What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I don’t know what is going in the head of Chinese authority on acquiring FC-1 and FC-20 but I believe that Pakistan badly need such a kind of equipment at this time in her inventory in current circumstances and current production line of both equipment would need to work hard to fulfill this requirement. I think this is the point might preventing China to acquire these equipments. At least they have already J-10 and J-11 that could fulfill their current requirement.

We are thankful of Chinese on this regards. :china:
The moment they signed off for FC-1, they had no alternatives available for themselves with J-10 being in initial stages going through tweaks. Thanks to flurry of developments in Chinese aviation industry, now PLAAF has more choice and altogather different operational requirements. JFT still fitts well into PAF's operational requirements. And let me tell you, even if exports are made, the export varients will be significantly different from JFT. PAF has histroically seen its procurment decisions independent from PLAAF. It didn't acquire J-7s because PLAAF had it flying but rather optimized to meet her own requirements. The same is the case with JFT. If it were a so called "cheap and inferior" aircraft it would not have been aclaimed and promoted by international defence media. Lastly as I said over and over again, JFT/FC-1 is a JV between CAC and PAF not PLAAF and PAF. So since the PLAAF did not contribute development costs, the cost of JFT for them would not be the same as for PAF. PLAAF funded J-10 and other projects, which means that Price tag of J-10/J-11 for PLAAF would be more attractive than even JFT, not to forget they can spend more.

The moment they signed off for FC-1, they had no alternatives available for themselves with J-10 being in initial stages going through tweaks. Thanks to flurry of developments in Chinese aviation industry, now PLAAF has more choice and altogather different operational requirements. JFT still fitts well into PAF's operational requirements. And let me tell you, even if exports are made, the export varients will be significantly different from JFT. PAF has histroically seen its procurment decisions independent from PLAAF. It didn't acquire J-7s because PLAAF had it flying but rather optimized to meet her own requirements. The same is the case with JFT. If it were a so called "cheap and inferior" aircraft it would not have been aclaimed and promoted by international defence media. Lastly as I said over and over again, JFT/FC-1 is a JV between CAC and PAF not PLAAF and PAF. So since the PLAAF did not contribute development costs, the cost of JFT for them would not be the same as for PAF. PLAAF funded J-10 and other projects, which means that Price tag of J-10/J-11 for PLAAF would be more attractive than even JFT, not to forget they can spend more.

Hence the question is that FC-20 is joint venture between PAF, PLAAF and CAC or all modification is according and fulfills the requirement of PAF?

Chengdu-J-10B-Prototype-1031-1S.jpg
Chengdu-J-10B-Prototype-01-2S.jpg

Hence the question is that FC-20 is joint venture between PAF, PLAAF and CAC or all modification is according and fulfills the requirement of PAF?
read the fc20 MRCA from begning you will be find your answe

today,huzigeng said the j10's contract of PAF had been signed early with avic and these planes are j10A and j10S ????
If this true,it seems like j10B isnot still matured and need to continue testing in CATC
In addition, the current j10B haven't double-seated version and also not easy to training.

today,huzigeng said the j10's contract of PAF had been signed early with avic and these planes are j10A and j10S ????
If this true,it seems like j10B isnot still matured and need to continue testing in CATC
In addition, the current j10B haven't double-seated version and also not easy to training.
Well I suspected the same, there hasn't been any weapons testing leaks on J-10B.But CAC has effectively closed J-10A production lines since last year according to Tphung. In his view CAC was gearing up for J-10B production.

Well I suspected the same, there hasn't been any weapons testing leaks on J-10B.But CAC has effectively closed J-10A production lines since last year according to Tphung. In his view CAC was gearing up for J-10B production.

if this true,I think the reason maybe because the time for the date of delivery has been moved up about 3 years ?????

well, anyway We should know j10a or j10b by the end of this year

if this true,I think the reason maybe because the time for the date of delivery has been moved up about 3 years old?????

well, anyway We should know j10a or j10b by the end of this year

I ll try to get a confirmation and post back........

Hey hey. Does that means no J10b for PAF??? Looks like a bit disappointing situation!!!

Hey hey. Does that means no J10b for PAF??? Looks like a bit disappointing situation!!!

Rather a stop gap I suspect, There is a difference between J-10 and J-10A which is thought to be with upgrades over baseline J-10 fighters, the examples of J-10A are in service with PLAAF.

here is a nice summery on the J-10 Variants
J-10 = original prototypes, pre-serials + prodction models in Block 01 - 03
J-10S = original twin-seater

J-10A and AS = improved production type from Block 04 on - currently Block 06 is under delivery - including SAT-nav, IFR-probe ...
... included in this block are the (maybe) so called AH and ASH machines for the PLANAF

J-10AY and SY = PLAAF-demo team machines

J-10B (and most likely BS) = revised type with DSI

Well there is some collision with our sources, they have clearly said that it will be J-10B, or might be mix of J-10 A and B. And currently as we speaking PAF pilots are being trained in China to Fly J-10

Rather a stop gap I suspect, There is a difference between J-10 and J-10A which is thought to be with upgrades over baseline J-10 fighters, the examples of J-10A are in service with PLAAF.

But J-10A production line are closed by CAC. And there isn't any news or leak about J-10b either. So we are in a lot of confusion right now about J-10b project. Hopefully things would clarify soon.

But J-10A production line are closed by CAC. And there isn't any news or leak about J-10b either. So we are in a lot of confusion right now about J-10b project. Hopefully things would clarify soon.

A possibility may be a short term lease till J-10B becomes operational......

Back
Top Bottom