What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

If the delievery date is 2013-2014, I do not forsee Pakistan is getting the B version at all. Remember that J-10B has not finished testing as of this moment yet, and CAC must satisfy PLAAF's own demands first, which is at least over a hundred aircraft. It's safe to assume once production of J-10B starts somewhere next year, J-10A line will no longer continue as we've seen in J-11A lines when J-11B became available.

There is no political reason why Pakistan can't get the B model, as Pakistan has always obtained what it needed in the past from China in the past. China was introducing the J-10A at around 20 planes a year from 2004 onwards. Going by that rate, I don't know how Pakistan will get J-10B before 2015 unless production is drastically increased.

If Pakistan has to get J-10 between 2013 and 2014, there is a good chance it will be an upgraded A version.

What i foresee is that CAC will double the current production (3 ACs a month) by opening second production line as I read it in somewhere in a report. The idea is also reinforced by the fact that PLAAF J-10As will also be taking MLU as J-10B becomes operative. And PAF will customize its FC-20 with western avionics. There are also reports that J-10B will be coming with ToT. So it will be PAF's headache to operate a separate line as CAC production lines will be busy in catering PLAAF and export customers

well the time frame projected is 2012-2013! i think it is a bit too optimistic if we actually do want to induct what we call the FC20 as it is reported to be a modification of J10 acording to PAF will, which accordingly will be made after the Indian MRCA winner in announced...
now this is a bit too fast.
Where did you read this?
Specially, when contract is signed! lets assume if tomorrow indian decide on mrca do you expect PAF to cancel this order?

other possibility that also seem to be the better choice will be that PAF go for J10B or even J10A in basic configration in nu,ber amountin to some 36 or so and get them ready by 2013 and then after excessive evaluation further place the order for more modified plane that will eventually be the FC20z!!!
what do you thin of it??
regards!

No this is not good idea IMO.
PAF need to repalce and build its fleet as soon possible.
Specially, when we are talking of integrating newer air frames.
PAF should target 2010 to acheive major upgrades and i believe J10-B are in production as we speak.

the J10B are still in testing stage the complete testing may take 2-3 years and pakisthan has increased the order to 150 so i think pakisthan will intially get J10A and remaining J10B

What i foresee is that CAC will double the current production (3 ACs a month) by opening second production line as I read it in somewhere in a report. The idea is also reinforced by the fact that PLAAF J-10As will also be taking MLU as J-10B becomes operative. And PAF will customize its FC-20 with western avionics. There are also reports that J-10B will be coming with ToT. So it will be PAF's headache to operate a separate line as CAC production lines will be busy in catering PLAAF and export customers

pakisthan cannot build J10s because it has to first build the JF17 and the production is too low and now pakithan is planning to increase the production but still not sufficient to build J10 because its planning to build 200 JF17 so china has to build J10 for pakisthan for now and there is no TOT of J10Bs .TOT was made only in JF17 and no news of TOT in J10 is made

yes Pakistan is not going to produce the J10 locally, not atleast the first two batches but still getting some system from China mean assurity of maintainance repairs and upgrades can be carriedout locally

pakisthan cannot build J10s because it has to first build the JF17 and the production is too low and now pakithan is planning to increase the production but still not sufficient to build J10 because its planning to build 200 JF17 so china has to build J10 for pakisthan for now and there is no TOT of J10Bs .TOT was made only in JF17 and no news of TOT in J10 is made
JF-17 is already in production and PAC also has other facilities that would be available for additional plane i.e. Mirage rebuild factory and F-6 rebuild factory. these facilities would be of help as the mirages will be phased out so infrastructure would be installed on these to go ahead with FC-20 (feel free to disagree)

JF-17 is already in production and PAC also has other facilities that would be available for additional plane i.e. Mirage rebuild factory and F-6 rebuild factory. these facilities would be of help as the mirages will be phased out so infrastructure would be installed on these to go ahead with FC-20 (feel free to disagree)

these are rebuild factory the cant manufacture a whole plane they are only for overhaul of foreign planes and can only make parts and not a full plane it was build only for maintenance of those mirages and you cant expect to build a whole new plane out of it (stop day dreaming)

till now no news of TOT of J10 is being made if you have some proof show us

the J10B are still in testing stage the complete testing may take 2-3 years and pakisthan has increased the order to 150 so i think pakisthan will intially get J10A and remaining J10B

J-10B is NOT a new plane but a variant of an existing plane. Therefore, it would require much less testing than the original platform since a lot of test data already exists.

Besides, the first test flight supposedly took place in Dec. last year so we are already one year into the testing. Unless, there find some big problems with the design (that cannot be quickly fixed), it is quite possible to see production start from next year.

Secondly, it is extremely unlikely FC-20 will be produced here. We have enough work to do on the JF-17 already. Producing 25-30 planes per year (which is the target) is no joke if you want to maintain your quality standards. Its also helpful to remember that ToT does not mean the plane will be built here. I presume there will be some ToT so maintenance and overhauling could be done here and also some sub-systems will have commonality, at least in design, to the JF-17 so that will be helpful as well.

PAC will have a lot of more priority projects to do than thinking of building the FC-20 here which will require a lot of money to built up the setup. If anything, PAF and PAC will be more interested in the drones that are being built ..i.e to add use load on them. Similarly, being able to overhaul the JF-17 engines should be a big priority. Similarly, the next generation of JF-17 might go for upgrade avionics and radar...that also require expertise.

Finally, not to forget that the AWACS coming from China are coming with a lot of ToT so that will be a major task to absorb and digest all these new projects and technologies. If they are able to do all these tasks simultaneously, it will be nothing sort of marvelous.

Last edited:
J-10B is NOT a new plane but a variant of an existing plane. Therefore, it would require much less testing than the original platform since a lot of test data already exists.

+1

I have some good news...

FC-20 prototype J-10B has passed all of it's technical and aerial trials, proven it's new user interface and suites, and will be coming to the PAF with an advanced Chinese engine which will undergo serial production in 2013. There are only minor delays in a supposed variant of WS-10 which has been tossed, is currently being tested. Airframe is made with more composite materials and the payload has increased. Also CFT's have been successfully tested and will also be a part of the initial 36 FC-20 package which will come with A-2-G and A-2-A munitions such as a new PLAAF ramjet bvr missile and of course SD-10.

Here is the best part... FC-20 is coming with ToT and there will be maintenance facilities and also some production capabilities which will keep this bird in service for at least 30 years.

It is also confirmed baat that FC-20 is not J-10A and China will be undertaking a MLU close to FC-20 standards in about 10 years when the PLAAF will have seriously ramped up J-10 production as they want in ideal terms at least 600 J-10B flying and all their old J-10A will have undergone the same upgrade as PAF's FC-20's except for certain western components which the PAF will supposedly obtain.

Also the RADAR was decided to be a high performing PESA radar rather than AESA which makes sense, as these would increase the cost of each fighter by at least 20-25%. There will already be Chinese awacs providing long range coverage, Pakistan is not the size of the US or Russia so the PAF will 99% not get AESA in FC-20.

It is supposedly going to be marketed against Rafale, Typhoon and other Western 4.5 gen fighters in a way which China says it has not done before and many air forces who would have bought MiG or Lockheed will get J-10A export variants. PAF and PLAAF will be the only nations flying the J-10B for foreseeable future.

http://rupeenews.com/2009/05/08/joi...-as-fc-20s-to-be-operationalized-before-2015/
:coffee: FYI

I have high hope for this AC to be a shining star in the same league of EF, Rafale and Griffon

I have high hope for this AC to be a shining star in the same league of EF, Rafale and Griffon
J-10A? No, more comparable to F-16 block 30 or 40
J-10B? Somewhere in the neighborhood

Gripen should not be mentioned in the same league as EF or Rafale.

J-10A? No, more comparable to F-16 block 30 or 40
J-10B? Somewhere in the neighborhood

Gripen should not be mentioned in the same league as EF or Rafale.

I meant J-10B and probably super ten. I was talking about Griffon NG

Back
Top Bottom