What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Rightly said bro... they said they will announce the lowest bidder by january end and yet again no sign of any development.
Looks like our countries have strong induction effect. :D
what non sense
mmrca delay delay delay
tejas delay delay delay
china now have 200+ j-10a soon j-10b will be enter services

what non sense
mmrca delay delay delay
tejas delay delay delay
china now have 200+ j-10a soon j-10b will be enter services

Make sure what we are talking about, first!
its about FC-20 of PAF not PLAAF.
So avoid Flaming, bro.

dont worry dude, i have seen retractable refueling probe on j-10b and it is now flying in china.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

rafale's also have the same with rafale C and M models.

Dear Brother, when and where you see it? That's a good news.

well to be honest j-10 hasnt been delayed..pro gramme was scheduled to be in 2015 ..so it will be delayed when 2016 comes and we don't have them
Love to see J10B in PAF paint ASAP. FC-20 more probabaly is J-10b not J-10a, so it take sometime as to the test of WS-10B on J-10b complete.

With the rafale selected For MMRCA I was interested in comparing RBE2 AESA with the Chinese one
Problem being its very hard to get a figure reliable enough,so here is a post from another forum
Originally posted by obligatory
attachment.php

RBE2-AESA
Tradition i guess, french fighters comes with small radars, tho some raised concern at the time over nose being too small. (on Rafale)

Dassault claim that the passive and active arrays “are thus totally interchangeable, so that all French Rafales will have the capability to be equipped with an AESA”. Because there was no plan to increase the Rafale’s nose diameter, the new radar will occupy much the same volume as the present set, though some equipment will have to be removed or relocated. Some believe that the opportunity should have been taken to increase the diameter of Rafale’s nose to allow a larger diameter array to be fitted, and that the present 55-cm diameter array will be deficient in range compared to the AESA arrays in, or planned for the F-15, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and Typhoon.

Originally posted by houshanghai
some guys ( very reliable guys in cdf)disclosed.

j10b AESA will have 1200 T/R modules。J20 AESA will have 2200+ T/R modules.

So it looks like in terms of T/R modules J-10B's AESA is ahead...

Dassault website- AESA profile
Smart and discrete sensors

Rafale offered to India.....

and the figure in the post is from f-16 website and the guy who posted isn't an expert.

its time for PAF to re-assess the J-10 (FC-20) procurement plans.

Well well
The last time I remember asking about FC-20 to a reliable source was back in 2010 and all i got then from him was
"mamla thanda hai"
Lets take a look at what happened

-Rumors from CDF of PAF getting a J-10A with customized avionics

-Dubai 2011 a PAF officer said that "Our modernization plan includes the induction of a J-10 class platform" when the reporter asked the variant he said "ours will be based on the B model"

-When i posted this our very own brother Santro reported that instead of the the earlier plan of inducting the J-10A's PAF has now adopted a more "comprehensive plan"

-By the time where MMRCA winner was about to be announced Santro reported about the numbers of JF-17's being cut to 150 from the original 250.

So we can assume that "the comprehensive plan" included reducing the number of JF-17's to increase the number of FC-20's..

And the confirmation of that was given before ... by Sir Pshamim who said that the initial numbers were increased from 36 to 58.

its time for PAF to re-assess the J-10 (FC-20) procurement plans.

The problem is development stage and cost. J10A was offered to export customers like Bruma for example, for around $40 millions per unit. Now add PESA or AESA radar, new engines, structural changes and the new avionics and it will be more costly than a JF 17 block 2 or even 3 by then. So it might end up with the usual question, what is more important, quality (J10B) or quantity (JF 17 block 2 or 3s in higher numbers).
It's still not clear how capable J10B really will be, because there are hardly any reliable specs available, but it's defenitely a good fighter that won't be underestimated by IAF.

Well well
The last time I remember asking about FC-20 to a reliable source was back in 2010 and all i got then from him was
"mamla thanda hai"
Lets take a look at what happened

-Rumors from CDF of PAF getting a J-10A with customized avionics

-Dubai 2011 a PAF officer said that "Our modernization plan includes the induction of a J-10 class platform" when the reporter asked the variant he said "ours will be based on the B model"

-When i posted this our very own brother Santro reported that instead of the the earlier plan of inducting the J-10A's PAF has now adopted a more "comprehensive plan"

-By the time where MMRCA winner was about to be announced Santro reported about the numbers of JF-17's being cut to 150 from the original 250.

So we can assume that "the comprehensive plan" included reducing the number of JF-17's to increase the number of FC-20's..

And the confirmation of that was given before ... by Sir Pshamim who said that the initial numbers were increased from 36 to 58.

One question only, Why are you taking Santro that serious, He's a normal Folk like every one here. No body Exactly knows what PAF is planning. So better wait and see. Your question/point is QABAL AZ WAQT :P

Calm down guys

I am sure J-10B will be in the league of Rafale

bt EFT was a class apart fighter.I dont know in what circumstances indian MOD has chosen the Rafale.
just 4-5million i dont think so.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Calm down guys

bt EFT was a class apart fighter.I dont know in what circumstances indian MOD has chosen the Rafale.

PAF top command believes in a small but hard hitting force. JF-17's basic role was a timely & better replacement of A-5/F-7 and Mirage fleet, 150 is itself a big number which can't be met before 2020. Induction of FC-20 is related to decision of MMRCA, the threat perception has been there ever since IAF started this project. PAF did great by sitting back and modernizing its structure. Acquisition of BVRs (of both U.S and Chinese origion), procurement of IL-78 MRTT, Saab-2000 & ZD-03, Bk52s, MLU programme, JF-17 programme, Falco and other ISR platforms, replacement of FT-5, modernization of air defence and C4I systems are some major examples.

Now you can yourself think these all things require time and money both. To make PAF a lethal and hard hitting force, the first requirement was to remove aging fleet and train people on newer platforms...its more like a long answer to minimize the MMRCA threat.

The second answer is an indirect move to towards smaller and more lethal nuclear weapons. What extra advantage will MMRCA bring in a small/medium scale and non-contiguous battle space? Their is no answer to Nasr in such scenario.

The third answer will be acquisition of FC-20, the reason of so much delay is to allow IAF to make a move..while PAF restructures and re-equips itself before replying to it. PAF still has to decide its number...who know they get 3/4 squadrons.

Calm down guys

:D Somebody is either confused, or is playing games here.

congrats to india for choosing such a great machine

Rafale is way better than EFT and a true multi role fighter.

The second answer is an indirect move to towards smaller and more lethal nuclear weapons. What extra advantage will MMRCA bring in a small/medium scale and non-contiguous battle space? Their is no answer to Nasr in such scenario.
Nuclear weapons need to be factored OUT in the war plan. We have deterrence as India knows we have those physics packages, and will invent new tactics to work under the nuclear rubicon, and we should be prepared to counter those.

Nasr isn't PAF's weapon, let's leave it out too. I know all services will fight in a war, but PAF would do what PAF is designed to do, and firing ('shooting' in an airforce jargon!) a Nasr isn't part of that.

Back
Top Bottom