What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Thanks Alzaeem,
Further confirmation that Pakistan is not getting an upgraded J-10A. The news by the insider seems to be wrong.

yes, its almost confirmed, the insider news , as you siad might have got it a bit wrong here.

ISLAMABAD:
Taking bilateral defence relations to a new high, China will give Pakistan a squadron of the advanced J-10B fighter aircraft, a media report said.

The offer was made by senior Chinese military leaders to visiting Pakistan Army's Chief of General Staff, Lt. Gen. Waheed Arshad, the Urdu daily Jang reported on Saturday, quoting defence sources.

The J-10B fighters are equipped with the latest weapons and Pakistan will be the first country, after China, to have these advanced aircraft, it said.
China to give squadron of J10-B fighters to Pakistan - Economic Times

also being reported at:
http://www.combataircraft.com/en/News/2011/08/01/China-Officially-Offers-J-10-Fighters-to-Pakistan/
regards!

Two Chinese People Liberation Army Air Force Chengdu J-10S flying in formation. The PLA/AF has ordered over 100 Chengdu J-10A. If the Pakistanis will pursue with their order they will be the first international operator of the J10. Photo PLA Air Force.
china is offering Pakistan a squadron of J-10B, the advanced multi-role, all-weather fighter aircraft. The official offer was presented to the Pakistan Army’s Chief of General Staff, Lt Gen Waheed Arshad, during a week long visit to Beijing. If such delivery takes place, Pakistan will be the first country, after China, to operate the J-10B, considered as one of China’s most advanced, operational combat aircraft. Pakistan and China have been negotiating the potential sale of Chengdu J-10 fighters for several years, with Pakistan seeking to acquire at least two squadrons of the aircraft. However, the newest B version, considered as comparable to the F-16 Block 50/52, surfaced for the first time last week.

Meanwhile the two countries are already underway in the local production of the Chinese designed JF-17, commonly known as ‘Thunder’. The aircraft is currently being produced in Pakistan and actively promoted for export in the world market.

The newest version of the aircraft designated J-10B made its first flight in 2009. The noticeable changes from the original J-10 are a new radome geometry reducing the radar signature of the aircraft, also contributing to this fighter’s stealth performance is the redesigned inlet, which also delivers higher massflow. Avionics compartments were also installed on the vertical tail and inboard pylons, probably containing various sensors and electronic countermeasures. A new electro-optical sensor turret, most likely an Infra-Red Search / Track (IRST) set has also been introduced. It is also assumed the new version is designed to be fitted with the more powerful engine and larger radar than those used on the J-10A version.

Chengdu J-10B, first flown in 2009 shows distinct modifications in the radome, air inlet, tail and wings. The aircraft is fitted with an IRST and is designed for a more powerful powerplant.

Cloud1018, Many are aware that I was part of the business development team for F-16s at General Dynamics Corporation but G.D> had no control of the decisions made by US Government. It was always a changing situation as to what would eventually be on the table until the last minute. General Dynamics was not permitted to decide what the client would get but the US Government whose decisions were dependent on congressional and defence department analysis.
In case of J-10B, AVIC is not making the decisions but the Chinese Government is based on its foreign policy compulsions.

I think nothing prevents AVIC from exporting J-10B but production capacity. If PAF wants to get 1st place in the waiting queue, probably some lobbyists are needed to convince Chinese government that for China's own interest J-10B should be delivered to PAF ASAP, which is doable IMHO.

That is what happens when you over depend upon somebody. We Pakistanis tend to forget that and need to understand that a Country such as China also has certain requirements and no country in the world will give preference to someone else over those requirements, why do we expect anything different from China. Now coming to the conclusion that Pakistan is indeed getting the A version, question arises.....why? If PAF wasn't satisfied back then when it was offered, what changed now.......avionics? I doubt it that it was only the avionics that made PAF go for block 52 instead of J-10. If we go by the news few years back J-10 A was as capable as an F-16 block 40? Do we really need a block 40 caliber thing in present times when the threats are ever evolving. If 2nd May is the bench mark that made us think as many members suggested, what do we think or does the PAF think that they can pull off from the J-10A against F-18, f-22?What chance does the J-10 have against rafale or typhoon? Or is it that as usual the nation to made to believe in fall sense of security.

Did not Russia Sold an upgraded version of SU 30 MKI to india, as for i know it was far more better version then the Russain was operationg itself ?

More positive News are changing my views ...... lets hope it turns out to be J-10B instead of A.
Because it is the only potential fighter that can counter SU-30MKI and MMRCA Winner, while J-10A is lacking such capabilities. If we got J-10A that means we have done nothing for MKI ...

even if J10A is equal to blk40, my personal choice would be j10A any day. because we don't have money to waste on F16s.

I think China is trying to convince Pakistan it can offer what the USA provided by offering J-10B and even given them the priority to acquire. It might be an attempt to make PAF drop the idea to get more inferior Blk 52. They want PAF to have an all Chinese hardware.

I think China is trying to convince Pakistan it can offer what the USA provided by offering J-10B and even given them the priority to acquire. It might be an attempt to make PAF drop the idea to get more inferior Blk 52. They want PAF to have an all Chinese hardware.

and the F-16 do get fropped due to this, i do ot have words to thank china!!
it will be great for Pakistan to stick to J-10B option and cut the F-16z!

SLAMABAD: Taking bilateral defence relations to a new high, China will give Pakistan a squadron of the advanced J-10B fighter aircraft, a media report said.

The offer was made by senior Chinese military leaders to visiting Pakistan Army's Chief of General Staff, Lt. Gen. Waheed Arshad, the Urdu daily Jang reported on Saturday, quoting defence sources.

The J-10B fighters are equipped with the latest weapons and Pakistan will be the first country, after China, to have these advanced aircraft, it said.

it,s the news of 30th july.... from where has come j-10a now

I am really feeling sad , its disgusting to get old technology. no place for j-10A.................

perhaps you didnt read the last few posts,(last two pages), atleast look at the posts on this page above your post.
the J-10A is long gone. many sources have confirmed that it will be J-10B

China Officially Offers J-10 Fighters to Pakistan

China is offering Pakistan a squadron of J-10B, the advanced multi-role, all-weather fighter aircraft. The official offer was presented to the Pakistan Army’s Chief of General Staff, Lt Gen Waheed Arshad, during a week long visit to Beijing. If such delivery takes place, Pakistan will be the first country, after China, to operate the J-10B, considered as one of China’s most advanced, operational combat aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom