What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

For some reason I think that the J-10 A looks good aesthetically than the J-10 B. The air intake is kind of ugly and the radom is too big maybe cuz of the AESA radar. :)
J-10B used a more advanced DSI air intake design. Actually the 6 sticks on J-10A is kinda ugly lol
quote from wiki "The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, JF-17 Thunder, Chengdu J-10B and Chengdu J-20 fighters all incorporate DSI."

Don't worry. The Chinese are rich. They will either give them for free, or remit the debt afterwards. :china:

fc20 any official full specs and images of the equipments coakpit ?

So far noithing revealed about J10B, only speculations.
But Sino Defence syas this

The J-10B is a modified variant of the J-10 multirole fighter aircraft, with modifications in airframe and avionics

DSI Design Modifications
The J-10B features a chin-mounted diffuser supersonic inlet (DSI) air inlet. The traditional rectangle-shape air inlet on the J-10 requires a large moveable inlet ramp to generate a rearward leaning oblique shock wave to aid the inlet compression process. The ramp sits at an acute angle to deflect the intake air stream from the longitudinal direction. The air inlets comprises many moving parts, which increases the aircraft’s weight and radar reflections.

The newly designed rampless inlet, first tested on the FC-1/JF-17 fighter design by Chengdu, employs a one-piece bump at the top of the inlet replacing the movable ramp. This eliminates all moving parts on the inlet, lightening the overall weight and reducing the aircraft’s radar signature.

5252546472_c55d80d5dc_b.jpg

j10b_01.jpg

The J-10B has been added with an electronic-optic targeting system (EOTS) commonly found on all fourth-generation Russian fighter aircraft such as Su-27 and MiG-29.Placed forward of the cockpit canopy to the right, the system comprises an infrared search and track (IRST) sensor and a laser rangefinder, which can detect enemy targets passively without requiring to turn on the fire-control radar, thus reducing the chance of the aircraft being detected.

Accommodate advanced electronic warfare and countermeasures (EW/ECM) equipment.

Engine and Radar are still under cover.

Reference:- J10B Sino Defence

@ROH1T; In reference to your laconic post #5120, you must have picked up my 'latent' excitement from my opening seven words. I do not have a crisp command of the written word as perhaps someone as yourself.

My comment was a cautionary note for Pakistani and Chinese readers about the treacherous machinations of the Aviation world and not drum beat of war in any manner whatsoever. Such events do become selling points for manufacturers and they often like to influence the perceived outcomes of such events. You picking up what is being laid down?

When you speak of these events leading to full scale war, which war would that be - World War IV amongst whom? In the context of this thread that simply means more military hardware marketing to nations like yours by US, Europe, Russia and Israel.

Maybe you can enlighten us all why the skirmish in 1999 where you downed an unarmed Pakistani Breguet Atlantique did not lead to war? Or why numerous skirmishes over Durand in 80s did not lead to war, although quite a few Soviet aircraft were downed?
Do you consider the Kargil border skirmishes as full scale war in which you lost a few aircraft?

I am going to quit while I am contextually ahead but I do share you abhorrence of war - ahimsa as you might put it?

140_66_4e61f979dae179b.jpg

JFT PT 06 was also being tested yesterday
140_66_9411efd59ebc31d.jpg

Lol, both these J-10A and JFT body tube are very similar and look much same except wings. Didnt realized it.

Though J-10A is like 500 pounds heavy than JF-17- 200 pounds (eating healthy foods). :D

The J-10B has been added with an electronic-optic targeting system (EOTS) commonly found on all fourth-generation Russian fighter aircraft such as Su-27 and MiG-29.Placed forward of the cockpit canopy to the right, the system comprises an infrared search and track (IRST) sensor and a laser rangefinder, which can detect enemy targets passively without requiring to turn on the fire-control radar, thus reducing the chance of the aircraft being detected.

F-35 Lightning II Electro-optical Targeting System - YouTube

I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I could find anything related to this on PDF

Right now Wikipedia says that J-10B is being delivered to PAKISTAN in 2012 and that claim is being supported by the link from Asian Military Review Retrieved 11 July 2011.(it is a PDF file)

The J-10s would be modified to Pakistani requirements, and be delivered to two PAF squadrons in 2014–2015 as the FC-20.

in Wikpedia it is written 2014-15.. whee u read 2012?

The J-10s would be modified to Pakistani requirements, and be delivered to two PAF squadrons in 2014–2015 as the FC-20.

in Wikpedia it is written 2014-15.. whee u read 2012?

Here

I had provided the source in the above post too

Back
Top Bottom