What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

How many of j 10 did pakistan order? And when will it enter service?

PAF have alredy order a first batch of 36 with more orders to follow taking the numbers to aroubd 75.
the initial requirment of PAF has been of five squadrons of FC-20 with first 36 ordered..

regards!

2 Seats :what:

257769b840.jpg

yeah PAF also flies Falcon B which acts like a fighter cum trainer for new pilots
Thats what i am pointing. Its not J10...The upper pic...Looks like Falcon, The intake and also seems CFTs are installed. But then again is that IRST on Falcon??

Thats what i am pointing. Its not J10...The upper pic...Looks like Falcon, The intake and also seems CFTs are installed. But then again is that IRST on Falcon??

Yup..
probably a prototype for the block 60.. although that is not an IRST in a true sense... more of a built in FLIR.

The J-10B has no two seater.. and probably by the looks of it.. wont have one..unless the PAF asks for one.
pilots will be trained on existing J-10BS's (i hate these chinese designations.. what was wrong with ABC?)

Last edited:
PAF ordered 36 J-10B (2 squadron) fighters few years back. As per the news details, they are supposed to join PAF in 2014-15.

Yes !!

I was also talking about the proportions. If you see any other fighter say F-16 or F-18, they looks fairly balanced. I am sure J-10 is a potent aircraft but I don't like its long look.

cheers

Do u know what is the length of PAK FA?
Its 20m, it looks more unbalanced;

sukhoi_pak_fa.jpg

image.aspx

Do u know what is the length of PAK FA?
Its 20m, it looks more unbalanced;

sukhoi_pak_fa.jpg

image.aspx

Guys, how come just 1-2 mt difference in length make any aircraft unbalanced. There are so many other laws applied while designing an fighter aircraft. Do you think Sukhoi which is manufacturing fighter aircrafts from decade they are developing an unbalanced aircraft because its 20 mts long. BTW F-22 raptor is around 19 mt long. Will this logic will apply for F-22 also ??

What does length have to do with unbalanced..
I surprised most of you who otherwise seem fairly knowledgeable are using the length of the jet to judge it.
The F-104 was one of the most ill proportioned looking fighters out there.. long slim body.. small thin razor sharp wings.. but it was good at what it did.
On the other hand.. look at the northdrop wings.. by all means they should be rolling end over end.. yet they arent.
Aircraft are designed using a lot more factors then length..
Any one want to know about the length of the SR-71?..

The T-50 is more wing and less fuselage.. blended wings, contoured fuselage .. all give the jet maximum lift area.
in fact the way its shaped in the nose probably generates a little lift.
Concurrently.. the J-10's shape is well suited for a high instantaneous rate..
And Im quite sure the designers did not look at it and think "hey thats too long.. it looks bad for feng shui.. ".

Wow..the stuff u guys come up with. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom