What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

The fist plane has another one behind it I guess.

It is the same plane. It is the same pic just the second one is PS. I think I need 10 minutes to move from the frist pic top the second... If these alterations are that difficult then I wonder what people look at :)

Waiting for more pics cause sofar onle one was impressive.

It is the same plane. It is the same pic just the second one is PS. I think I need 10 minutes to move from the frist pic top the second... If these alterations are that difficult then I wonder what people look at :)

Waiting for more pics cause sofar onle one was impressive.

what you have pointed out is a very obvious cheap PS job... however the very first pic of this thread and this one
are real thing.

what you have pointed out is a very obvious cheap PS job... however the very first pic of this thread and this one
are real thing.

I think this and two other pics others are probably the real pics. The strange idea for not straight pitot tube is understandable : if they want to meassure high AOA data... But I would not do it this way. Maybe it is the cheapest way.

That the plane flies is not a suprise... But they want to know how it behaves on different AOA with this DSI. Expect that the design will be altered later. Personally I do not think that this is the best version yet so I am looking forward to the practical improvements.

About the radar... I bet this plane has no radar in it now.

So did we finally conclude that there is a possibility some of these pics of J-10B aren't all bullsh** ?

Just as a friendly request, if more pictures of J-10B or C are leaked please post them to this thread as well as the J-10 official thread.

here is a better quality picture.

The DIS definitely looks more realistic IMO - but that IRST still looks like an ice cream cone that got slapped on, and the tapered end of the IRST looks like its creeping up the windshield a bit ...

but that IRST still looks like an ice cream cone that got slapped on, and the tapered end of the IRST looks like its creeping up the windshield a bit ...

:lol: sir g.... the IRST on FC-20 is on the right side like on the new flanker family such as MKI and as far as i know, the cone is only there to give some aerodynamics to the actual IRST sensor which appears to be the gray part on new FC-20 pic.

Last edited:
d38daa9c6202d8375e450eecc68ccf2b.jpg

mods can you please shift the above off-topic posts to another proper thread so we can continue discussion there?

A break for the on-going discussion...

hours ago, News reported,

A J-10 frighter encountered with power-off and the engine stoppage in 1400m height air, The ground control center asked him to eject,but he decided to forced landing . The pilot drive the plane that without power to glide,and land safely. the plane has been damaged, But the pilot are safe.

the report said, this is the first time that J10 meet with malfunction in the sky since the j10 equiped in PLAAF.

mods can you please shift the above off-topic posts to another proper thread so we can continue discussion there?

A break for the on-going discussion...

hours ago, News reported,

A J-10 frighter encountered with power-off and the engine stoppage in 1400m height air, The ground control center asked him to eject,but he decided to forced landing . The pilot drive the plane that without power to glide,and land safely. the plane has been damaged, But the pilot are safe.

the report said, this is the first time that J10 meet with malfunction in the sky since the j10 equiped in PLAAF.

Although it could happen to anyone and any plane, it is a stark reminder that Russian Engines are not as reliable as western ones. PAF has had reservations about this annd this news has justified its stand.
Araz

ok back to the topic..

here is my wish list of Russian equipments for FC-20

- Powerplant = AL-31 2D TVC
- Radar = Zhuk AE

09170ef7a779122cf70c6adc7e08b0c4.jpg

3a6172b92cfba5120ccb403c2eb53564.jpg

66cb868aaf12378a08a22c2ee344e303.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom