What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Yeah! I dont know.... J-7 is also named as skybolt....I haven't even heard the NATO designation for JFT...AFA my guess J-11's designation is flanker B ryt?

Indiarox is right. The NATO dsignation for all variations of J-11, as far as I know, is just Flanker. Perhaps they are running out of ideas for names that start with F :rofl::rofl:.

Indiarox is right. The NATO dsignation for all variations of J-11, as far as I know, is just Flanker. Perhaps they are running out of ideas for names that start with F :rofl::rofl:.

But nothing much they can do, they can't give a new name to improved variant say F-16 Blocks and F-15 and 18 Varients ...."super" is a good addition IMHO :lol:

I think Whole SU series is generally called Flanker...SU-35 is specifically called Super Flanker and Su-37 is named a terminator

The Flanker thing caught on after the T-10 was launched and the 27,30 30MKI are all highly modified spin-offs of the T-10and hence the Name Flanker.All air craft built by Sukhoi after it built were derivatives of the T-10.

The only exception is the S-37(Su-47) which was a test bed for the T-50 series of Aircraft and hence it got a different name.

Su-35 is said to be the latest most advanced and Last of the T-10 series hence it is referred to as the "Super flanker "or "The Last Flanker"

The Flanker thing caught on after the T-10 was launched and the 27,30 30MKI are all highly modified spin-offs of the T-10and hence the Name Flanker.All air craft built by Sukhoi after it built were derivatives of the T-10.

The only exception is the S-37(Su-47) which was a test bed for the T-50 series of Aircraft and hence it got a different name.

Su-35 is said to be the latest most advanced and Last of the T-10 series hence it is referred to as the "Super flanker "or "The Last Flanker"

I was referring to SU-37 which was a derivative of SU-35 referred to as Terminator

Sorry for going off topic let me try to remedy that with some pictures of J-10's manufacturing facility.

2010_8_20_48910_11648910.jpg

2010_8_20_48911_11648911.jpg

2010_8_20_48912_11648912.jpg

2010_8_20_48913_11648913.jpg

2010_8_20_48914_11648914.jpg

2010_8_20_48921_11648921.jpg

2010_8_20_48922_11648922.jpg

Hi,

Indian mindset is of air dominance and air superiority---and that is what reflects in their equipment---the su 30. Once you have those systems in place---to counter it---anything less than that doesnot work.

The counter effect doesnot have to match in numbers---one on one---but in substance and material---whereas the opponent has 120 aircraft on their side---on our side---we can do very well with 36 to 48 aircraft. We can't match them in numbers---we don't need to match them in numbers.

War is more of a psychological game and the weapons systems and air dominance fighters of today have really taken it to a diiferent level.

The AIR DOMINANCE FGHTER is not a fighter of the old---it is not the fighter that our grand daddy grew up with. True to its name---it is what it says. It is meant for air superiority---that is what its job is---that is what it is designed for---and in the end that is what it will deliver.

Now where inida has gone onto the right in your face large---massive---aggressive kind of aircraft---pak still wants to stay with sleek---slender---tactical---easy to operate and easy to maintain kind of aircrafts. Two air forces---right next to each other---two different kind of aircrafts for air superiority and each one of them defines an image as to how they would get into the battlefield.

I would like to point one thing out...

SU30 might be India's Air superiority fighter it certainly isn't for the rest of the world.

SU30's main advantage might be it's long range Radar, which unless Indians prove in Red Flag or Green Flag, we still can't say anything as it is not combat proven.

With the advent of the APG 68 v9 on most PAF f-16s, with ranges greater than 250km, i don't see how SU30 can still retain that untested edge.

Lastly, we will have Patrolling AWACs and a plane like SU30 would light up the radar screen from way long distance and too easily, not to mention the exact type of weapons it is carrying.

SU30 might be India's Air superiority fighter it certainly isn't for the rest of the world.

SU30's main advantage might be it's long range Radar, which unless Indians prove in Red Flag or Green Flag, we still can't say anything as it is not combat proven.

With the advent of the APG 68 v9 on most PAF f-16s, with ranges greater than 250km, i don't see how SU30 can still retain that untested edge.

Hi,

Radar is just a small part of the problem---the real problems are hanging under the wings and are 8 in number.

If you want to overcome the enemy---then fear its power---that would force you to prepare better to confront the threat.

Hi,

Radar is just a small part of the problem---the real problems are hanging under the wings and are 8 in number.

If you want to overcome the enemy---then fear its power---that would force you to prepare better to confront the threat.

True, but in cost of one SU30MKI PAF can have two JF-17s.

As i said, even if SU30 are on strike, PAF can scramble JF-17s which has really low RCS. Plus they can always switch their radar off and get vectored by AWACs or Ground controllers.....and find the SU30.....the thing is that for one SU30 we can have two JF17s.

Out running and out beating two jf-17s is going to be really tough for one SU30....

Back
Top Bottom