What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

inf from cdf

µÚÒ»´Î¼û¹÷×ÓʹÓø´ºÏ¹Ò¼Ü´ø4öPL12·ÉÐÐ - ¿Õ¾ü°æ - ³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ -

Google Translate

J-10 load with 4 PL-12 (sd10) training missiles
10-06-10.jpg

10-06-11.jpg

No no no broo .... i do believe about J-10's Multiple Missile rail but you said that for Jf-17
jf17's composite rack exhibited in zhuhai airshow

181143ssxmueuesmqmn0kh.jpg

No no no broo .... i do believe about J-10's Multiple Missile rail but you said that for Jf-17

yeah! the pic is jf17‘s composite rack model on display in zhuhai airshow . but the reference is chinese link and must be registered member can see

In addition I think their Multiple Missile rack are the same .

IIRC, i said JFT will have MER for multiple BVR missiles many months ago as i was told by someone involved in the process. It was a requirement and will be there for sure in JFT as i have no reason to believe why not.

Wonder if the fc-20's will be in grey PAF schme?

FC-20 will come with chinese or Russian Engines?

waiting for some updates on procurement schedual!

i hope the J-10B or FC-20, whatever PAF is looking for do gets inducted around 2013~2014

any news on rcent developments,

which phase these are in and when PAF is hoping to get there hands on to this machine.

also are the specs still under warps or something authentic is know about the radar, EW suite and engines?

(Joining back after a long break and looking forward to refresh my knowledge)

Arsalan Aslam

any news on rcent developments,

which phase these are in and when PAF is hoping to get there hands on to this machine.

also are the specs still under warps or something authentic is know about the radar, EW suite and engines?

(Joining back after a long break and looking forward to refresh my knowledge)

Arsalan Aslam

FC-20 remains on the back burner AFAIK. PAF is committing itself to JF-17 for the time being.

FC-20 remains on the back burner AFAIK. PAF is committing itself to JF-17 for the time being.

goog enogh, provided that the BLK-II is what we have discussed it to me.
more use of composities, better engine,IRST, retrackable refueling probes perhaps an AESA and more payload.

i dont think this is the case to be..:bad:

I'm having a strong hunch that, we are going to see Russian engine on FC-20. because of recent Pakistani Russian high level interactions and changes in geo political situations.

J-10B fighter’s radar
Mychinanet - Published Time:2011-06-06 22:39 Tags:J-10B Source:My China Net
Recently, a few photos of J-10B fighter’s radar array in Chinese websites exposed. Users analysis think that the pictures shows the J-10B’s radar is a passive phased array radar (PESA). PESA radar usually the middle of a row or rows of IFF antenna. The Active Phased Array Radar (AESA) has not yet seen the middle of this line is a flat surface without protrusion, so some users believe that the yellow radar map the surface of the black dots array for the IFF actual antenna, which fire control radar is to determine whether to adopt active phased array main indicator of high-tech.

Ordinary radar beam scanning by the radar antenna rotation is achieved, also known as mechanical scanning radar.
The power phased array radar is a way to control changes in the radar beam point scanning, this approach is known as electronic scanning. Phased array radar, radar though not as dependent as other rotating antenna to make the radar beam rotation, but it is their own "trick", that is using the "phase shifter" to turn the radar beam. Phased array radar antenna is a large number of radiators (small antenna) array consisting of (square, triangle, etc.), radiator varies from several hundred to as many as several thousand, even thousands, of each radiator are connected to the back of a controllable phase shifter, each phase shifter controlled by the computer. When the search for long-range phased array radar target, although do not see the antenna rotation, but tens of thousands of radiators controlled by computer focus fired in one direction, deflection, even thousands of meters away on the intercontinental missile and several thousands of meters satellite, can not escape its "eyes." If the goal is to deal with more recent of these emitters and can share the responsibility, produce multiple beams, some search, some track, and some guidance. It is this radar abandon the general principle of the radar antenna, it gave it a different name — phased array radar, that "the phase to control the antenna array" means.
Phased array radar is divided into active (active) and passive (passive) categories. In fact, active and passive phased array radar antenna array the same, the main difference between the two is the transmit / receive element number. Passive phased array radar is only one central transmitter and a receiver, transmitter, high frequency energy generated by the computer automatically assigned to each radiator array, the target reflected signal amplified by the receiver uniform (unlike ordinary radar not very different). Active Phased Array Radar for each radiator is equipped with a transmitter / receiver module, each component can generate their own, receiving electromagnetic waves, and therefore bandwidth, signal processing and redundancy degree of the design than the passive phased array radar has a larger advantage. Because of this, it makes the active phased array radar, expensive and engineering more difficult. But the active phased array radar has unique advantages in functionality, a great passive phased array radar replaces the trend.
Active Phased Array Radar biggest difficulty lies in transmit / receive components manufacturing, relatively speaking, passive phased array radar is much less technical difficulty. Passive phased array radar in power, efficiency, beam control and reliability, as active phased array radar, but the functionality is obviously better than the ordinary mechanical scanning radar, after all, a good compromise. Therefore developed a practical active phased array radar, before completely passive phased array radar as a transitional product. Moreover, even if the active phased array radar, developed after the passive phased array radar, phased array radar as a family of low-end products, still has great practical value.
The mainstream of the world have installed a new fighter AESA phased array radar, the installation of new radar to have greater combat aircraft upgrade. Let us look at the world’s major aircraft phased array radar it.
F-35′s APG-81 AESA radar front smaller and only has 1,200 transmit / receive modules, the other, APG-77 power (said to 16.4KW) to be much larger than the APG-81, so. F-22A aerial target radar detection range for the F-35 is far more than about 1 / 3. APG 81 has the advantage of a work on the model, its mapping synthetic aperture radar (SAR) / ground moving target indication (GMTI) / moving target indicator capability at sea-surface / air-sea mode and more than performance on APG a 77. APG-81 An important feature is to have the same time mapping synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and ground moving target indicator (GMTI) capacity, although its detection range against air targets far less than the F-22A, but a 81 APG target detection capability of the air is far stronger than the F / A 18 series and a series of F-16 fighter jets airborne pulse Doppler radar.
APG-81 in the work mode of the advantage is not absolute, it was reported: The United States is being upgraded by replacing radar radar modules and software approach, working on F-22A’s APG-77 radar performance upgrades, and soon after upgrade After the APG-77 radar performance under various operating modes will be more powerful, relatively speaking, APG-81 radar upgrade the performance space is very small, the first F-35 nose radome of the size of already small, and the APG -81 radar and EOTS system also share the already crowded head space, followed by the APG 81 radar by a power supply and cooling system of its limitations, so. Hard on the APG-81 radar further hardware upgrade.
In addition, F-35′s APG-81 radar, both in cost and weight of the F-22 is one half of their working life and is expected to reach 8,000 hours of life consistent with the aircraft, that is not in the whole life cycle replacement of the radar. In these areas, APG-81 radar obvious advantages, but the replacement of some of the radar module 77 after the APG a radar will significantly reduce weight and cost, work life expectancy.

Back
Top Bottom