What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10A the high plateau defenders (守卫祖国蓝天的红土高原之鹰)
yK5C4bU.jpg
xhRakA2.jpg
ajAxAfv.jpg
kAfau1c.jpg
2mBeCFS.jpg
PeSYnpG.jpg
o0ZCLew.jpg

t6RM2xY.jpg

Yes, but as far as I remember an older image !

By the way since we are already close to the same number of batch 02 (49 ?) aircraft as the batch 01 (55) had, are there any hint in regard to batch 03 ?

Deino

These should be the J10B late batch model (above picture) powered by FWS10A or FWS10H with type A nozzle and J10C prototype(below)powered by FWS10AII with type B nozzle , the one displayed on the Zhuhai show.

One one the features distinguish the two is J10C has missile warning device at its tail

j10b&c.jpg

These should be the J10B late batch model (above picture) powered by FWS10A or FWS10H with type A nozzle and J10C prototype(below)powered by FWS10AII with type B nozzle , the one displayed on the Zhuhai show.

One one the features distinguish the two is J10C has missile warning device at its tail

View attachment 356999

You got the two mixed up; the J-10B has a MAWS sensor on the tail whereas the J-10C doesn't. The J-10C is using an AL-31.

This image showing a J-10C (batch 02) on top is well known and it shows one of the two late production J-10B (batch 01 - either 154 or 155) in comparison since only these two are powered by the WS-10.

So please do not mix again AL-31FN with WS-10, esp. on the J-10-serises both engines are more than easy to identify ... and there is no WS-10 featuring an AL-31FN-nozzle. That's only wishful thinking.

Deino

This image showing a J-10C (batch 02) on top is well known and it shows one of the two late production J-10B (batch 01 - either 154 or 155) in comparison since only these two are powered by the WS-10.

So please do not mix again AL-31FN with WS-10, esp. on the J-10-serises both engines are more than easy to identify ... and there is no WS-10 featuring an AL-31FN-nozzle. That's only wishful thinking.

Deino
C'mon, did I say " featuring an AL-31FN nozzle "?
And "wishful thinking", really? If you are so adamant about everything, then why couldn't you explain the finding of the bended petal on those supposed to be the same Russian engines raised by j20blackdragon?

C'mon, did I say " featuring an AL-31FN nozzle "?
And "wishful thinking", really? If you are so adamant about everything, then why couldn't you explain the finding of the bended petal on those supposed to be the same Russian engines raised by j20blackdragon?

Maybe I misunderstood Your post but You said:

1. These should be the J10B late batch model (above picture) powered by FWS10A or FWS10H with type A nozzle and

Wrong, since the image on top shows a J-10C with a standard AL-31FN Series 3 nozzle ... exactly the same as the J-10B in Zhuhai featured, since both B & C models use the same engine. There is no "type A nozzle"

2. J10C prototype (below) powered by FWS10AII with type B nozzle, the one displayed on the Zhuhai show.

Also wrong, since this one is a J-10B with a WS-10, the same nozzle as all WS-10 engines have and not as the J-10B in Zhuhai had. Or did You mean the WS-10B on display ? Then You are correct, but that makes this aircraft still not a C.

Or can You please explain what You meant with WS-10 type A or B nozzle ??

Deino

anyone trying to disagree against Deino on engine issues is sure to be wrong

I don't know anyone who is as knowledgeable on engines issue as Deino is

Back
Top Bottom