What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

^^^^^^^^^
& Just when I thought I had run into some1 who could offer something substantial. Nada.

Thats ok the door is right behind you and make sure u close it on your way out.

Why dont you enlighten us by what substantial offerings are you looking for.

If I have your ear, I'd like you to stop being a jerk. There are other Pakistanis here who handled the same issue with a lot more poise.

One you have reconciled yourself then you can go back to #2429. If you have been true, prolly you can see things in a new light.

AA gaye na apni auqat pay. Now I asked you a question what exactly is the information that you are looking for.

Nakodo

It is understandable just why you are making a mountain out of mole. Somethings hurt too much but to bear them is the only way out....

If I have your ear, I'd like you to stop being a jerk. There are other Pakistanis here who handled the same issue with a lot more poise.

One you have reconciled yourself then you can go back to #2429. If you have been true, prolly you can see things in a new light.

your query was answered by 4 different people and still you came back with more trolling and rather then accepting the facts bring in more issues. I gues that the guy who posted 2 posts before the one that you had mentioned 2429 was right it is nothing more then the case of heart burn by you indian that we have something that actually works and you have something that you have to beg others to make it work. And what irony I am the jerk :rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Nakodo

It is understandable just why you are making a mountain out of mole. Somethings hurt too much but to bear them is the only way out....

Thanks that is what me and others are trying to tell the troll.

Nakodo

How can you make a mountain out of a mole. I am more or less appreciative of how PAF has gone about inducting thunder, but I am also pointing out that PAF need not have settled for just the thunder as their lead a/c. Better planes could have been introduced to the subcontinent.

@khalidali:

May be I am expecting too much from you. :wave:

How can you make a mountain out of a mole. I am more or less appreciative of how PAF has gone about inducting thunder, but I am also pointing out that PAF need not have settled for just the thunder as their lead a/c. Better planes could have been introduced to the subcontinent.

@khalidali:

Stop with your fake concerns this is what you had to say about the same issue in other thread;

The thing is that while India has for long been entrenched in the decision making and design of military systems with foreign partners aka collaboration, Pakistan only collaborates with China for 2nd rung stuff and that too from an inferior status of i-will-make-do-with-whatever-you-got. When was the last time Pakistan got involved in some military project that made heads turn around the world? The nuke leakers ring?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...refuses-sell-barak-8-turkey-5.html#post824648

What Pakistan buys and makes is non of your concern. And no your expecting any thing from me you cant just handle some one when they try to tell you the truth if it dont suit you.

And congrats you have been successful in derailing the thread for good 2 pages. I request every one to stop entertaining the troll and dont answer him any more and mods please take action. If I have done any thing which have derailed the thread I will own up to it.

@khalidali:

Nakodo
Your querry has been answered. it may be a play of words to you but the fact is that you are both right. As explained earlier, no one denies the fact that DSI was TESTED on the F16. It was subsequently adfapted for use on the JSF and Thunder. Thunder is the only OPERATIONAL plane with DSI. We have a fully weaponised and tested squadron inducted with flight testing complete. It has also been explained to you that western avionics are being looked at for Block2 and not the current block. This is our right to avail all avenues to make the plane better than what it is.
Now can we move on or will be still be stuck here on this topic? You may not have liked what khalid , taimi or nabil have said to you but , I have spelled it out to you very civilly.
Lets move on people.
Araz

Nobody commented on the fact that only the last picture is one of J10B. Also please note that it is without its pitot tube, which means they are either PSed, or its development has progressed a lot further than we thought. I dont know what PLAAF wants to do with J10Bwith regards to induction. There are mutterings that it is very much on the cards and PLAAF has already curtailed J10 production. There is also rumour(??source) that there are more than one B variants. So which way is this conundrum going to settle?
Araz

there is no pitot tube in new j-10 b

The 01/1031 prototype of the new J-10B was unveiled in March 2009, 3 months after its maiden flight in December 2008. This much improved variant features a DSI/bump engine inlet which not only cuts weight but also reduces RCS, after a similar design was first tested onboard FC-1/JF-17. The aircraft also features a J-11B style IRST/LR and a wide-angle holographic HUD. IRST enables passive detection of enemy aircraft, making J-10B more stealthy in combat. Its nose appears flatter too, similar to that of American F-16, and fire-control radar is thought to be an X-band AESA developed by the 607 Institute, the first of such type ever being developed for a Chinese fighter aircraft, giving J-10B a stronger multi-target engagement and ECCM capability. Two large ECM pods are attached under the wings. The tip of vertical tailfin was redesigned as well, featuring a large fairing containing communication and ECM antennas, which resembles that of French Mirage 2000. A rear facing MAWS sensor can be seen underneath the parachute boom. A similar system was tested onboard FC-1/JF-17. RAM coating is also expected in certain areas such as engine inlet and wing leading edges to reduce RCS. The aircraft may be fitted with CFTs in the future to further extend its range. All these improvements suggest that J-10B is equipped with a new generation of integrated electronic system, ranging from radar to EW system. The aircraft thus serves likely as a testbed for various advanced avionics onboard the 4th generation J-20 (see below). Its mission may be changed from air-superiority to multi-purpose, such as AG or EW. In addition, the aircarft is expected to be powered eventually by an indigenous WS-10A turbofan. Overall J-10B is thought to be comparable to American F-16E/Block 60. The latest image indicated that the 03 prototype has flown, which has the pitot tube rumoved from the nose tip.

the picture of prototype 03

here is link
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

:china::pakistan:

FOLKS
J10 is compared to F16 and Lavi from initial stages.both f16 and Lavi(cancelled) were made to be 4 generation fighters.now J10 is meant to be 4+ fighter.
But have u guys ever thought about TVC engine concept in J10? which makes it high maneuvering aircraft and different to other single engine birds.

NOW CONSIDER THIS !

this is an initial design of J10,which shows similarities b/w Lavi and J10 to high extent.
J-10

LAVI
Lavi(Y).jpg

NO TVC,SMALL DESIGN,MUCH CLOSER CANARDS,EVEN AIR BREAKS ARE SIMILAR.

but things change later.WANT TO KNOW WHY?

a research air craft of U.S.NASA-German Rockwell-Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm X-31 VECTOR Enhanced Fighter Maneuverability program started in late 80's and first prototype built on October 11,1990.
more details here Rockwell-MBB X-31 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
this was built to study high Maneuverability.
its simple design is this.
rockwell_x31_3v.jpg

1-Semi delta wings.
2-Canards
3-vertical stabilator
4-TVC Engine.
u can easily find all these things in J-10
j10_schem_01.jpg

although the canards are fitted on different position as compare to X-31 but changed from first design like LAVI'S.

I READ ABOUT IT A FEW MONTHS AGO IN A FORUM OF F-16.NET BUT COULDN'T FIND IT RIGHT NOW.BUT STILL RESEARCH CAN CLARIFY THE CONCEPT DESIGN.
:azn:

enjoy a few more snaps of X-31.

x-31_vector_030422-n-0000d-001.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
Who is better
f-16 block 52 or J-10B?

If j-10B then i am sure we should nt buy j-10B..j-11B will be a better option..

My option for future is

J-11B or Rafale.twin engine

Seems as something is not in the mix right.. we are not hearing anything further about the fc-20? whats going on?

Seems as something is not in the mix right.. we are not hearing anything further about the fc-20? whats going on?

FC20 must have TH engines. They are still under testing (starting from last year).

its two months since i last posted on this forum and now when a came back,, we are still speculation FC-20 arrival.
i wonder why PAF is not saying anything about it??

Back
Top Bottom