What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

not again i dun want to hear that same old story that PAF didnt had enough funds to go for high tech fighters ...dun wana see that ancient mirage kinda stuff again

but dear brother thats the fact .... say your leaders to take austerity measure , focus on pakistan rather than their self centered politics then u can improve economy , if this happens and u gets money only than we can look for high tech fighters cos no money no honey ....... so 1st make some money then all things are available

dear j-10 is relatively cheap but still 40 million dollars each is big amount for us and also fact 40 million dollar is for j-10A ... keep in mind j-10b will more costly .. so quite clear that if u want high tech then u have to pay huge money thats what India is doing .. 160 billion dollar for next 10 years .... where we are standing at that moment for us even 20-30 billion for next 10 years is looking looking impossible from here.. can we make even a deal of worth 12 billion for only single class jet .. hahaha.. no rather this amount is more than enough for our whole air force ..

I think PAF should work on the following projs.

70 F-16 B-52 ( 4th gene)
80 Mirage ROSE (eq to 4th gene)
55 F-7PG (eq to 4th gene)
50 JF-B1 ( 4th gene)
150 JF-B2 ( 4th gene)
70 Mirage 2K9 (If possible From UAE/France) ( 4th gene)
Total 475 -70 (if PAF dont get from UAE) = 407

70 F-16 blck 52

u mean again open a way for US sanctions ,and remain begging to US wat we did in all our history?No availability of spare parts and upgrade in case of any sanction like we had in case of our 80's f-16?

80 Mirage ROSE (eq to 4th gen)

plz dun say me that ur serious, lol from where these ancient mirages look 4th generation? they had enough of service their airframe will not long last enough,look the date of their service entry and most of them are second hand purchased from other countries

50 JF-B1 ( 4th gene)
150 JF-B2 ( 4th gene)

even the first squardon is not ready and u r dreaming about 200 jf-17 in service they will not b4 2017 plus u have to still finalize the contract for avionics that will b used on jf-17 block2,and jf-17 no doubt is a good fighter but its not matured yet n i wonder after three years PAF will again say we dun have funds

We agree that we are here to talk about PAF but not on such biased basis and bogus claims,
Reality it is very harsh and v have to digest it that IAF will have fleet of 250 Su-30 Mki till 2012 plus the MRCA deal which will b stuck soon plus M2k ,mig-29 all in current inventory

Since the last 2 decades we are hearing that PAF wants to buy aircrafts but sanctions did not allow them blah blah but when tym came again no funds same old story,where is the budget allocation of last 2 decades?

Sorry to say but with this
we are going no where ,with this technology i cant expect anythng from PAF,
We always talk about good pilots ,pilot skills i agree we have best the best pilots but atleast give them somethng to go with atleast give them the technology upto their standards
These Falcons donot deserve junk lyk ancient mirages n stuff

only ALLAH can save us HE is the ALMIGHTY

we can spent money to buy bullet proof cars to protect our politicians who are unfortunately no pakistani ... just read the recent news all NRO beneficiaries are transferring their money out of Pakistan ... and most of them all their reserves in foreign accounts and every Pakistani called them their leader .. so let them do there job , let them loot pakistan and then go and rest where their property lies .. why we are weeping for lack of money .. we have no right to say that... sorry for being off the topic but this the fact ... ans of common question why we are reluctant to buy and others reluctant to sell us high tech aircraft .. simple example is that we are buying jf-17 with chinese debet... cheers:cheers:

dear now sanctions are off u can buy any fighter jet ... simply pay money and buy.... and for GOD sake mirage rose . and f7-pg all are 2nd gen .. and specially our mirages 30-40 years old too much yar don,t talk of them ... for me better option is to fully devote our selves with jf-17 and make it as much as we can... cos we its tech and we can modify it according to our needs.. we will be not so much dependent on any one any more...

slam o alikum borthers
i am ver quries about j10b can any one expalin its radar ranga and its radar capibility thanks:pakistan::pdf:

70 F-16 blck 52

u mean again open a way for US sanctions ,and remain begging to US wat we did in all our history?No availability of spare parts and upgrade in case of any sanction like we had in case of our 80's f-16?

