What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

On wikipedia it states that PAF wants 150 of of them,Can somebody please confirm it for me?

Wikipedia is a tricky kind of source , The info on wikipedia can prove to be true on one day and to be fabricated on another day, coz it can be edited by anyone , but this 150 numbers rumor is flying around for so long , Sources assure that the number of Fc-20 will be increased as the TOT is taking place ,so that makes sense , but nobody as of yet can confirm this 150 numbers mark, all you can hear are rumors ,but which rumor can hit the point no one knows

PAF is trying to get more F16 Block 52 on the other hand they r also considering FC 20 in case US not approve paf request they will increase FC 20 numbers. But i think PAF should get out of F16 fobia as no one knows abt when USA impose sanctions on us.

150fc20's+250jf17's+approx 100f16+some j20's maybe oh my!!! i hope my wish come true!!
520 maybe size increased i hope so by the way its not easy to edit in wikipedia !! so could be serios info of 150 fc20's

PAF is trying to get more F16 Block 52 on the other hand they r also considering FC 20 in case US not approve paf request they will increase FC 20 numbers. But i think PAF should get out of F16 fobia as no one knows abt when USA impose sanctions on us.
F-16 has one thing that FC-20 does not, more than 3 decades of reliability and combat effectiveness. No wonder many air forces still prefer falcons to be their wings. FC-20 will mature in due course. FC-20 may have a technological edge over falcon, but falcon remains a time and battle hardened platform

Quoted from Pshamim

Mani my friend, we should not use Pshamim, Eaglehannan or Munir as source but Rookh aka Adnan2k as one reliable source... Just read that after being banned on Pakdef he was here screaming like a little child towards the mod of Pakdef and now he is screaming like a little girl on Munir and Pakdef on Keymags. We do not need knowledge or respect but we should believe Adnan. I think you do understand that this is sarcastic cause most info posted ever on Pakdef turns out to be either the truth or very near to the truth. But I do read every post everywhere so it is getting interesting... Even if there is no bases of anything and it is just time consuming. Keep up the good work. Read your posts frequently here.

Ok my first post. I'm eagerly waiting for our FC-20 to show up. But I had a question, both FC-20 and JFT (Block 2) are rumoured to have AESA, IRST and everything similar SO the only difference will be range and payload?

Ok my first post. I'm eagerly waiting for our FC-20 to show up. But I had a question, both FC-20 and JFT (Block 2) are rumoured to have AESA, IRST and everything similar SO the only difference will be range and payload?

Since the nose size seems to be different (we should Adnan whether it is same or not) we can say that the dish size is different so the range of the radar is different. Also the penalty of more or bigger sensors on J10B is less compared to the lighter JF17.

Since the nose size seems to be different (we should Adnan whether it is same or not) we can say that the dish size is different so the range of the radar is different. Also the penalty of more or bigger sensors on J10B is less compared to the lighter JF17.

Ofcourse that is implied that FC-20 radar will have longer range and better sensors due to more room but its almost like saying FC-20 is a bigger JFT? Both are manoeuvrable and have same weapons. Only range and payload is smaller in Thunder.
Also I wanted to know how much will the usage of composite materials increase T/W ratios of both aircrafts?

Ofcourse that is implied that FC-20 radar will have longer range and better sensors due to more room but its almost like saying FC-20 is a bigger JFT? Both are manoeuvrable and have same weapons. Only range and payload is smaller in Thunder.
Also I wanted to know how much will the usage of composite materials increase T/W ratios of both aircrafts?

Personally I think the delta is much more suited for weigh reduction (simple big wings and more power compared to weight). To make a light plane lighter is simply asking for almost impossible task. Asking to make an heavy plane lighter is a bit easier. There is so much to do.

Mani my friend, we should not use Pshamim, Eaglehannan or Munir as source but Rookh aka Adnan2k as one reliable source... Just read that after being banned on Pakdef he was here screaming like a little child towards the mod of Pakdef and now he is screaming like a little girl on Munir and Pakdef on Keymags. We do not need knowledge or respect but we should believe Adnan. I think you do understand that this is sarcastic cause most info posted ever on Pakdef turns out to be either the truth or very near to the truth. But I do read every post everywhere so it is getting interesting... Even if there is no bases of anything and it is just time consuming. Keep up the good work. Read your posts frequently here.

hahah lol you seem to be really pissed of that guy haha , lol hota ha

N BTW thx man

Delta wings are more suitable for high altitudes where as conventional wings are more suited to lower altitudes , so FC-20 being a delta wing will fullfill the higher altitude needs of PAF while jf-17 will be used for relatively lower altitudes , Also FC-20 can carry more weapon loads than jf-17 and also has more combat radius , bigger nose of FC-20 can accommodate a bigger radar thus more range , more advance avionics and so on

F-16's, F-15's and F-18's have many weapons in common so will you say that f-18 is the bigger f-16 and f-15 is the bigger f-18?

Delta wings are more suitable for high altitudes where as conventional wings are more suited to lower altitudes , so FC-20 being a delta wing will fullfill the higher altitude needs of PAF while jf-17 will be used for relatively lower altitudes , Also FC-20 can carry more weapon loads than jf-17 and also has more combat radius , bigger nose of FC-20 can accommodate a bigger radar thus more range , more advance avionics and so on

F-16's, F-15's and F-18's have many weapons in common so will you say that f-18 is the bigger f-16 and f-15 is the bigger f-18?

I stand corrected. Both being MR will complement each others role... Actually I wasn't critical of FC20, I was more like pleased with the great enhancements Thunder is getting. :)

I have seen the pics for Navalized J-10 known as J-10AH (???) will post them soon as pic loading is blocked from my office

sorry,sir, Perhaps I am wrong,j10c is existed again.
today,pupu said cac are developing j10c and v-head jft now。imo,the new j10c(pupu said) maybe a silent j10.time prove his word.

link;
cf

google translate

http://translate.google.com/transla...=viewthread&tid=1175227&page=6&authorid=31490

another cdf link about j10c

http://translate.google.com/transla...u=http://lt.cjdby.net/thread-1175986-1-1.html

video ;cac 29.June

近距拍æ¼20试飞地 æ¼10战机在机库静候 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

Back
Top Bottom