What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

The J-10C carrier-based fighter performance parameters estimated to be: the captain 14.57 meters, wingspan of 8.78 meters, height: 5.3 meters, sweep angle 50-52 degrees, the wing area of 38 square meters, vertical tail area of 8.4 square meters, thrust of 152 kN.

Takeoff and landing roll distance: less than 50 meters

High altitude of the maximum speed: 2.0 Mach

Low maximum speed: 1.2 Mach (1473 km / h)

Maximum ceiling: 18,000 meters

Combat radius: 1,300 km

Maximum range: 3,000 km

Maximum Takeoff Weight: 18.27 thousand kilograms, 6000 kilograms load of bombs, thrust-weight ratio greater than 1.1.

Plug-in 11 (5 under the fuselage, each wing the next three), the largest external fuel tanks 4100 liters (1500 × 2,1100 × 1)

These data indicate that J-10C carrier-based and J-10 package type is almost identical, but thrust from 122 kN to 152 kN, roll distances have been shortened to 50 meters only. Like with the J-10, J-10C carrier-based addition to maintaining the normal level flight, there are enough thrust to meet the needs of the implementation of a variety of motor actions, so that the level of acceleration, climbing, circling, etc. have a larger performance increase, even in the air combat mode effortlessly vertically upwards.

J-10C will be equipped with a weapons system operator is responsible for precision strikes, J-10C can carry more than 4 tons of ammunition, but also equipped with a goal of launching precision-guided munitions pod instructions. This aircraft will probably have ground attack capability.

:pakistan::china:

Related link: Google interactive J-10C by 81 Army Soul

sometime i simple hate this policy of Chines to keep all specs of military hardwares under thinck cover sheets.
i mean, look we are going for the FC-20, we should know about its realy abilities, we should be able to talk about it and be proud of it...
for this i sometime really Hate the PAF and Chines policies of keeping it silent!
but
most of the time i simply love them for this,
WoW, what a way to do things,
just keep it "SiLiEnT"
:china: :pakistan:
:smitten:

regards!

There is nothing uncommon to keep things secrets as it is their major policy to keep things under doubt until they get major appearance. If you are really willing to have some specification of J-10 then you need to study fighter jets of its class, I mean F-16, Lavi as well as Mig-29. Then only you will get some meaningful info about J-10

There is nothing uncommon to keep things secrets as it is their major policy to keep things under doubt until they get major appearance. If you are really willing to have some specification of J-10 then you need to study fighter jets of its class, I mean F-16, Lavi as well as Mig-29. Then only you will get some meaningful info about J-10

Okey F-16 makes sense.....but lavi and Mig-29????.....its you IMHO who seriously need some study.....J-10 in structure and mission capabilities should be compared to Grippen, Typhoon and Rafale which ecompas similar roles and structure

here is a detailed discussion....I would appreciate a Chinese bro translate it more accurately
Improved version of SU-30MKI VS J-10B

sunli1217 on 2009-8-21 00:46: All the Western media on the Su-30MKI have a high rating. 。 . 。 .

I stand mountain high:

When a high rating? In addition to the Comedy of the F-22 MKI overwhelming outside investigation? Redflag in Laomi the F-15 DF only to easily drill its brain out, and that TVC is not using the degree of home, Poststall chaos to the results beaten.

Westerner himself evaluation of SKM operational effectiveness than MKI, MKI actually also nerve to get to than the new 35 SM2. The essence of Mao's technology will be reflected in the Soviet -50, including the Su -35, MKI or step aside it.

Boulders and more clouds: so that MKI is equivalent to what level? F16BLOCK52 air is better than not?

I stand on top of mountains 2009-8-21 01:29

Do not expect too complacent. What qualifications and BLK52 MKI ratio? Astra performance is higher than the AIM-120C7? Or BARS than APG-68V5 / 7? Is R-73 is better than AIM-9X? First aim is simple beat JHMCS? AL-31FP thrust increases put into effect? How it 122.6KN also stop there? TVC nozzle can be brought about? Post Stall What are the consequences of improper use effect? AT the TVC pretending you this AVEN, no combination of aerodynamic design can play a number of performance? The RWR, ECM, ECCM, towed decoy so the hair simply no technical essence to the MKI, do not talk and Laomi compared to the. Mao Su -35 people there is the real good stuff.
I stand mountain high 2009-8-21 12:54

11B is lower than 10B, 10B to play the role of Su -35, four generations ahead.

erwinhans erwinhans

J-11B J-10B worse than where it? Avionics are amplified at the ....

I stand mountain high

If you read the avionics architecture would not have said so.

PUPU has been said, 11B 10A stronger than in theory, but now look, or 10A is more reliable, even after considering tactics is the most capable air combat aircraft.

Of course, you can say no on the very line 11B is not complete until the state of 11B, 11B, etc. only to full status, and it is more than a 10B, not 10A.

socket on 2009-8-21

SU30MKI weight of two tons, the engine thrust has not changed, first of all a lot of thrust-weight ratio on the decline,

sunli1217 sunli1217

SU30MKI because the radar heavy, so only use the canard to trim weight, engine thrust has not changed how do you know?

I stand mountain high:

Kanwa的数据略增一点981210d.html Kanwa slightly increased data point 981210d.html
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread199779/pg1]AL-31FP/Su 30 MKI : 3D TVC or enhanced 2D TVC?, page 1 that no changed altogether.
If the push to have increased significantly, then the flow of T4 changed or changed?

sunli1217 sunli1217
Even if the thrust has not changed but SU30MKI a vector tail jet, although the life span is not long, but in war enough.

I stand mountain high:
TVC manually operated vents had better not copy the F-22 This combination of aerodynamic design, the fire pushed one flight TVC design effect. People forget TVC jet F-119 is still more than 10 of the weight of T / W, you AL-31 would have the U.S. standard T / W is only 7.14, add 110 kg more FC the vents. Two gave hundreds of kilograms of weight the aircraft it originally MKI on weight gain, and the next like dead ducks. And two-seat Su -27 resistance is relatively large, stood Haohao De insisted not to use single-seat two-seat configuration, but still maintains the development of F-15D / E, and F-14's kind of low resistance two-seat cockpit, which for MKI already insufficient thrust is too worse the. General mobility can be very bad MKI must not be better than the MKK where to go. As for the TVC to give the Post-stall capacity, in the exercise had already been fully demonstrated Redflag passed, at least not well Asan use this feature, but lost to hover performance data often do not own nice F-15.

sunli1217 sunli1217
In the case of electronic equipment and a very heavy mid-sized fighter aircraft or the more obvious advantages.

I stand mountain high:

Will the two aerodynamic design of an era it? Will the Soviet Union's flight control to -27 J-10 level? MKI you spend the legendary KSU-142M does not?? Where is your child that advantage of it?
sbtcsem:
AL-31FP who is popular on this? Why do I find the data is 132kN?

erwinhans:

126/128, should not 132

Zhong Yan:
Yesterday, several of us all in the same batch of 35 new radar data, we 11b of 14XX, desperate to expand antenna diameter, more than one meter, can meet nearly f22 radar purposes. F22 to 5 square meters goal is 240km, 35 not expand in diameter, less than one meter, he always has the power density electronic devices as we and the United States and Europe, you said that the power of how to expand ah? American f22 destined phased array, the power density than us and bigger in Europe, barely do 5 m 240km, Westerner a broken radar, still shouting 400km, or 3 square meters of the target, Westerner's caliber and f22's almost, you If the Westerner said the tradition of honest and radar under the same conditions to go beyond the United States, How painful, directly and did the old radar forget, do not like the new suicide, the role of distance is three digits.
Zhong Yan Su-30MKK with the high cost of ground attack, as JH-7A, and avionics bad. Acting in 2006 when four of 30 against a s300 position, results in all were shot down before, there is no local position was found. While for the two fertilizer explosive to use, direct dry blasting s300 position themselves unharmed.

I stand mountain high:

How should increase the rear weight, right? 。 Comparison of Su-27B and UB at a glance. Asan MKI position very clear on it? If it is air superiority, why bother with the seat? This high resistance of the seat or, worse than the F-15E of many, it touches on a new two-seater MIG-29 is a low resistance profile. If it is ground, how it on the TVC?

I stand mountain high:
IRBIS-E despite two enlarged, but the average power is 5KW, PESA's shortcomings are not do not know how it is impossible, and APG-77 than the detection range, right?

BARS What is a good stock? What can be comparable to ZHUK-MSF? N001VEP PERO another antenna processing system combined with not less than it was. Mao is not to say people are not good merchandise, but there is not Asan.

IRBIS-E of Peak Power and Average Power were 20KW and 5KW, MAKS on published data, Carlo Kopp, who has been so used. Do not see how the letter before other evidence of other data?

BARS is not a rigid target is indeed a good delivery, but there is no advantage of PD. You have to really say good BARS radar rigid target with MIG-31 on the N-007 are.

.... However, compared to MKK BARS edge detection distance is too narrow a search. While the goal of scanning less, but can be targeted more. But consume a lot less than the MKK power ....

I stand mountain high:

PD did not have the advantage? You mean mechanically scanned antenna, right? Electronic scanning can not escape from pulsed-doppler ah. BARS detection range than N001VEP really big number, but the 14XX in the J-11B was to cry out before. The words I touched in passing, not to downgrade the hair people, after all 14XX and Mao were associated not small.

Do you think BARS can match ZHUK-MSF? Whether power, detection range, gain, or treatment system not a class, good and evil ZHUK-MSF, before the AESA is NIIR in ace, BARS What in the NIIP is the status?

It is not necessary is not, the original JL-10A with the British technology, power density is very high indeed. 607 and 14 are now in rapid development, and there are sources of foreign technology, 14XX and the J-10B's radar more than is rational BARS or something.

Do not count the weight of the mechanical scanning of the APG-68V9 commendable before nor any place, people, but a small antenna 72X48 cm.

erwinhans erwinhans

BARS当然比不上Zhuk-MSF BARS, of course not compare Zhuk-MSF
But not the outgoing incumbent, Zhuk-MAE/AE 30MKI or NIIP with products under the What?

Now the radar, optical calculation power has no meaning, because the development of modern RWR soon, not according to the air situation very precise control of electromagnetic radiation energy itself can not be a good control of their waveform, optical power increases The result is likely to be found each other first. This is TG in actual combat took the lead in the confrontation has been verified.

APG-77 and APG-81 to emphasize not just the power, but DBF waveform caused by a combination of control, burst pulse pseudo-random spread spectrum technology and can bring a low interception rate and the resulting health of powerful electromagnetic confrontation capacity. They stressed that the availability of complex electromagnetic environment, rather than mere theoretical detection range

...... F-35's APG-81 is actually a conformal antenna system, to do with the part of the communications, electronic surveillance, electronic countermeasures antennas and integrated data integration, bringing the overall SA high bonus points, APG-77 + ALR- 94 compared the outcome of the main indicators Shangqie no points (features and upgrade potential is certainly better), the hair that AESA 5 or forget it ......

I stand mountain high:

BARS replaced ZHUK-MAE? Way for radar suppliers? This thing possible? That Vladimir Zagorodniy will certainly take a knife burst into the HAL and NIIR and human Rush's. NIIP next generation products? Five useless on wool will MKI What? Looks around and only IRBIS-E is available. But the MKI's power supply system can support the two amplified monster? ZHUK-MSF average power looks like only 2-3KW, but has been BARS high.

pzgr43 pzgr43

According to various channels of information, Westerner back some of the radar signal processing algorithm is also considerable cattle X, but the Westerner has been plagued by low device performance for decades, the typical example is the 27SK and 30MKI on the weight of electronic devices, almost more than contemporary U.S. aircraft doubled, performance is very or somewhat weaker.

Upstairs Westerner through it that this situation may have improved recently?

prometheus prometheus
Mao Guogong data when snow leopard fabric, very strong domestic and international military response drops of the altar. In the T / R modules and the number of parameters such as power and CIP are behind apg77 circumstances, its very difficult to claim that performance. At that time you want to install in the Soviet Union 35 Snow Leopard, according to Su-35 can provide power supply and cooling systems, the work seems to be difficult for the snow leopard needs to provide effective heat dissipation and thus cause its power is limited to a lower level, there is no possible Legends of the 3RCS detection of more than 400 objects. The newly designed T50 may change the power supply and cooling issues, but still not escape the problem of low integration module.
Served by the progress of the last batch of birds of prey should have changed the mode switch apg77 the module package 81. Raptor design cooling capacity has been considered sufficient to accommodate any lateral upgraded radar. 35 upgrade is limited.
...... 35BM that 400KM distance gaze pattern detection angle and restricts the search ...... great ......
Google Translate

furthremore,
J10B-to-ground capacity to be strengthened though, but its air combat capability is improved several times, J10B main function is to combat air superiority,
J10B overall aerodynamic shape of the transonic and supersonic area ratio, area ratio was the depth of optimization, re-design the front fuselage, vertical fin, pelvic fins, replace the new wing (airfoil is essentially the same, using a more complex material), a new generation of three-dimensional supersonic inlet at 2 times the speed of sound BUMP available when the total pressure recovery was better than 3 wave system inlet, optimized aerodynamic shape in Asia, cross, supersonic envelope The drag reduction effect is obvious, acceleration performance is improved. Judging from the test flight, high altitude with a bomb under (simulated bombs) and maximum static speed and ceiling were all improved.
J10B the structural weight weight loss significantly, mount capability has been enhanced.

J10B using next-generation avionics system, including an improved flight control system, the latest supporting airborne phased array radar (active / passive) electronic warfare systems, new optical radar.
J10B the system updates no less than 70%

J10B composite materials used in expanding the scope of the structural weight after weight loss despite obvious, but AESE radar, optical radar, electronic warfare equipment, offset part of the structure weight gain weight, J10B J10A empty weight, is less than some relief, but J10B or empty weight of 8 tons.

Wing is removable under the electric baton, pulled down two electric batons to light the other 10B service, you will find 10B not always with two electric batons for

and............
J10B the first effect of the change before the machine:
1, to meet the pre-compression before dsi, high intake efficiency.
2, the lower flat was the first machine the first circular machine than the more compressed the first lift, a larger amount of supersonic, the focus moves forward, so J10B telex control law must be part of the changes.
3, the first effect of the change before the machine to improve the area ratio of transonic, supersonic area ratio, J10B better supersonic drag ratio.

Not to install AESE play flat nose, but AESE more suitable than the flat plate antenna head.
In 2008 after the suspension of the other programs, and 10 full shift change Bump inlet single program, have discussed the possibility of the ship, finally installed air-driven, air superiority performance to strengthen and expand the multi-purpose capabilities, complete give up the ship's direction.
In 2008 on the identification of 10 change as a 3.5 (4.5) on behalf of the production machine, and 4 (5) on behalf of some technology validation.
. Was tapped on the identification of 10 4 (5) generation of avionics into (of course, includes the AESA).
Therefore, a significant increase in 10 to change the use of composite materials, try to reduce the RCS of the process, in addition to Bump inlet, re-designed machine first, before the fuselage, the wings changes the distribution of materials and external, vertical tail and tail (ventral) fin repair type, but also to minimize the appearance of the prominence body, would Air light into half-buried, the cooling air inlets from the convex-type embedded into possession,. 。 . 。 . 。 . 。 .
The result is significant drag the whole machine, Asian / cross / drag ratio to enhance supersonic, RCS reduce an order of magnitude.

The latest J10BZ, flight test in early J10B based on the data obtained, were further optimized on the air, the latest J10BZ and future production of J10B still have some differences.
Future production of J10B shape with the latest appearance will be consistent J10BZ.

Okey F-16 makes sense.....but lavi and Mig-29????.....its you IMHO who seriously need some study.....J-10 in structure and mission capabilities should be compared to Grippen, Typhoon and Rafale which ecompas similar roles and structure

You and mine described aircraft are of similar class depending upon its avionics system. I never in any way comparing J-10 with Lavi and Mig-29 rather specifiying a need of further study to overcome its secrecy syndrome. By the way, J-10 is a secret project as specified by above member then only you are forcing yourself to assume it in the league of Gripen, Typhoon and Rafale catagory is beyond my level of comprehension.

You and mine described aircraft are of similar class depending upon its avionics system. I never in any way comparing J-10 with Lavi and Mig-29 rather specifiying a need of further study to overcome its secrecy syndrome.
referring to you're post
If you are really willing to have some specification of J-10 then you need to study fighter jets of its class, I mean F-16, Lavi as well as Mig-29
I hope you're not using Chinese so that I misunderstood this :lol:

By the way, J-10 is a secret project as specified by above member then only you are forcing yourself to assume it in the league of Gripen, Typhoon and Rafale catagory is beyond my level of comprehension.
Every Chinese Project is a secret project, I dont remeber a single project that they announced publically before development.....do you know any?.....secondly if my classification is wrong then you should specify a class.....where would you classify J-10 ??

