What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

img-5855fca2e930203a9b72eb331b6bece3.jpg

But then even more 2015 must be a typo??
Yang Wei, the chief designer, said it.

Maybe we can see J20 fly WS15 before year 2015.

WS10x is just a stop gap.

I don't think China airforce need a high-low combination of Stealthy fighters. If the WS15 is ready, just concentrate on producing J20. Maybe navy need a different platform.

Yang Wei, the chief designer, said it.

Maybe we can see J20 fly WS15 before year 2015.

WS10x is just a stop gap.

I don't think China airforce need a high-low combination of Stealthy fighters. If the WS15 is ready, just concentrate on producing J20. Maybe navy need a different platform.

Pardon and maybe I need another cup of coffee but there are few points than make your or Yang Wei's statement impossible:

- the WS-15 is NOT ready yet.
- we haven't seen any WS-15 yet. Not on bench-test, not on a J-20 prototype, not on an aerial testbed Il-76LL .. NONE.
- Even more we have just seen a WS-10X on the J-20A, not even with TVC ...
- we already have 2018 !

So how could a fully matured WS-15 + TVC be ready in 2015??

Deino

Pardon and maybe I need another cup of coffee but there are few points than make your or Yang Wei's statement impossible:

- we haven't seen any WS-15 yet. Not on bench-test, not on a J-20 prototype, not on an aerial testbed Il-76LL .. NONE.
- we already have 2018 !

Deino
I think they change the specification of WS15 in the middle way of development, it consumes a lot of time. They don't want a engine to be outdated at the date of birth. As new material is keep coming, they may have a brand new idea.

- we already have 2018 !

Deino
We never saw the WS-10 until it was incorporated into the J-11 prototype ...

Back
Top Bottom