What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

China's radar tech advances fast.

Grifo was superior at the time of J-7PG. The first 50 JF-17s have a Chinese PD radar. If PAF wants an open bid to get AESA radars on JF-17 China could offer one in competition. China's AESA is different from Russia's now that Russia has to buy certain key parts from Europe.

There are reportedly two fighter AESA radars certified. Induction of AESA radars on J-10As and J-11s began in 2008.

Personally I think PAF should procure both European and Chinese radars for J-10B.

Looking at JF-17 avionics future, it seems so. PAF will try to get both western & Chinese avionics & radars on its JF-17s & FC-20s, leaving aside the F-16s which would be fully American ones.

This way PAF can compare the techs of both sides and see which lags what and which has advantage on the other one, that way Chinese can improve their tech further if required, and PAF can even ask the western to make some improvements. And other operational benefits would be gotten too.

Chinese would always love to supply PAF with something from their best, as their tech has now improved a lot and can give the western manufacturers a run for their money.

Hope we see an AESA radar soon from China.

if most of the subsystems imported,,what benefit u have if say Russians comes into the market with their own low cost aircraft with same features and at a fraction of cost ?

Last edited:
if most of the subsystems imported,,what benefit u have if say Russians comes into the market with their own low cost aircraft with same features and at a fraction of cost ?

The Russians have a thing of building something good and competitive but at the same time the cheaper it is from them the more injury prone it becomes. At present the Mig 29 is also in the market cheap but it is a disaster with in its self. I could be wrong.

Bird in hand better than 2 in bush...so far J-10B seems like pipe dream. I have heard people getting emotional and telling me it will be comparable to Block 50+ F-16. I honestly believe this is nonsense and if Chinese can upgrade J-10 to such levels, JF-17 can go through same. Let us focus on our workhorse instead of worrying about acquiring 30 odd unknown planes from China.

People say PAF struck deal for this bird long ago, but why without seeing finished product? We should play cool with any military acquisition that we are not getting benefits of production or knowhow from now on, including from China. Budget does not allow waste.

Bird in hand better than 2 in bush...so far J-10B seems like pipe dream. I have heard people getting emotional and telling me it will be comparable to Block 50+ F-16. I honestly believe this is nonsense and if Chinese can upgrade J-10 to such levels, JF-17 can go through same. Let us focus on our workhorse instead of worrying about acquiring 30 odd unknown planes from China.

People say PAF struck deal for this bird long ago, but why without seeing finished product? We should play cool with any military acquisition that we are not getting benefits of production or knowhow from now on, including from China. Budget does not allow waste.

Hi,

I gues you might have missed out on the posts of the last 4 ---6 years.

The first blk of J 10 is already in service with plaaf for the last many years. Pakistan possibly tested that airframe in 2003 or somewhere around that time.

PAF showed interest in that plane on the condition that it would be modified to what PAF wants---first of all the chinese were surprised to find that paf and the world knew about that plane at that time---secondly about the modifications that paf engrs proposed. Once those modicfications were acknowledged by the chinese engrs for paf, they accepted it to be superior to J 10 A.

The blk 52 that we are getting, the J 10 B would be as good or better than that---paf won't say---but the J 10 B would be better than blk 52 that is coming in this year.

Blk 60 is a different story.

Currently---the PAF has gone into a shell for the last six months and has stopped any news leak about its current weapons system---the JF 17---the awacs--J 10 B.

Currently except for the engine, what other you see russian in J-10 ??

And most probably, what variant we will get of FC-20, it would be with Chinese engine, so nothing russian in it ??

And by the way, Russia is no more a communist country, they are now capitalist too.

Hi,

Actually, russia doesnot have the time, energy or the money to come up with a similiar aircraft to compete. And neither does it have the time for that.

Secondly, russia has already moved ahead in a different direction---it is now more focused on manufacturing something that can stand upto the three top tier american and european aircraft.

All of its focus is now on high end twin tail twin engine aircrafts. Single engine are a part of the history as of now.

I suggest you do some research before posting any thing.....don't expect constrainted PAF to be too stupid to spend on such a thing which they would not know...PAF pilots recomended it after flying it. themselves...

