What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Hasnain,

In this day and age of technology----it is very easy to simulate and find the capabilities of an opponents aircraft by capable aeronautical engineers with the right computer programming. A higher calibre engineer can just look at the aircraft design and engine capacity and tell you what it can do within what parameters.

When we use the term 'lure somebody into doing something'----to me it cheapens the things---there is no luring from our side----as a matter of fact---we are being lured into spending more than what we can afford to----.

TVC is showboating and nothing more---it cannot out smart 21st century missiles.

Indeed, you cannot out turn missiles that can turn at 20Gs, but TVC might help with dog fights.....though it is a long time since we saw any.

India Pakistan air war would greatly depend on pre-emptive strikes and the one who can take out the fighters while they are still on ground.

Indeed, you cannot out turn missiles that can turn at 20Gs, but TVC might help with dog fights.....though it is a long time since we saw any.

India Pakistan air war would greatly depend on pre-emptive strikes and the one who can take out the fighters while they are still on ground.

I may plead your pardon but must say that though the success rate of a BVR missiles are excellent, they are not 100%. It is a misconception that just firing BVR is enough to shoot down the target bogey.

How successful a BVR will be depends on the distance between the two aircrafts and how manuveourable the target aircraft is. that is where the TVC comes. It allows the aircraft many more 2D maneuveres that can protect it from the incoming missile.

For combat pilots it is a great tool. But for others it may be just a toy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hasnain,

In this day and age of technology----it is very easy to simulate and find the capabilities of an opponents aircraft by capable aeronautical engineers with the right computer programming. A higher calibre engineer can just look at the aircraft design and engine capacity and tell you what it can do within what parameters.

When we use the term 'lure somebody into doing something'----to me it cheapens the things---there is no luring from our side----as a matter of fact---we are being lured into spending more than what we can afford to----.

TVC is showboating and nothing more---it cannot out smart 21st century missiles.

Khan Saheb, You are one of my most favorite posters here on this forum. I may not have any qualm with the political segment but last lines do not make any sense.

I may plead your pardon but must say that though the success rate of a BVR missiles are excellent, they are not 100%. It is a misconception that just firing BVR is enough to shoot down the target bogey.

How successful a BVR will be depends on the distance between the two aircrafts and how manuveourable the target aircraft is. that is where the TVC comes. It allows the aircraft many more 2D maneuveres that can protect it from the incoming missile.

For combat pilots it is a great tool. But for others it may be just a toy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Sir how likely it is for the target aircraft to outmaneuver a bvr missile once the target seeker locks on to the plane itself? The speed through which both aircrafts would be coming towards each other, is it safe to assume that each will get only one BVR shot before they lock on too WVR combat?

Sir how likely it is for the target aircraft to outmaneuver a bvr missile once the target seeker locks on to the plane itself? The speed through which both aircrafts would be coming towards each other, is it safe to assume that each will get only one BVR shot before they lock on too WVR combat?

There are ways to evade a missile which is locked on you. High "G" or crank turns is one maneuver that can be employed. This will cause the enemy missile to fly further and it may bleed out. You can also employ "F" pole maneuver. A good TVC engine will enhance maneuverability of your aircraft.

There are several aspects of the use of BVR. You try to avoid this kind of engagement in a crowd where it may kill one of your friends, 1 vs1 is a better chice. ROE will also also dictate type of engagements.

It is a very huge subject to discuss. ROEs will differ from situation to situation.

I think WVR combat will come in handy when the two air forces in question are closely matched with one another.

in onother thread i have seen that Pakistan's participation in research and development of J-10B
WHAT YOU GUYS THINKS ABOUT THIS ?

There are ways to evade a missile which is locked on you. High "G" or crank turns is one maneuver that can be employed. This will cause the enemy missile to fly further and it may bleed out. You can also employ "F" pole maneuver. A good TVC engine will enhance maneuverability of your aircraft.

There are several aspects of the use of BVR. You try to avoid this kind of engagement in a crowd where it may kill one of your friends, 1 vs1 is a better chice. ROE will also also dictate type of engagements.

It is a very huge subject to discuss. ROEs will differ from situation to situation.

Sir, does than mean, an adversary in numbers, will avoid BVRs when his mates are dispersed...

ONE CHINI BROTHER POSTED THIS ON OTHER THREAD

Pakistan's participation in research and development of J-10B
I just saw a message: Pakistan involved in the J-10B research and development.
Although I can not determine: but according to my guess, 80 percent of the possibility of Pakistani involvement of the J-10B research and development.
I have the following evidence:
1, JF-17 Pakistan has mastered all the production technology, and has produced more than its own aircraft JF-17.
2, according to the chief architect of China disclosed JF-17: The latest version of the JF-17 uses a lot of J-10's proven technology. It can be inferred: the latest version of the JF-17 will certainly be produced in Pakistan, then the J-10 technology will certainly be the development of personnel in Pakistan.
3, J-10B's first customer in Pakistan, this has been determined. Pakistan, a permanent working group in the CAC group.
4, the J-10B has been sold to Pakistan, the Pakistan Air Force is certainly full of stereotypes in the work of J-10B
5, according to the special relationship between Pakistan and China, J-10B likely future production in Pakistan, then Pakistan's participation in the development of J-10B is entirely possible.
Therefore, I believe this news is true.

Source: (see last paragraph)http://www.zgjunshi.com/Article/Clas...7130318_8.html

Pakistan's internal staff to add a message: (can confirm that Pakistan is indeed involved in the development of J-10B)

A few weeks ago, I showed the leaked pics to some PAF personal and they agreed that top brass of PAF has always known of this project and the pictures are indeed the J-20 . However, like all Pakistani acquisations, we are NOT interested in J-20 as it is. China is where the Stealth 5th generation MRCA will be bought from but that wont exactly be J-20.
The way PAF deals with and has always delath with Chinese manufacturers (JF-17s are exception) is that we let them present what they have.
Eaxmples: F-7MG --> F-7PG (Chinese couldnt come up with avionics so we bought it from theird party back when sun used to shine well in west for PAF)
For many reasons, including sales of J-10. Any plane operating with PAF is a free marketing for Chinese companies (I was so proud of it when an AVIC personal said it to me in the presence of PAF personal that the world trusts PAFs standards).
Chinese want to see J-10B in considerable number before even offering J-20. The money + interest of Chinese companies is in NOT offering Pakistan J-20 unless J-10B is flying with PAF in number.
My info on this is, Chinese clearly denied to do anything with J-10 unless the orders of F-16s are cut down. PAF did burn their boats after agreeing to it (I am glad they did. Thanks Allah for that) and sent thier team for a long tern partnership with China (Currently located in Chingdu). It was only after then that the Chinese let in PAF/PAC engineers tweak with J-10s and we saw the J-10B.
Time line for J-20 in small batch can easily be after 2016 and only then PAF might be invited to jump inThis

message was released in January, when, the Chinese J-20 just released soon.

Back
Top Bottom