What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

@Gentelman

Meri jaan PN will get greater range, stealth and high speed also by the time we retire the Mirages, the J-11 will be quite an old technology !!!

And what was the 2040 part ??? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gentelman

Meri jaan PN will get greater range, stealth and high speed also by the time we retire the Mirages, the J-11 will be quite an old technology !!!

and for what you need such yech?? :unsure:
Currentely PN don't even have their own fighter squardron and you are talking about stealth??
Seriously??:woot:
Maybe such fighters could be useful if PN opreates an aircraft carrier…:coffee:
which we don't need
for main patrolling and antiship role along with Search & rescue PN is using P3-Cs and ATR-72 is also subjected to be used with antiships missiles & deapth charges while other squardron is fighter in which currentely we have Mairages and in future there would be JFT or maybe luckily J-11s
noone is getting stealth jets before 2030……wanna bet??:lol:
2040 was maybe a mistake…… :rofl:

@RAMPAGE
Gentleman ko "Meri Jaan" ap nay profile pic ki waja se to nae kaha ?

@Gentelman

True, but I've been noticing (again, I'm talking out of my ***) that the PAF is actually changing it's doctrine. It's slowly going from a force that's capable of defence, to one that wants to have the capabilities to conduct offensive operations, such as deep strike missions and as we know, twin engine long range fighters are the best way of achieving that. The J-31 doesn't provide such capabilities, while the J-20 does.

What makes you think that the PAF can't conduct strikes?:what: This may offend you but it is true that at the moment the PAF will most likely last no more than 3-4 weeks or so in a conventional conflict BUT in those 3-4 weeks I will see my countries economy reduced QUITE considerably (and we are not talking flight of oversees capital due to uncertainty generated by war, I am referring to something of a more permanent and IRREVERSIBLE nature). So do the math. Now if you mean striking a city like Kolkata then yes the PAF does not maintain strike capabilities to go in that deep nor will it for the foreseeable decade or two.

The J-31 will fit into the role quite snugly. IF someone still wants to fit in a J-20 or something as heavy as a J-15/11 then they need to realize that the contrary to popular belief the PAF is NOT changing its operational doctrine drastically. Comments and analysis do not equal what the PAF envisages as doable and/or necessary. What the PAF wants is capability up-gradation across its existing operational envelope so as to remain relevant and hard hitting in the times to come.

What makes you think that the PAF can't conduct strikes?:what: This may offend you but it is true that at the moment the PAF will most likely last no more than 3-4 weeks or so in a conventional conflict BUT in those 3-4 weeks I will see my countries economy reduced QUITE considerably (and we are not talking flight of oversees capital due to uncertainty generated by war, I am referring to something of a more permanent and IRREVERSIBLE nature). So do the math. Now if you mean striking a city like Kolkata then yes the PAF does not maintain strike capabilities to go in that deep nor will it for the foreseeable decade or two.

The J-31 will fit into the role quite snugly. IF someone still wants to fit in a J-20 or something as heavy as a J-15/11 then they need to realize that the contrary to popular belief the PAF is NOT changing its operational doctrine drastically. Comments and analysis do not equal what the PAF envisages as doable and/or necessary. What the PAF wants is capability up-gradation across its existing operational envelope so as to remain relevant and hard hitting in the times to come.

Nothing to be offended over, I did mention that I was talking out of my ***. I know little to nothing about the air force.

Nothing to be offended over, I did mention that I was talking out of my ***. I know little to nothing about the air force.

The JF-17 is a good example of this doctrine, it does not increase the operational envelope in terms of range or persistence (which does impose its on penalties in terms of things that you can do) BUT within the ambit of its combat radius and envisaged roles it brings in an appreciable quantum of multi-role capabilities (going from being an ADGE and AEW&C assisted CAP/Air-defense aircaft to a maritime strike aircraft within its CR). THAT is what the PAF wants. The reason for that is quite simple, warfare is NOT platform centric but rather network centric (I repeat this mantra quite often but people rarely dig in to find what it means)- so ponder upon this- can a JF-17 intercept a MKI while being vectored in by a capable ADGE, why not?

The JF-17 is a good example of this doctrine, it does not increase the operational envelope in terms of range or persistence (which does impose its on penalties in terms of things that you can do) BUT within the ambit of its combat radius and envisaged roles it brings in an appreciable quantum of multi-role capabilities (going from being an ADGE and AEW&C assisted CAP/Air-defense aircaft to a maritime strike aircraft within its CR). THAT is what the PAF wants. The reason for that is quite simple, warfare is NOT platform centric but rather network centric (I repeat this mantra quite often but people rarely dig in to find what it means)- so ponder upon this- can a JF-17 intercept a MKI while being vectored in by a capable ADGE, why not?

Again, I know little to nothing about the air force, so I really have no arguments to make. I was just hazarding a guess.

Again, I know little to nothing about the air force, so I really have no arguments to make. I was just hazarding a guess.

We all hazard guesses and think upon possibilities. In case of the latter- I am counting on you folks losing to the TTP so that I can poach a few of your compatriots and bring them over here- something they will not be amenable to in the current circumstances- YET.:omghaha:

How is that obvious for the J-20 and not a smaller platform like the J-31?

.. Beats Me???

or even better, how come jump to J-20 when we dont even have to dosh for J-10 yet? (response above)

Well PAF will eventually have to acquire a LO platform, no?

.. Beats Me???

or even better, how come jump to J-20 when we dont even have to dosh for J-10 yet? (response above)

Even if there is a jump, I certainly doubt it will be to the J-20. The wait is for the Chinese to mature their medium weight LO fighter, of which two types were reported to be in the works in 2011. The J-31 is one of them, and the other will remains to be seen if it was anything but a rumour or proposal.

Yes, but..

How is that obvious for the J-20 and not a smaller platform like the J-31?

Considering that we've heard more about the PAF regarding the J-20 than the J-31, I'd say they're more interested in the J-20.

It doesn't even matter though, they can't afford to buy either, so this conversation is pointless.

@That Guy

J-20 for Pakistan? - get real !

Oh, totally. I agree with you, I've said it plenty of times in multiple threads, including this one, PAF won't get the J-20. All I did was mention that they're interested in the J-20, not that they're going to buy it (which they can't).

i am new here , i just have one question " when pakistan is getting those birds ? can anyone give an exact year ?

Back
Top Bottom