What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Sorry again if I misunderstood your reply and even more if you rated mine as an offensive return. I was only unsure, since in Germany the term "smug" or "selbstgefällig" has a very negative connotation in the meaning of "hochnäsig" (snooty or supercilious!)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Interesting news, that raises some more interesting questions?

WHY ... ? Are there any issues? Maybe related to the engines? Do they wait for a certain item or even occasion?
🤔

We know these WS-10B-powered J-10Cs are in production since mid-2019 but we haven't seen a single operational one in a PLAAF brigade yet?

That’s not correct strictly speaking.

Last edited:
Part about WS-10 J-10 not entering operational units. I thought that 4th batch of J-10s started equipping WS-10 or am I wrong?

Oh well, now you got me!

To admit, I'm not sure ... the first WS-10-powered J-10C with a construction number visible was cn. 042x (the x was hidden), so MAYBE all Batch 04 J-10Cs are using the Taihang or - and that is what I thought but I have no image to prove it - right in the middle of that batch, they switched from AL-31FN to WS-10B?

The next number I know is 0431 and 0440 with WS-10.

Sorry again if I misunderstood your reply and even more if you rated mine as an offensive return. I was only unsure, since in Germany the term "smug" or "selbstgefällig" has a very negative connotation in the meaning of "hochnäsig" (snooty or supercilious!)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Well my angle was that you are smug as in your knowledge wisdom understanding prediction elevates you slightly. alternatively you can be smug as someone who is royally pompous.

I can understand that it was received negatively so apologies.

maybe NOT; did pakistan pay in cash for J10? 🤔
such news also come over tens of years but NEVER occurred;
so far we've stongly asked pakistan to pay in cash for J10 (at least $4M each) and pakistan said NO;
let see if we really see J10 in pakistan
lol..pakistan doesnt has any money

Well my angle was that you are smug as in your knowledge wisdom understanding prediction elevates you slightly. alternatively you can be smug as someone who is royally pompous.

I can understand that it was received negatively so apologies.

Thanks my friend, and no offence taken.

Back
Top Bottom