What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Bamboo

USA has unlimited TECHNOLOGY and unlimted CASH to upgrade their F16 over 30 years

More importantly IT WAS A MASSIVE GLOBAL SUCCESS.

The investment in the F16 was OF super power porpotions.IE WORLD CLASS

the JFT will never the see the WORLD class investment that F16 had over 3 decades. ITS financially NOT POSSIBLE

moreover THE F16 TWR size & span ARE IN J10 league ie meduim weight fighter.

THE CHINEASE WILL SPEND BIG IMPRIOVING J10 as its THEIR version OF THE F16

who WILL give the JFT the same investment ?????

True, as you say, USA has unlimited cash, tech and sales volume to add up to their improvements. I agree with you there completely. And Pakistan may never see that kind of funding. However, when, Pakistan has an alternative aircraft that is loosely defined like J-10/F-16, Pakistan govt. might invest some even when they are in bad financial state considering the potential in it. Your own production line means, you do not have to pay millions of dollar to some country for improvements rather you can develop the same in much cheaper price tag. Example (although very lame example), Bangladesh air force used to buy the ejection handle of the L-39ZA for Tk. 2.5 lac ($3,400) each. So, BAF engineers started to make those locally and each handle is made for TK. 1,000 ($14). Though a very lame example, but it explains how convenient the price can be for modifications and upgrade programs.

pakistan need j/10 to Replace its old F-16 which it bought in 80s SO not buying J/10 is out of Question and pakistan needs JFT to replace Mirages/F-7,
j/10 have a lot of Capabilites over Jft

First it can carry more
second it can fly higher
thrid its better in combat compared with F-16 and j-11s
fourth its sanction free
fifth with its development will come more Upgrades for Jft as they both Share alot f
and after all the f16s are old paf will move to get more j-10 because usa wont sell F-35 as india is interested in it and thats the only Plane usa will use after it retires all its f-16 and f-15

and when India will Get a Stealth Jet

Paf will also Get a Stealth JEt with J/10 and JFt in its fleet ( obiviously both of them would be heavily Upgraded)

Pakistan govt. if they think logically, would never go for J-10. To replace PAF Mirage-3/5, F-7 and old F-16, JF-17 is good enough. 150 JF-17 would do the job better than Mirage-3/5, F-7 and old F-16 can do. But PAF even go further with JF-17 platform. JF-17 is a cheaper alternative to slightly upgraded same generation fighter with double price J-10.

PAF and Pakistan govt. are not fools. They will consider a future procurement more carefully considering they have a platform of their own. I believe, the next procurement PAF will make is Shenyang J-31. PAF in future shall be armed with 48 to 72 Shenyang J-31 and 150 to 240 JF-17 and 18 to 24 F-16.

48 to 72 Shenyang J-31 and 150 to 240 JF-17 and 18 to 24 F-16

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...role-fighter-air-craft-444.html#ixzz2TAawVsyw

dosnt add up to 380-400 combat aircraft. J-10/FC-20 will see light of day around 2015-16 in PAF livery.

During a recent discussion with someone from PAF, he also said the same that J-10 will get inducted in due course of time, and said the same which someone added here, that its induction is related to something from across the border meaning MMRCA, that is why no hurry is being shown, priority is for now JF-17s & AEW&Cs, J-10 will get priority only if & when induction of Rafale gets started and PAF is still hopeful to get used F-16s, upgrade them and use this cheap option as a stop gap measure or should i say keep the balance, thus it still seems a 50/50 case.

Now here another source telling that J10 is related to whether India gets MMRCA... It is funny though that some posters start arguing if someone else states the same but not being mod or telling that PAF told... I hope those posters start learning.

Those used F16's are ex NLAF/BAF in Jordan service or maybe Norway... So keep you ears open...

That may not happen. Primarily due to financial reasons but this has had the unexpected good in the ASR being revised and greater percentage of 5th gen aircraft within the PAF orbat.

The problem is, that the China has the same problems with their engines to get them to 5th gen capabilities, which is why Russian engines remain so important for them. So unless that issue will be resolved, PAF might face the same problem with J31.

Jf-17 And J-31 have same engine i.e Rd-93 No problem they have already got the clearance from Russian.

The problem is, that the China has the same problems with their engines to get them to 5th gen capabilities, which is why Russian engines remain so important for them. So unless that issue will be resolved, PAF might face the same problem with J31.

I would not stress too much about the Chinese and Russian engines.. or the same getting to Pakistan.
Moreover, there a lot more going in the Ivchenko Factory in the Ukraine at the moment.

Jf-17 And J-31 have same engine i.e Rd-93 No problem they have already got the clearance from Russian.

Which PAF don't want in later blocks and logically not in a J31, they prefer Chinese counterparts, if they are technically as capable and mature, which they aren't so far.

Moreover, there a lot more going in the Ivchenko Factory in the Ukraine at the moment.

For Pakistan or for China?

I am sure that PAC and CAC might rather going to produce a 5th Generation together and if needed then PAC might going to license produce about 70+ J-31 at home. INSHA ALLAH.

I am sure that PAC and CAC might rather going to produce a 5th Generation together and if needed then PAC might going to license produce about 70+ J-31 at home. INSHA ALLAH.

Probably not, I know that PAC and CAC are in pre-production stages for a projected called J-2X, but it's either rumored to be a brand new 4.5 gen with the characteristics of a 5th gen, or a stealth variant of the JF-17.

For a Chinese project that Pakistan may very well be a customer of.. and this is old news.

Ok, for a moment I though Pakistan would have own engine developments with the Ukraine.

I read some where the PAF is very Happy with Rd-93 and they are going to use it till chinese engine mature .But i think they want russian to improve the Klimov RD-93 to RD-33MK Standard.

Regarding the RD-93, which China mainly uses to power the JF-17 (FC-1) fighter, Kornev said that Russia has completed deliveries of 100 of the engine under a framework agreement for 500. Negotiations on the next batch are ongoing. “All juridical formalities regarding new sales are agreed upon; our negotiations are purely about commercial aspects, including price

Russian Officials Reveal J-31 Engine and Describe Sales to China | Aviation International News

Which PAF don't want in later blocks and logically not in a J31, they prefer Chinese counterparts, if they are technically as capable and mature, which they aren't so far.

For Pakistan or for China?

any news about Chengdu: J-10 when its to coming to PAKISTAN or is the Deal Scrapped??????? any one Kindly Put light on this matter

Back
Top Bottom