What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Nops, it does not has any wing tip rails.

It has 11 hard points, 3 under each wing and 5 under the fuselage belly.

The picture in Wangrong's post is of a fully loaded J-10, all 6 hardpoints under the wings loaded, as well as the 5 hardpoints under the main body are also loaded.

47f46f02b56df208bd2151c3ebb250ec.jpg

going through the pic posted by danger zone I have noticed that the nose cone of FC-20 is smaller as compared to that of j-10a/b/x. And aesa radar perhaps requires a larger nose so how is this design credible?

Secondly Black Blood, you have pointed aesa just under the cockpit , is that the location of radars :~( ?

But how realistic is that load in modern times? I have big doubts that PLAAF would send out J10s with dumb bombs for strike missions and if so, only the wing stations would be useful for PGMs.
The front fuselage stations are for pods mainly (targeting, recon...), the centerline for fuel tank, or heavy weapons, not sure what weapon really can be installed on the rear stations. That means wingtip stations for SR missiles would make more stations free for PGMs, or heavy weapons.
Do you have any source/graphic like this that shows what load (in Kg, or t) each station can carry?

lcaweapup8.jpg

Would be interesting in regard of weapon loads, also can you tell me what kind of fuel tanks the J10 carries, I mean with how much fuel?

i have heard that the russian government has threatened china not to sell the new j-11 (derivative of the su-27 flanker) to pakistan..!

going through the pic posted by danger zone I have noticed that the nose cone of FC-20 is smaller as compared to that of j-10a/b/x. And aesa radar perhaps requires a larger nose so how is this design credible?

Secondly Black Blood, you have pointed aesa just under the cockpit , is that the location of radars :~( ?

well the j-10 is actually smaller in size.. :thinktank:

Back
Top Bottom