What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Nobody commented on the fact that only the last picture is one of J10B. Also please note that it is without its pitot tube, which means they are either PSed, or its development has progressed a lot further than we thought. I dont know what PLAAF wants to do with J10Bwith regards to induction. There are mutterings that it is very much on the cards and PLAAF has already curtailed J10 production. There is also rumour(??source) that there are more than one B variants. So which way is this conundrum going to settle?
Araz

Last edited:
Nobody commented on the fact that only the last picture is one of J10B. Also please note that it is without its pitot tube, which means they are either PSed, or its development has progressed a lot further than we thought. I dont know what PLAAF wants to do with J10Bwith regards to induction. There are mutterings that it is very much on the cards and PLAAF has already curtailed J10 production. There is also rumour(??source) that there are more than one B variants. So which way is this conundrum going to settle?
Araz

Well there is no recent picture which shows the pitot tube replaced, thus it is photo shopped, as this picture in the original scheme is out there. J-10 production line does not seems to have ceased as Chinese forums are still getting pictures of newer J-10s being inducted, thus till the finalization of the J-10B design with DSI, this production line is still gonna go, as China needs these planes.

J-10B still seems to be in the testing stage, and may take 1-2 years more before we may see it coming into production.

And for more then B variant, well there may be, as one variant may be for PAF specifications and CAF may get their own variant with their specification equipment.

Chinese designations are sometimes confusing and no one can be sure about them. I remember, some Chinese forums even talking about the B variant to be in the old design shaped, they say there was initially, the J-10, then came the J-10A and a much more non-DSI old shape J-10B, and this newer DSI J-10B. so confusion all around.

But it hasn't yet come into the production stage, and we may have to wait for another 1-2 years before we see it finally coming into production.

the J10B is very close to the Initial Operations Clearance

2010-2011:cheers:

Well then my guess of 1 year is good enough :)

As the plane design has not been radically changed, DSI and little bit nose change are the most noticeable ones, rest of the wings, tail, canard and other stuff is same, so it shouldn't take much time in finalizing the flying characteristics and profile with these changes.

Then the story goes to the avionics, which i believe may take time or may be even its near finalization too, as an AESA seems must and probable in this variant. But as usual our worries are about the engine, hope to see a in production fully ready WS-10 or WS-10A soon. As without the engines difficult for us to get hands on the J-10.

Hope to see more details and why no more pictures of the J-10B DSI variant coming online ?? Its been quiet awhile.

is it 4th generation or above ..? sorry for my lake of knowledge.. :D
and also i think this is the plane in which Pakistan is interested a lot, as per my knowledge J10 or J10 B ..

and also i think this is the plane in which Pakistan is interested a lot, as per my knowledge J10 or J10 B ..

J-10A is 4th generation where as j-10b would be 4.5 generation and the basic version of j-10 will be upgraded according to PAF needs and will known as FC-20 in Paf service

Whats going on with the fc-20 ? there is no recent news etc... i wonder .

Hi
is it certain that Chinese will give Pakistan J-10B with top notch configuration & not a downgraded variant as it was reported on this forum that they will not be giving us KJ-2000 as they consider it too advanced.

Hi guys,

KJ 2000 for the moment for not, me thinks that China would do her best to provide PAF some key equipment upgrades just enough to deal with IAF, to more or less maintain the current military statue quo of the South Asia. If J-XX comes out well as expected, personally I think PLAAF would like to arm FC-20 to the teeth if neccesary. Call me optimistic, I even think it's quite logical for China to send a J-XX variant to PAF somewhere after 2025 if PAKFA poses a sufficient threat to PAF.

I just read a report yesterday out of The Hong Kong Commercial Daily(HKCD), a newspaper in HK (written in Chinese ????---???). HKCD was the first financial newspaper published in Chinese after WW2, a quite serious business paper, sort of like Financial Times to the UK. I don't know its quality on millitary-related news, but generally it is not considered as a tablod news source.

The article wnet that there's a recent rumour ( :lol: of course it's only a rumour as no one really has the truth due to the ultra high level of security of the project) that PLAAF 5th gen 's maiden flight being imminent, since PLAAF is quite busy at training related pilots for the next gen.

maybe PAF is interesting in finally version of J-10------J-10-21?
the latest fifth G fighter J-20 rumoured will make the first test fly in this or next year. generally, these "rumours" from some well-thought-of member in china military forums will be confirmed finally

Possible future PAF jet - J10B

j10big1.jpg

The air intake on this 1 is so much better than j10a

Back
Top Bottom