Wat is going on with our fc-20? no news no nothing lately uff..

Wat is going on with our fc-20? no news no nothing lately uff..
Add on to your frustration are no missile test, no NUKE deal, No U-214 deal and continuation of the box of AKQ etc. Having observed PAK related developments for years, I've become edgy to inform that it has already been reduced to an Indian dictated/subordinated state like Bangladesh. And FC-20 order is now a distant reality IMO.

Add on to your frustration are no missile test, no NUKE deal, No U-214 deal and continuation of the box of AKQ etc. Having observed PAK related developments for years, I've become edgy to inform that it has already been reduced to an Indian dictated/subordinated state like Bangladesh. And FC-20 order is now a distant reality IMO.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good Joke for day start. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good Joke for day start. :rofl:

BRO Taimi,

Your counter claims regard the Media reports on AVM Rao's negation on ordering FC-20 were read thus rational of forming jokes in your mind was understood. But that portion aside, could you please tell why wait for F-Solas for 4 YRS without DFRM and AESA were prefferd than taking deliveries of off the shelf J-10As right away? While MKIs numbers were rising monthly and PAK-FA as well as MRCAs were taking shapes at IND, what rational could be behind such delaying brain-fart? And while Indians tested missiles reguraly, why did you guys need to boast the ability of yester year? I can go on with many more whys but the above citation along with giving IND central Asian link, killing its enemies in PAK soil seem part of the joke to start a day for you, brother?

BRO Taimi,

Your counter claims regard the Media reports on AVM Rao's negation on ordering FC-20 were read thus rational of forming jokes in your mind was understood. But that portion aside, could you please tell why wait for F-Solas for 4 YRS without DFRM and AESA were prefferd than taking deliveries of off the shelf J-10As right away? While MKIs numbers were rising monthly and PAK-FA as well as MRCAs were taking shapes at IND, what rational could be behind such delaying brain-fart? And while Indians tested missiles reguraly, why did you guys need to boast the ability of yester year? I can go on with many more whys but the above citation along with giving IND central Asian link, killing its enemies in PAK soil seem part of the joke to start a day for you, brother?

F-16s are a battle tested, very much liked, with maintenance infrastructure & experience available platform to PAF. While J-10A lacks these things so far, and the major issue in J-10As are the Russian Engine, which would have been difficult to acquire as you know yourself how hard was for us to get it, with Indian opposition to it. RD-93 isn't that much of a super class engine, so the Russians even with Indian opposition gave it, but if it had come to the AL-31 series engine, the Russians won't have given it as J-10 would have been a serious adversary. So the major reason was engine and the early stage of the Chinese avionics.

Pak-Fa & MRCA or MMRCA are all still in the pipeline, and the FC-20s & JF-17s and hopefully a future Chinese Stealth are all the platforms that would be inducted to counter these Indian aircraft.

If you look at history, India always has enjoyed a superiority in quality and quantity both. They are bigger nation and we can't compete at 1:1.

And as for Missile tests and other stuff, well if you hadn't noticed for last 2 years we have been going under severe internal conflict crises, and in this chaos, doing such tests makes no sense as people & soldiers are getting martyred on daily basis, so such chest thumping is of no use.

India is our main adversary, and we have all the missiles and other stuff to counter it. If we have a 2500KM missile, no need for now to go to a 3000KM missile as no enemy is there at 3000KM mark. We need to cover India, which we have, now we need to get other capabilities to increase our conventional strength and defeat the taliban menace.

So Bangladesh may have submitted to Indian pressure, but we haven't. Let us first deal with this internal issue, then we will see about the other things mentioned by you.

And don't you worry, all the defence organizations are doing their work and making new things and perfecting older ones, no need to panic.

And IAF superiority would also be countered with. We are a cash strafed country thanks to our oligarchs, so we will take some time to counter the threat. Be assured, we aren't sleeping.

And yeah FC-20s deal is still on and you will see them inducted on time, God forbid if something else not happens.

Thanks for your concern.

Back
Top Bottom