue i thnk untill and unless we become sure that the above news is not more than a rumor

Last edited:

I really wish that this story would be nuthng more than a rumor, but we cant say anythng untill and unless some PAF source claims the reality

dont worry guys we hve got many sons of this nation to sacrafise...though worth not more then a penny....so we can sacrafise them and then show tears on the stage shows....creating a drama....sympothising their parents...and then sleep tight....we will never ask our rulers why the hell they died...why were they not provided with the latest weapons...

the article points to J-10B which is still in flight testing....J-10As of PLAAF will be taking a MLU to J-10B standard when J-10B will enter the service.....which is still some distance as WS-10A has just made its way to J-10...as per my information...

as far as my understanding of this matter is concerned it is all about the rumor that surfaced last year. it was something about PAF opting for 36 J10z in order to cut short the technological gap with IAF. it was said that PAF will initially get these 36 plane in basic J10A configration whereas the actuall deal will come into play from 2013 when the FC20 is finally available. if you can go back a few pages you can find discussion regarding this new/rumor. now this news claims that PAF have opted out of J10 deal and this gives me a feeling that this is just negating the intial rumor. PAF will not go for the J10A in any case but yes the FC20 programme stay intact.
what supports my view is the previous discussion about the purchase of 36 J10A's and also the statement by Air Cheif marshal claiming that PAF will decide once the plan is done with testing and evaluation flights!!the J10A are now operational , even the J10B have moved towards maturity it is the FC20 that still need to tested and evaluated...

however this is just my analysis based on the sttudy of the news and previous discussion regarding the rumor of PAF going for 36 J10Az!!

regards!

The previous CAS Tanvir Sb, from day one had been giving the specifications of FC-20, which clearly were different from the J-10A specifications, thus it was clear from day one that we are not going for J-10A variants. And as far as money is concerned, by 2011-12 all the major platforms being acquired would be inducted and would have been paid for, as except Chinese no one gives us products on loan, all charge up the money from start, thus F-16 Blk 52s and the supporting weapons most probably already paid for, AEW&Cs paid for to sweden, the refuellers paid for by then, Chinese AEW&C isn't that costly as per the public price tag, plus hopefully it will be paid for by then, even by then the JF-17s loan for first 42s to a good amount would be paid for, and China has no issue in giving us FC-20s on sellers credit.

So i say, bogus made up story.

As if you guys Google it, no one else first reported it, no major newspaper and there is no news of any recent briefing by the CAS to the standing committee, the last time the committee had come to PAC and were briefed, that was about one year back.

This previous CAS Tanvir Sb, from day one had been giving the specifications of FC-20, which clearly were different from the J-10A specifications, thus it was clear from day one that we are not going for J-10A variants. And as far as money is concerned, by 2011-12 all the major platforms being acquired would be inducted and would have been paid for, as except Chinese no one gives us products on loan, all charge up the money from start, thus F-16 Blk 52s and the supporting weapons most probably already paid for, AEW&Cs paid for to sweden, the refuellers paid for by then, Chinese AEW&C isn't that costly as per the public price tag, plus hopefully it will be paid for by then, even by then the JF-17s loan for first 42s to a good amount would be paid for, and China has no issue in giving us FC-20s on sellers credit.

So i say, bogus made up story.

As if you guys Google it, no one else first reported it, no major newspaper and there is no news of any recent briefing by the CAS to the standing committee, the last time the committee had come to PAC and were briefed, that was about one year back.

this is what sir Arsalan and sir Hasnain have also said. now your your similar comments further suport this argument.
if you remeber there was a discussion some four months ago about PAF going for J10Az. it was taken as a rumor even at that time by many members. now this news is also turning out to be of same kind. either it is just a baseless news like the previous one or it may be a rumor to nullify the previous bogus news item anout deal for J10A. :cheers:
all in all there seems nothing to be worried about. as you said PAF want to have FC20 and are all set to go for them!!!

thankyou.

regards!
how can you mature a plane without inducting it in regular service?

regards!

yes your points carry weight too.....I still dont understand the logic of FC-20....I mean We call F-16s as F-16s......Yes exceptions are also there like F-20 tigershark, J-11 and F-2......but what makes our CAS use FC-20.........it could be a new plane.......but I don't think so PAF would venture any such thing right now as thunder will be the focus for the time being...anyways...Deal may be deferred because of J-10B I think cuz i was going through a blog where it was mentioned that PAF is interested in acquiring J-10B not J-10A so as PLAAF would be the 1st priority...so delay is quite understandable
@truepakistani
I'm just a man in street no "sir" kind of a thing

Future of J-10
I wonder if PAF is looking for this........
671213b0fa24bcec701d17c827f32b9f.jpg

If tension with india increases and Pakistan face 26/11 like situation again paf will go for J10A and i hope they will be delivered on short notice
on the other hand PAF wants FC 20 and will get them after Chinese tests and inductions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom