What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

hmmm so j10 here checking its TVC engine..nice plz put some videos in which j10 is shown using its nozel.:smitten:

Don't think it has anything to do with TVC.

AFTI/F-16 Spin chute close-up

A close-up photo of the spin chute mounted on the rear fuselage of the AFTI F-16, a safety device designed to prevent the loss of aircraft in spin conditions. Under some circumstances, pilots cannot recover from spins using normal controls. It these instances, the spin chute is deployed, thus "breaking" the spin and enabling the pilot to recover. The spin chute is held in a metal cylinder attached to the AFTI F-16 by four tubes, a structure strong enough to withstand the shock of the spin chute opening. Unlike the air probe in the last photo, spin chutes are not standard equipment on research or prototype aircraft but are commonly attached expressly for actual spin tests.
F-16AFTI ECN-22193: AFTI/F-16 Spin chute close-up

I have some good news...

FC-20 prototype J-10B has passed all of it's technical and aerial trials, proven it's new user interface and suites, and will be coming to the PAF with an advanced Chinese engine which will undergo serial production in 2013. There are only minor delays in a supposed variant of WS-10 which has been tossed, is currently being tested. Airframe is made with more composite materials and the payload has increased. Also CFT's have been successfully tested and will also be a part of the initial 36 FC-20 package which will come with A-2-G and A-2-A munitions such as a new PLAAF ramjet bvr missile and of course SD-10.

Here is the best part... FC-20 is coming with ToT and there will be maintenance facilities and also some production capabilities which will keep this bird in service for at least 30 years.

It is also confirmed baat that FC-20 is not J-10A and China will be undertaking a MLU close to FC-20 standards in about 10 years when the PLAAF will have seriously ramped up J-10 production as they want in ideal terms at least 600 J-10B flying and all their old J-10A will have undergone the same upgrade as PAF's FC-20's except for certain western components which the PAF will supposedly obtain.

Also the RADAR was decided to be a high performing PESA radar rather than AESA which makes sense, as these would increase the cost of each fighter by at least 20-25%. There will already be Chinese awacs providing long range coverage, Pakistan is not the size of the US or Russia so the PAF will 99% not get AESA in FC-20.

It is supposedly going to be marketed against Rafale, Typhoon and other Western 4.5 gen fighters in a way which China says it has not done before and many air forces who would have bought MiG or Lockheed will get J-10A export variants. PAF and PLAAF will be the only nations flying the J-10B for foreseeable future.

This is indeed encouraging but seriously i am little skeptical about that Engine thing which you mentioned here.

Don,t be surprised if PAF cut the Thunders nos to 150 max and inducts far more J10s from 2016 onwards.

The J10/FC20 has the look and feel of a true 4 gen fighter. Its design looks very aerodynamic similar to Typhoon and those canards add a feel for true 4.5 gen fighter.

I firml;y believe china,s missles and radar tech in 5 years will match Russia,s and Europe/west. They are stil behind in engine tech though stil relying on Russian engines for most of their fighters including Thunder

If the chinease succesfully build their own TVC engine by 2016-2020 then PAF will have the ready made answer to su30mki at under $40m each.

Don,t be surprised if PAF cut the Thunders nos to 150 max and inducts far more J10s from 2016 onwards.

The J10/FC20 has the look and feel of a true 4 gen fighter. Its design looks very aerodynamic similar to Typhoon and those canards add a feel for true 4.5 gen fighter.

I firml;y believe china,s missles and radar tech in 5 years will match Russia,s and Europe/west. They are stil behind in engine tech though stil relying on Russian engines for most of their fighters including Thunder

If the chinease succesfully build their own TVC engine by 2016-2020 then PAF will have the ready made answer to su30mki at under $40m each.

I think Thunder number has been fixed at 250 for now and will remain so. As far as FC-20 is concerned it is still not there mean it is under development whereas Thunders are in production. Now as FC-20 goes through various stages of production Thunder will be moving from one block to another. PAF has a urgent requirement for a work horse; a plane capable enough to be depend on and cheap enough to be inducted in numbers. JF-17 Thunder fit perfectly in this role whereas FC-20 is next big thing after Block 52 F-16s...so naturally PAF will procure them in small batches over a large number of time to keep budgetary constraints under control.

