What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Will be ready before year 2015.

We have start to work on VCE and PDE.

Maybe this WS10X is a testbed for WS15.
What?``:eek:`!```it'd be lucky if they can nail down WS15 on 2020````if there is a bet, I'd bet on the fourth-gen medium thrust engine over WS15 on 2020, you just cant bypass all of those works and details to have a reliable fourth-gen high thrust engine``

What?``:eek:`!```it'd be lucky if they can nail down WS15 on 2020````if there is a bet, I'd bet on the fourth-gen medium thrust engine over WS15 on 2020, you just cant bypass all of those works and details to have a reliable fourth-gen high thrust engine``
Typo, I want to say get it done before year 2025.

What's the main problem WS15 is facing now? Did they reset the specification for a higher performance in the middle of development?

Typo, I want to say get it done before year 2025.

What's the main problem WS15 is facing now? Did they reset the specification for a higher performance in the middle of development?
The WS-15 should be completed within the 2020-2025 timeframe. Last year, there was an official report of a vibration issue that needed solving. Apart from that, the program seems to be going smoothly. And yes, they probably upgraded the tech specifications. If you want the original specs published in the early 2000’s, search for YWH-30-27. I’ll list the specs here ...
  • 30 kg/s corrected air flow
  • 175 kN wet thrust/ 110 kN dry thrust
  • 6 stage HPC
  • OPR around 6-7
  • 1900K turbine inlet temp
  • TWR 10
Basically, you should expect specs at least equal to the ones presented above. They’re pretty decent but I believe that the Chinese can improve on these by 2020 given their huge strides. But don’t expect any huge improvements or surprises ... as for lack of info, just wait. Last November, the J-10 TVC popped out of nowhere from a cartoon artist. Expect something similar with the WS-15.

Last edited:
I wanna post it again, too sexy!
image.jpeg

Finally we have a TVC engine, thanks God!

By the way, is there any info on when exactly the first TVC-nozzle was tested in China? I mean the one we know with Jiang Zemin on control and even more what type of engine this was?

By the way, is there any info on when exactly the first TVC-nozzle was tested in China? I mean the one we know with Jiang Zemin on control and even more what type of engine this was?

There is a patent about it applied by Shenyang.

Irfan, your J-10 is too short and fat. And there is an important detail that you miss at the back of the aircraft. The tail wing or something that point to below the airplane.
aim was to make a resembling plane looking almost like J10.
there are limited options in the program and my own creativity has its limits too

nice try sir but you forget ventral fins under the tail sir:D
maybe I will address that in next version. I wanted something looking close to that plane it it was a very complex design for me

The WS-15 should be completed within the 2020-2025 timeframe. Last year, there was an official report of a vibration issue that needed solving. Apart from that, the program seems to be going smoothly. And yes, they probably upgraded the tech specifications. If you want the original specs published in the early 2000’s, search for YWH-30-27. I’ll list the specs here ...
  • 30 kg/s corrected air flow
  • 175 kN wet thrust/ 110 kN dry thrust
  • 6 stage HPC
  • OPR around 6-7
  • 1900K turbine inlet temp
  • TWR 10
Basically, you should expect specs at least equal to the ones presented above. They’re pretty decent but I believe that the Chinese can improve on these by 2020 given their huge strides. But don’t expect any huge improvements or surprises ... as for lack of info, just wait. Last November, the J-10 TVC popped out of nowhere from a cartoon artist. Expect something similar with the WS-15.
Something seems really off about those numbers. The F135 (I know the F119 would be the better comparison at that stage of the WS-15's development, but I can't find good data on the F119's parameters) has an OPR of 28 and airflow of 140 kg/s. Those numbers you posted are the wrong order of magnitude - it seems unphysical that the WS-15 can reach its stated thrust with those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom