What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Will might be fine, but the question is how recent this image is since far i did not know.
Prototype 1031 is supposed to have Al31F at the first beginning, they change the engine after that?
image.jpeg

Something seems really off about those numbers. The F135 (I know the F119 would be the better comparison at that stage of the WS-15's development, but I can't find good data on the F119's parameters) has an OPR of 28 and airflow of 140 kg/s. Those numbers you posted are the wrong order of magnitude - it seems unphysical that the WS-15 can reach its stated thrust with those numbers.
These are the parameters given by Jiang Hefu, the chief designer of the CJ-2000 and WS-15. And I think you misread me. I said the corrected airflow was 30 kg/s, not the overall airflow. And I mistyped 6~7 for OPR ... I meant HPC pressure ratio. The OPR should be similar to that of F-119/F-135, which are less than 30.

Last edited:
These are the parameters given by Jiang Hefu, the chief designer of the CJ-2000 and WS-15. And I think you misread me. I said the corrected airflow was 30 kg/s, not the overall airflow. And I mistyped 6~7 for OPR ... I meant HPC pressure ratio. The OPR should be similar to that of F-119/F-135, which are less than 30.
How is WS15 going?

How is WS15 going?
I don't k. And I bet most people don't. All I know is that its target completion date is 2020 ... but it might be pushed back a little. A lack of news does not equate to problems or a lack of development. Virtually no one knew the details of the WS-10 until it was flight tested in a J-11 ... expect the same for WS-15. But the baseline should be the statistics I provided earlier. WS-15 shouldn't be encountering too many troubles ... otherwise, why would 606 start development of TWR 15 engine.

This is the 5th known combat unit operating J-10B/C fighters in PLAAF, a brigade consists of 32 fighters.
In response to below:

Two more Brigades confirmed:
1. the 72nd Brigade assigned to the Central Theater Command flying J-10C

P.S. I always repeat the original text in the twitter's link for these TWO reasons:

1) to make the post SEARCHABLE

2) just in case the related tweet is no longer available

I will SUGGEST all PDF posters here to adopt the same practice for above reasons, not merely post the twitter's link. If the attached picture(s) are of special quality, I will even repost them in my post at PDF, again, to not solely relying on twitter's availability!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom