What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

initial order for 36 between 2014-2015
more orders to follow, final number could be up to 150 FC-20

Lookz like a pretty formidable number ..Alhamdolillah.....:)

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

i have only one concern why the hell 2014 for this simple order?>\

Looks like Ghaddariz politics involved......:what:

i have only one concern why the hell 2014 for this simple order?>\

good things come to those who wait :agree:

The reason for it taking so long is that it will come with lots of goodies, recently produced by China.
AESA, IRST, DSI, SD-10B, RAM coating, Newer ECM/EW suite + KG-300G.
It will be a damn good 4.5 gen fighter

According to my knowledge, the last time I researched for it, the initial order is of 36. The second order was of 36. So minimum of a 72.
I dont think we may acquire more.

According to my knowledge, the last time I researched for it, the initial order is of 36. The second order was of 36. So minimum of a 72.

depends on alot of factors... such as Indian MMRCA, JF-17 block II and III (if it lives up to it's potential or surpasses it), state of our economy, WOT and our defence budget.

I think 72 of these beasts would pack quite a punch.

depends on alot of factors... such as Indian MMRCA, JF-17 block II and III (if it lives up to it's potential or surpasses it), state of our economy, WOT and our defence budget.

I think 72 of these beasts would pack quite a punch.

Inside news also tellme that J-11s are being considered. So its around 72 for now. If Block II of JF-T is a huge success (InShaAllah will be), then we might try something else.

|People
We have a running thread on FC20 .Why do we need a second thread to sask a simple question of numbers.
MODS please merge this thread with the running thread on FC20.
On that forum you will finds the answerr to your post.
Araz

I hope we get at least 100 of them if possible...Insha-Allah......:cheesy:

Quoted from Pshamim

I can say with certainity that number of FC-20s have been increased to 58 from 46. Will provide PAF an additional squadron. But I am certain the numbermay increase further. A recent news I posted about transfer of technology to Pakistan will make sense if PAF intends to go for larger numbers.

if PAF buys more fc20's that means less number of jf17!!! or PAF might want to increase its size!

J-10B Gets AESA
Posted by Bill Sweetman at 6/14/2011 7:07 AM CDT
New Chinese internet images appear to show what has been suspected for some time: The new J-10B version of Chengdu's canard fighter is fitted with an electronically scanned array radar. It could be a Rafale-type passive ESA, but that's improbable in 2011 -- it is more likely an active ESA, its development quite likely aided by China's massive campaign of cyberespionage.

J-10B Gets AESA

The J-10B is interesting because it represents a major block change to what is itself a relatively new design. The most visible change is the diverterless supersonic inlet -- a feature that is usually associated with front-sector radar cross-section reduction. (The DSI was originally developed for an improved F-16 design.) In the J-10B's case, it may also be a less costly and less noisy alternative to the strut-braced mixed-compression ramp on the original design -- but the latest J-10B photos also show the telltale tint of a metallic-treated canopy.

Other changes include what appears to be a new electronic warfare system with larger antennas in underwing fairings and a fin-tip housing, and a missile approach/launch warning system. A standard J-10 has also been seen with twin-rail launchers for PL-12 missiles.

please refrain from adding news which have already been discussed....

if PAF buys more fc20's that means less number of jf17!!! or PAF might want to increase its size!
FC-20 and JFT are complements rather than substitutes. So having larger FC-20 fleet is independent from JFT procurement plan. JFTs will be inducted as per schedule.

Back
Top Bottom