What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Reference:
'Pak can buy Chinese J-10 fighter jets' | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

'Pak can buy Chinese J-10 fighter jets'
Published: April 14, 2010
Print Facebook Digg StumbleUpon Text Size
YANGCUN AIR BASE, China, (Reuters) - Four Chinese J-10 fighter jets banked and sported in perfect formation in the blue skies near Tianjin on Tuesday, before executing a neat landing, their braking parachutes billowing out just in front of a viewing stand filled with military attaches.
Many of the 51 attaches, some from Africa and the Middle East, may be future customers for the Made-in-China fighter jet.
So far no other country’s air force has the J-10, but China hopes the plane’s manoeuvrability and price can compete with the US and others in sales to third countries, many of them allies through whom Beijing is courting global influence.
Ever since the early 1990s, China has been working to slim and upgrade its military into a modern fighting force. That means developing fighters for the People’s Liberation Army Air Force, and also planes that others would want.
“Yes, we have been given the option of getting this aircraft, and we are studying this option,” said Salman Ahsan Bokhari, the Beijing-based air attache from Pakistan, tipped as a potential bulk buyer of the J-10.“Until this time, we haven’t seen it physically flying... It’s a good time for all the world’s air force to know the PLA has a valuable and important aircraft flying in the skies.”
:pakistan::china:
Islamabad is negotiating with the United States to buy 14 more F-16 fighter planes, Pakistan defence officials said in March after talks aimed at reversing tempestuous ties between the allies.
“In Pakistan we have Western aircraft, French aircraft and Chinese aircraft, so we will be able to see how we can position this in,” Bokhari said, referring to possible purchases of the J-10. The Alabama-trained pilot said he wanted to try flying it.
“Price-wise, this is a point which is still under discussion, the main point.”
For pilots like Yan Feng, the beauty of the J-10 lies in its manoeuverability, its stability, and its integrated avionics system.
Compared to a J-7 plane, which China has already exported, the J-10 “is like an adult to a child,” Yan said.
“As a pilot and a division chief, I am very proud to have J-10 aircraft.”
:pakistan::china:
Yan estimated a J-10 cost the PLA Air Force, which he noted is also a consumer, about 190 million yuan ($27.84 million). That’s pricey compared to the $15 million-plus price tag on a U.S. F-16 fighter, a favourite of world air forces.
“I believe the vendors know how to put it across to whoever the buyer is,” said K Gambo, military attache from Nigeria, who said his country might consider buying from China.
“With good bargaining the price can come down.”

be9col.jpg

I don't know why PAF is delaying induction of new J-10s when there is so much need for a capable fighter jet.

I don't know why PAF is delaying induction of new J-10s when there is so much need for a capable fighter jet.

Because of the ongoing modifications to further improve the aircraft, According to PAF ex Air Chief j-10 lacked in some aspects so to make j-10 on power with its western counterparts an upgraded variant named as fc-20 will b inducted in PAF but not before 2015

Because of the ongoing modifications to further improve the aircraft, According to PAF ex Air Chief j-10 lacked in some aspects so to make j-10 on power with its western counterparts an upgraded variant named as fc-20 will b inducted in PAF but not before 2015

This was said in 2004. And I am not really sure even after the upgrades it can encounter the Indian MMRCA and current SU-30. Don't you think we need something more big?

This was said in 2004. And I am not really sure even after the upgrades it can encounter the Indian MMRCA and current SU-30. Don't you think we need something more big?

Yeah lets buy A-380's and arm them with Babur's and 30mm cannons, they big enough???

We have to buy according to our budget and sadly we have much limited budget thats why unlike india we cant buy western aircrafts with huge price tags neither we can launch a tender like their's .

Aircrafts like Rafale and Ef-2000 or even f-18 E/F are not affordable for us ,so at the end of the day we have to get what we can with suitable modifications to improve it as best as we can

Yeah lets buy A-380's and arm them with Babur's and 30mm cannons, they big enough???

Hear what the Ex-CAF had to say about FC-20. Personally i belief we are not gonna see a final version of FC-20 or confirm news till Indian MRCA tender has not been awarded, as PAF would like something which can counter both Su-30s and the MRCA winner, so the specifications might not have been finalized so far, but would be at a very advanced or near to final stage, so that when Indian winner is announced, things which are left are incorporated to counter the new Indian jet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hear what the Ex-CAF had to say about FC-20. Personally i belief we are not gonna see a final version of FC-20 or confirm news till Indian MRCA tender has not been awarded, as PAF would like something which can counter both Su-30s and the MRCA winner, so the specifications might not have been finalized so far, but would be at a very advanced or near to final stage, so that when Indian winner is announced, things which are left are incorporated to counter the new Indian jet.

YouTube - Chief of Air Staff talks to media at IDEAS 2008 Defence Exhibition - November 27, 2008

There is really nothing that can stop PAF to buy J-10 regardless of what MRCA purchase of IAF would be. Fact of the matter is, PAF really somehow fighting for enough budget to fulfill its growing needs of rising threat on its eastern border.

There is really nothing that can stop PAF to buy J-10 regardless of what MRCA purchase of IAF would be. Fact of the matter is, PAF really somehow fighting for enough budget to fulfill its growing needs of rising threat on its eastern border.

He meant to say that once MRCA will be decided thn PAF will get to know what IAF has selected, so PAF can upgrade FC-20 with respect to the selected MRCA in order to get best out of it and counter the MRCA threat

Budget us not an issue, as PAF major purchases have nearly ended & paid for, now only the JF-17s & FC-20s are left to be inducted.

As said FC-20 is going through technical specifications upgrade as per PAF requirements. By the time they are finally done, PAF will have funds and we all know China would give the seller credit facility as they have no issues with that and such facility gives us a bigger fiscal room to work into.

And yes MRCA is important, as just like Su-30s, we need something to counter the future Indian jet, as we can't later on again start running and look for another platform to match the MRCA winner, so better from now start looking for one.

JF-17s are gonna be the work horse for now, until a much more upgraded variant is not seen, F-16s and FC-20s are gonna be the front line fighters, which will be taking on the Indian Su-30s and MRCA winner.

Back
Top Bottom