I think Thunder number has been fixed at 250 for now and will remain so. As far as FC-20 is concerned it is still not there mean it is under development whereas Thunders are in production. Now as FC-20 goes through various stages of production Thunder will be moving from one block to another. PAF has a urgent requirement for a work horse; a plane capable enough to be depend on and cheap enough to be inducted in numbers. JF-17 Thunder fit perfectly in this role whereas FC-20 is next big thing after Block 52 F-16s...so naturally PAF will procure them in small batches over a large number of time to keep budgetary constraints under control.

Hi Pakshaheen.The current order for the JF-17 stands at 150 for now, production of which will continue till 2015. The eventual requirement is stated to be at 250-300 but no firm orders have been made. So there is still an opportunity for the PAF to cut down JF-17 orders and order more J-10B's, if it is feels the need to do so and are impressed with the J-10B, the first of which should be delivered to the PAF around 2014.

JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi Pakshaheen.The current order for the JF-17 stands at 150 for now, production of which will continue till 2015. The eventual requirement is stated to be at 250-300 but no firm orders have been made. So there is still an opportunity for the PAF to cut down JF-17 orders and order more J-10B's, if it is feels the need to do so and are impressed with the J-10B, the first of which should be delivered to the PAF around 2014.

JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can even tell you that 150 are not confirmed yet lol. Only 42 are confirmed to complete first batch. Please stay away from Wiki as much as possible

I can even tell you that 150 are not confirmed yet lol. Only 42 are confirmed to complete first batch. Please stay away from Wiki as much as possible

I Think Thunder will be evolved to Grippen standards and J-10B to Typhoon. That will make PAF a deadly force :bunny:

J10S_Unknown_1.jpg
[/IMG]
J10S_Unknown_2.jpg
[/IMG]
J10S_Unknown_3.jpg
[/IMG]
J10S_Aug1stDisplayTeam.jpg
[/IMG]

Don't think it has anything to do with TVC.

then how an aircraft can spin flat.?
when aircraft do extra ordianry manuevers,then chances r high for uncontrollable spins.to avoid this,testing PT r fitted with spin chuts so they recover the spin and dont cauze a loss of PT.
thats why they r not fitted in ordinary birds.ive seen a program on it on Discovery:azn::bunny:
thats why that j10 is fitted with a chute cuz it is doing somthing unusual,clear from the pic,full after burn with blue flame,vertical climbing and LE Flaps r deployed:azn::china:

then how an aircraft can spin flat.?
when aircraft do extra ordianry manuevers,then chances r high for uncontrollable spins.to avoid this,testing PT r fitted with spin chuts so they recover the spin and dont cauze a loss of PT.
thats why they r not fitted in ordinary birds.ive seen a program on it on Discovery:azn::bunny:
thats why that j10 is fitted with a chute cuz it is doing somthing unusual,clear from the pic,full after burn with blue flame,vertical climbing and LE Flaps r deployed:azn::china:

Yeah but that is one condition of it not the only one. Me and Fennecus posted two pics of US jets with Spin Chuts none of them has TVC with their engine. So what is the point of testing it there?
And please read below text i posted above once again...
A close-up photo of the spin chute mounted on the rear fuselage of the AFTI F-16, a safety device designed to prevent the loss of aircraft in spin conditions. Under some circumstances, pilots cannot recover from spins using normal controls. It these instances, the spin chute is deployed, thus "breaking" the spin and enabling the pilot to recover. The spin chute is held in a metal cylinder attached to the AFTI F-16 by four tubes, a structure strong enough to withstand the shock of the spin chute opening. Unlike the air probe in the last photo, spin chutes are not standard equipment on research or prototype aircraft but are commonly attached expressly for actual spin tests.

I think I heard it as well in moin ansari's column. Yap you are right J-10A will be exported after modifications not J10B. J-10B makes sense for PAF as it shares a lot with Thunder and the F-16 look also indicates PAF help. But if PAF is gonna have it with ToT then what about this
5bd53e93c08cb9f0238d73dfb8aec073.jpg

so,what is that ? that's not true ,false

:blah:

Back
Top Bottom