What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Brother, that might be a bit too optimistic. 136kn of thrust (if this is the reality today) with reliable performance is more than what you can ask from a WS10 in the coming 2 years. WS10 might reach 144kn after 2015, but now we have to look into a more feasible option because there is already a unbalance in the sky. If today the Chinese is able to provide J10Bs (even J10As) with reliable trust-worthy engines, I would say that's more than enough.

P.S. What is a WS10B? Are you guys referring WS10 which used on J10? I don't recall any significant improvements were done on the so called WS10B comparing to the WS10A on J11B. In fact, I would say they are almost the same except the position of the gear box.
WS10b is said to be the super engine trial for stealthy J 20.

I think it is more likely to install WS10A on FC-20. WS-10A is falling behind it's deadline so we use Af-31FN for J-10A. But now Ws-10A is ready for J10b, and it's reliable performance appreciated by PLAAF officer.

Appreciated or not, I don't think anyone can confirm that. However, this is what we can confirm: the first test flight of a WS10A installed J10B happened in August 31st last year. From then till now, only 5 months have passed. I think this type of test require at least one year or so of continuous test flight, don't you think? After the whole series test is done and the bird is finally ready for entering service, still it will take at least one year for manufacturing.
So the conclusion is clear, J10B with WS10A or its later variants won't happened before 2014, or 2013 if being optimistic. And if FC20 is to join PAF this year, it won't come with WS10A.

Ws-10B is a improved variant of Ws-10 engine series

with possible TVC

ws-10G is a variant with 155Kn thrust and Stealthy nozzel

Hmm...I have no knowledge about them. They might come to existence in near future, but I don't see them necessary. J10B with advanced avionics + reliable engines which can provide 137kn of thrust are sufficient. No doubt that it's better to have more thrust and even thrust vectoring capability, but the fact is that it costs more time and money and it is not a must have. The Indian love to have all kinds of fancy capabilities on their jets and are able to get it as long as they pay. Well that's not the case for the Chinese and the Pakistani, right? Time is never on our side and money don't always solve problems for us. So we have to be more practical.

A fleet with 150~200 JF17s (n blocks), 50 J10Bs, and 18 F16CD + several AEW or AWACS integrated into highly efficient command system (effective air warning and control system, high speed data link and so forth) are enough to scare off any intrusion from the air. After all, we are not trying to bomb the sh*t out of someone else, right?

Appreciated or not, I don't think anyone can confirm that. However, this is what we can confirm: the first test flight of a WS10A installed J10B happened in August 31st last year. From then till now, only 5 months have passed. I think this type of test require at least one year or so of continuous test flight, don't you think? After the whole series test is done and the bird is finally ready for entering service, still it will take at least one year for manufacturing.
So the conclusion is clear, J10B with WS10A or its later variants won't happened before 2014, or 2013 if being optimistic. And if FC20 is to join PAF this year, it won't come with WS10A.
If PLAAF induct J-10B in great number, it will take more time to deliver Fc20 with WS10a. WS10b is still too far away from realistic before 2015.

Btw what are these advanced avionics that you guys keep talking about?

To be honest, I have no clue. Anything that can provide more information of the target and shorter response time will serve the purpose. Perhaps AESA + better battle field awareness, if possible EODAS or something similar+ mission computer with high processing capability + more effective EW system and so forth.

and i have said this over 4-5 times in MMRCA thread
to collect more thanks :P

hahaha

Yeah I thought so, if you need that. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I have no clue. Anything that can provide more information of the target and shorter response time will serve the purpose. Perhaps AESA + better battle field awareness, if possible EODAS or something similar+ mission computer with high processing capability + more effective EW system and so forth.

Hi Nefory, you sounds very reasonable and since I couldn't get infos in the Chinese sections, can you provide some sources with reliable specs of J10B?

Much of it is just speculation so far, be it the engine thrust, be it emptyweight, materials, not to mention performance figures for avionics.

I am really curious to see this fighter and its specs once fully revealed - it seems to be very potent indeed if some members are to be believed, but some of the claims do sound exaggerated.

well still paf give no comments on rafael selection
Pakistan need to speed up the j-10b acquisition to counter radael
2nd tell the Chinese response on mmrca selection
last we lost 1 biggest arm supplier France

well still paf give no comments on rafael selection
Pakistan need to speed up the j-10b acquisition to counter radael
2nd tell the Chinese response on mmrca selection
last we lost 1 biggest arm supplier France

No sir
France arms market was as good as dead for pak

they refused JF-17 avionics(modified spectra)
its better they have nt opted for EFT otherwise they could have blocked us 3 countries arms market.
we have even stopped buying Al khalid main gun from them

we buy small arms from germany,electronics and UAV from italy,IRIS-t from germany

I saw the flight video of J10b, the tail flam color of WS10A is red, but the tail flam of J20 engine looks exactly blue. That prove WS10b exist for sure.

I saw the flight video of J10b, the tail flam color of WS10A is red, but the tail flam of J20 engine looks exactly blue. That prove WS10b exist for sure.

The colour of flame tells nothing.
The flame comes from your gas stove might very well be blue as well, it doesn't mean your gas stove is equal to a AL31. Yeah, the flame comes from the AB of an AL31 is blue. And in case you wanna know, the engines on J20 are AL31, not some mysterious WS10B.That I can bet on.

Hi Nefory, you sounds very reasonable and since I couldn't get infos in the Chinese sections, can you provide some sources with reliable specs of J10B?

Much of it is just speculation so far, be it the engine thrust, be it emptyweight, materials, not to mention performance figures for avionics.

I am as curious about the bird as you, but unfortunately I don't have any reliable source that can provided me solid information about this machine.

Back
Top Bottom