What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

In my opinion China will hold world economy in coming decade, the reason is that Chian has launched its cheap product by careful analysis of the countries infact they introduced products in relation to the buying power of the people, for every social set up of every country... In pakistan every where China da Maal is being sold it seems that in Eid ul Azha, Chinese Bakraaz will be introduced..:D
:rofl:
will our Mullahs will validate them as hilal...:woot::woot::azn:

I have some good news...

FC-20 prototype J-10B has passed all of it's technical and aerial trials, proven it's new user interface and suites, and will be coming to the PAF with an advanced Chinese engine which will undergo serial production in 2013. There are only minor delays in a supposed variant of WS-10 which has been tossed, is currently being tested. Airframe is made with more composite materials and the payload has increased. Also CFT's have been successfully tested and will also be a part of the initial 36 FC-20 package which will come with A-2-G and A-2-A munitions such as a new PLAAF ramjet bvr missile and of course SD-10.

Here is the best part... FC-20 is coming with ToT and there will be maintenance facilities and also some production capabilities which will keep this bird in service for at least 30 years.

It is also confirmed baat that FC-20 is not J-10A and China will be undertaking a MLU close to FC-20 standards in about 10 years when the PLAAF will have seriously ramped up J-10 production as they want in ideal terms at least 600 J-10B flying and all their old J-10A will have undergone the same upgrade as PAF's FC-20's except for certain western components which the PAF will supposedly obtain.

Also the RADAR was decided to be a high performing PESA radar rather than AESA which makes sense, as these would increase the cost of each fighter by at least 20-25%. There will already be Chinese awacs providing long range coverage, Pakistan is not the size of the US or Russia so the PAF will 99% not get AESA in FC-20.

It is supposedly going to be marketed against Rafale, Typhoon and other Western 4.5 gen fighters in a way which China says it has not done before and many air forces who would have bought MiG or Lockheed will get J-10A export variants. PAF and PLAAF will be the only nations flying the J-10B for foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Sources are not official PLAAF or PAF but certain information presented has been leaked from PLAAF. Take them at face value or don't.

I am also assuming FC-20 upgrades like IRST and other capabilities will be seen on a JF-17 future block upgrade along with airframe enhancements, radar and suites upgrade.Supposedly that is going to take place halfway through production probably 5-8 years after induction of first squadron.

Here is the best part... FC-20 is coming with ToT and there will be maintenance facilities and also some production capabilities which will keep this bird in service for at least 30 years.
I think I heard it as well in moin ansari's column. Yap you are right J-10A will be exported after modifications not J10B. J-10B makes sense for PAF as it shares a lot with Thunder and the F-16 look also indicates PAF help. But if PAF is gonna have it with ToT then what about this
5bd53e93c08cb9f0238d73dfb8aec073.jpg

Very beautiful bird, and would look nice in Pakistan colors , when are pakistan expected to get the 36 J10's they would definitly be a great lead fighter in squadrons with JF17 Thunders offering support roles

It all makes sense greatly

I have some good news...

FC-20 prototype J-10B has passed all of it's technical and aerial trials, proven it's new user interface and suites, and will be coming to the PAF with an advanced Chinese engine which will undergo serial production in 2013. There are only minor delays in a supposed variant of WS-10 which has been tossed, is currently being tested. Airframe is made with more composite materials and the payload has increased. Also CFT's have been successfully tested and will also be a part of the initial 36 FC-20 package which will come with A-2-G and A-2-A munitions such as a new PLAAF ramjet bvr missile and of course SD-10.

It is also confirmed baat that FC-20 is not J-10A and China will be undertaking a MLU close to FC-20 standards in about 10 years when the PLAAF will have seriously ramped up J-10 production as they want in ideal terms at least 600 J-10B flying and all their old J-10A will have undergone the same upgrade as PAF's FC-20's except for certain western components which the PAF will supposedly obtain.

Also the RADAR was decided to be a high performing PESA radar rather than AESA which makes sense, as these would increase the cost of each fighter by at least 20-25%. There will already be Chinese awacs providing long range coverage, Pakistan is not the size of the US or Russia so the PAF will 99% not get AESA in FC-20.

It is supposedly going to be marketed against Rafale, Typhoon and other Western 4.5 gen fighters in a way which China says it has not done before and many air forces who would have bought MiG or Lockheed will get J-10A export variants. PAF and PLAAF will be the only nations flying the J-10B for foreseeable future.
Most of what you mentioned here seems quite possible, other than ToT, of course. But when you think about it, even ToT doesn't seem too improbable, I mean this is a Sino-Pak deal we're talking about, if the ZDK-03 AWACs can come with ToT, why not the FC-20. I guess that your sources are close to the mark, if not on it.

What added credibility to your information was the bit regarding PESA vs AESA for the FC-20. It makes sense for the PESA to be integrated, at least for now. AESA could be a possible addition down the road, since the Chinese claim to be very close to AESA production for fighter aircraft, but the technology is currently probably not mature enough. Which brings me to the engine. That was the most doubtful part of your report. I don't know how far the Chinese are on engine development, but I thought the first true Chinese turbofan engines won't be ready until around 2014.

In any case, thanks for the information. We'll get a much better picture of what the FC-20 will be when concrete information re: the J-10B is available.

Edit
Missed the part about the Ramjet BVR AAM (thanks ice_man). Would definitely wait for more news on that too.

Last edited:
@Kharian

you mentioned a ramjet capable BVR what is the nae specifications of it any idea...what you said i wish icuold take it at face value but i have taken too much at face value on this forum only to find out it was someone's wishful thinking.....9 i mean no disrespect bro but this usually what happens)

and when will the PAF pilots get strapped up first time in a FC-20 seat for trial and evaluation anytime frame....like the time frame that by 2013 we will have 36 J-10Bs

I have a sneaky feeling about the PAF's decision to acquire block 52. I can assure you one thing that PAF will acquire whatever available from US.I feel something.....can disclose here.... too sensitive

Pakistan will most likely be the only foreign nation to be able to purchase the J-10B.

Pakistan will most likely be the only foreign nation to be able to purchase the J-10B.

Yeah, but we are waiting for it with new wngine (W-10) and AESA or PESA radar.

At the moment no one knows abt its specs n ability.

Hi,

Pak china relationship is heading towards the u s / britain like relationship when it comes to millitary hardware---it is a big big step for china to start sharing its top notch aircraft with pak air force---but then paf have also done their bit to deserve the procurement. Without the paf's indulgence, there maynot have been an J 10B / FC 20 in the making---.

Assets and abilities will become known when the planes are in the delivery mode.

can anyone explain about the J10 B generation ? its 4.5 or 4 ?

Back
Top Bottom