What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

ravolution..correction the above post that you quote is by penumbra, not MK.

what statage does the paf have to counter the su-30mkI:sniper::sniper::sniper:

I think viable option for PAF is to get good SAMs (S-300 & PAC-3 level) to counter + some light weight fighters since heavy air dominance fighters not available to PAF as of now (F-15 & Su-27 series). Even modern Chinese multi role fighters like j-10 is not enough.(As china buys Su-30 MKKs for this purpose, not producing more J-10s)
Even s-300 class SAMs are costly too. probably can get reverse engineering copy of s-300 from china.

Still, Su-30s+MMRCA is too hard to handle

In a defensive role, a 100 odd F-16 Block 52+ and MLU can give MKIs a good run for their money.
very true, a good fighter is a good fighter only when handled by a good pilot.

Wars are not own just by planes, its the over all effort.

I think viable option for PAF is to get good SAMs (S-300 & PAC-3 level) to counter + some light weight fighters since heavy air dominance fighters not available to PAF as of now (F-15 & Su-27 series). Even modern Chinese multi role fighters like j-10 is not enough.(As china buys Su-30 MKKs for this purpose, not producing more J-10s)
Even s-300 class SAMs are costly too. probably can get reverse engineering copy of s-300 from china.

Actually, it's the other way around - China is no longer buying MKK/MKK2 but developing J-10B and J-11B.

Why do you have to make every thread into J-10 vs JF-17 vs Su30 thread?

I think it's to early to say that MKI's are better than j-10b (fc-20).
IMO, if the j-10b gets a long range AESA radar, a modern EW site and IRST it would be close to a 4.5 gen fighter.

I think it's to early to say that MKI's are better than j-10b (fc-20).
IMO, if the j-10b gets a long range AESA radar, a modern EW site and IRST it would be close to a 4.5 gen fighter.

I think IRST was confirmed but the AESA radar hasn't been confirmed but was speculated from the shape of J-10b's nose cone. The fact that the official Chinese media refuses to even acknowledge the existence of J-10b, despite the existence of numerous images, is extremely irritating to military fans :frown:.

By the time the Chinese media finally confirms that there are 4 squadrons of J-10b in service and that they all had electronically scanned radars we'd probably be speculating about the authentic J-XX image...

very true, a good fighter is a good fighter only when handled by a good pilot.

Wars are not own just by planes, its the over all effort.

Agreed and those so called good pilots we have my friend.:coffee:

Last edited:
Actually, it's the other way around - China is no longer buying MKK/MKK2 but developing J-10B and J-11B.

That's the point, develop Russian technology into a copy of similar performance or improve it. And they have a long history of it.

IAF uses russian raw tech + western tech
dats enough to counter chinese reverse engineered stuff

IAF uses russian raw tech + western tech
dats enough to counter chinese reverse engineered stuff

What about self-sufficiency? If you buy foreign planes/missiles you are entirely dependent upon them in times of war. What if Russia, for one reason or another, decided to sanction you?

Back
Top Bottom