80 Mirage ROSE (eq to 4th gen)

plz dun say me that ur serious, lol from where these ancient mirages look 4th generation? they had enough of service their airframe will not long last enough,look the date of their service entry and most of them are second hand purchased from other countries

50 JF-B1 ( 4th gene)
150 JF-B2 ( 4th gene)

even the first squardon is not ready and u r dreaming about 200 jf-17 in service they will not b4 2017 plus u have to still finalize the contract for avionics that will b used on jf-17 block2,and jf-17 no doubt is a good fighter but its not matured yet n i wonder after three years PAF will again say we dun have funds

We agree that we are here to talk about PAF but not on such biased basis and bogus claims,
Reality it is very harsh and v have to digest it that IAF will have fleet of 250 Su-30 Mki till 2012 plus the MRCA deal which will b stuck soon plus M2k ,mig-29 all in current inventory

Since the last 2 decades we are hearing that PAF wants to buy aircrafts but sanctions did not allow them blah blah but when tym came again no funds same old story,where is the budget allocation of last 2 decades?

Sorry to say but with this
we are going no where ,with this technology i cant expect anythng from PAF,
We always talk about good pilots ,pilot skills i agree we have best the best pilots but atleast give them somethng to go with atleast give them the technology upto their standards
These Falcons donot deserve junk lyk ancient mirages n stuff

only ALLAH can save us HE is the ALMIGHTY

slam o alikum brov
what u said its 100 percent true at the moement we far behind iaf we should think about that :pakistan:

yep i also have same kind of news . according to my little information its because of lack of funds and also some matter of changes in aircraft too ..PAF is looking to induct western avionics for FC-20 while Chinese are not willing and also big deal is engine problem. at this time Russia under Indian pressure is reluctant to supply AL-31 engine for PAF. S now at this time every thing is hanging on Indians MRCA deal if they don,t go with mig-35 than surely RUSSIA will consider PAF request and than we can get even AL-41 with super cruse .... thats why PAF is delaying till yet

like they say that the devil is in the details
Sources told PAF was facing lack of funds problem in the wake of tough economic situation. Therefore, PAF was completing its ongoing projects and these would be completed in time.However a clear decision with reference to J-10 planes would be made after their induction in Chinese air fleet and their performance in test flights.
you should know that AL-41 would likely e used in Pak-fa.....so most likely not to be available for FC-20.....it would be rather logical to see WS-10A (which has already begun its trials on J-10 after J-11)

Last edited:
He even left half of PAF out.
Like? As fas as I see it, he already replaced all A5, most Mirage and F7 with UAE M2K and JF 17 right? The only fighter I miss on PAFs side are the 36 x J10 (although these latest news seems to make them unlikely anyway), the rest of the numbers could be correct unless the clasification of generations maybe.
On IAF side (in a realistic comparison), you have to add around 125 Mig 21 Bisons, 40 Mig 27 and around 100 Jags of the older fighters. All these are, or will be upgraded to remain in service till around 2020, not to mention the LCA and MMRCA that should arrive in the same time frame like those 200 JF 17 he mentioned right (I guess he means till the end of the decade)?
like they say that the devil is in the details
But what about J10A, shouldn't they be cheaper than the B with AESA and stuff, or are there no funds for J10 at all at the moment? Also wouldn't China be ready to give a loan?

But what about J10A, shouldn't they be cheaper than the B with AESA and stuff, or are there no funds for J10 at all at the moment? Also wouldn't China be ready to give a loan?

J-10A are optimized for A2A like Typhoon T-1. PAF wants a multirole model.

brothers we ALL hate our POLITICIANS! however respecting this forum as OUR OWN! we need to discuss J10 and ONLY J10 on this thread...for letting out our feelings for our corrupt & inept leaders national political issues thread exists! let's uphold the high standards of this forum!

Back
Top Bottom