What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Honestly speaking my wish was that PAF have ordered the J-10/J-10S in 2004 instead of F-16 Block-52s and even didn't went for older F-16s Block-15s as there airframes have been pushed to their limits and we have received the money for the 28 planes in terms of soya bean oil/palm oil in 90s. So we only need to upgrade 31 F-16s like 10 in U.S and 21 in Turkey. 50-70 J-10/J-10S would make a serious difference and would be helpful in replacing some older mirages as well and now we can order some more 50-70 J-10B/J-10BS other the planed 300+ JF-17s.
I really wanted to know the cost of J-10/J-10S in 2004?

we need now join turkish 5th generation jet fighter program
as a alternative

Turkey has not own 5th gen program, they are buying F35 and might join S. Korea and at the end, the problem would be the same as joining China on a 5th gen program, the necessary budget for the development and to maintain such fighters. Don't underestimate the costs that operating stealth fighters will mean, many Indians do the same mistake by dreaming about a whole fleet of stealth fighters, but that's not going to happen. Even the US forces realised that now and we might see several cuts in the F35 procurement, because it simply will be too costly.
Just to compare it, USN stated that the single engine F35C will be 1.5 times costlier to operate than the twin engine F18 Hornets, it will replace!

The cost of J20 is around 70millions dollar per, too expensive for china itself as well. We are not expected the number in service will surpass 200.

What is the Turkish TFX then?

TFX (Turkey) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turkey has not own 5th gen program, they are buying F35 and might join S. Korea and at the end, the problem would be the same as joining China on a 5th gen program, the necessary budget for the development and to maintain such fighters. Don't underestimate the costs that operating stealth fighters will mean, many Indians do the same mistake by dreaming about a whole fleet of stealth fighters, but that's not going to happen. Even the US forces realised that now and we might see several cuts in the F35 procurement, because it simply will be too costly.
Just to compare it, USN stated that the single engine F35C will be 1.5 times costlier to operate than the twin engine F18 Hornets, it will replace!

Honestly speaking my wish was that PAF have ordered the J-10/J-10S in 2004 instead of F-16 Block-52s and even didn't went for older F-16s Block-15s as there airframes have been pushed to their limits and we have received the money for the 28 planes in terms of soya bean oil/palm oil in 90s. So we only need to upgrade 31 F-16s like 10 in U.S and 21 in Turkey. 50-70 J-10/J-10S would make a serious difference and would be helpful in replacing some older mirages as well and now we can order some more 50-70 J-10B/J-10BS other the planed 300+ JF-17s.

Sir,

Honestly speaking---your wish was wrong---blk 52 F16 in the current package is an extremely superior air craft in every sense---as well as all the mlu'd F16's----. Thank goodness that the air force did make the right decision at that time.

j-10 were not upto the mark in 2004..and f-16s were far superior..
however PAF was certain that in a few years it would be there fore it waited for j-10b

Back
Top Bottom