1257953081453.jpg

U.S. forces have recently Baoliao: China's Cheng Fei has developed the latest J10 improved - J10C fighters. The successful development of this fighter is also expected back in the U.S. military side, because J10 aircraft were formally stripped of its official to disclose their have been listed in installed as many as dozens of front-line troops.

J10C equipped with more advanced radar equipment, radar, the radar has a relatively J10 greater detection range and have to track 12 targets and pose the greatest threat against them six goals. The cockpit set up a more advanced home-made diffraction HUD. In addition, equipped with J10C In addition to the more advanced PL12 in the moment will also be equipped with air to air missiles, more advanced PL-13 long-range air to air missiles, which have an anti-missile early-warning capabilities. Installation of a laser-guided pod J10C, can launch a variety of laser-guided bombs, to further enhance the fighter-to-ground precision strike capability.

J10C with the J10 has a very different in appearance, its inlet using a more sophisticated design, the original thrust of the engine because of the additional installation of a larger design of six bone ribs will cease to exist, replaced by a more streamlined design. In addition to other inlet, J10C and J10 appearance on the biggest difference is that, J10C also the same as the F16E installation of a similar "Hunchback Falcon" and two extra large fuel tanks. The U.S. side was not surprised, the United States that the J10 fighter design success is in its completely digested and absorbed the advantages of the F16 fighter, so J10C uses the F16E similar design to increase the practice of the voyage was not surprising. J10 fighter overall performance has exceeded F16A / B, while the performance of J10C fighters will have to surpass the U.S. active-duty, one of the main fighter plane of all models of F16. But the U.S. also believes that because of J10 aircraft engines still rely on Russia, so Russia's J10C can only use the latest improved AL-31FN engine.

The United States further noted that, J10C the successful development of China's significance lies not only J10C fighters themselves, but more because, as China's fourth-generation fighter demonstrator important mission! It is learned that, J10C use of stealth coatings, infrared signature suppression, and many of the stealth technology to reduce the amount of infrared radiation, and radar reflectivity, while the U.S. military successfully developed before the fourth-generation fighter F35 is also the first in the F16E aircraft carried out a stealth design verification work, and the Russian launch of S-37 Golden Eagle fighter planes also serve the same task. Therefore, J10C marks the successful development of China's real fourth-generation fighters JXX is also about to take off!

Journal of the Australian air force official blog has the author, exposure of China's J-10C carrier-based aircraft data and the performance of the shape, which reduce the landing roll to 50 meters distance.

The article points out, these data show, J-10C carrier-based aircraft and the J-10 fighter series is almost identical, only the thrust increased from 122 kN to 152 kN, taxiing distances have been shortened to 50 meters. With the J-10, like, J-10C carrier-based aircraft In addition to maintaining a normal level flight, there are plenty of thrust to meet the needs of the implementation of a variety of combat missions, therefore, J-10C acceleration, climbing and circling and other standards may be a substantial increase, even if the increase in air into the vertical mode is also effortlessly.

The article said, J-10C carrier-based aircraft would be a weapons system operator manipulation, and is responsible for a precision strike. J-10C can carry more than 4 tons of ammunition, but the future will be equipped with precision-guided munitions. In addition, the carrier-based aircraft may also have the right to attack capability.

:china::china:

Any updates on the version Pakistan is getting and it's armament?

They are expected until 2014, so that still leaves 4 years....

Any updates on the version Pakistan is getting and it's armament?

They are expected until 2014, so that still leaves 4 years....

Hay that reminds me of a poster referring to PAF pilot saying that PAF will have something like SU-30 in 2015
Now if i believe this there are three possibilities
1- Super Ten (FC-20) (Twin engined J-10 version in the possible class of advanced T III Typhoon) or a heavily modified J-10B as FC-20 (some times I have suspicion that 20 class means an altogather new level of AC gen just like F-22 after teen series so I would suspect the super ten)
2- A possible J-11BS J-15 hybrid as FC-20 as it would be almost identical to SU-30 MKI... (or it may be another possible deal
3- The rumored J-10 J-11 Hybrid which could be unveiled in 2012 possibly
But these are my views only and thus open for criticism or debate

Back
Top Bottom