What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

is j10 a 5th generation aircraft..??

NO. It's a true multirole 4th generation jet fighter,being upgraded upto the level of a 4.5th generation.

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

Can u plz clear the diff between gen 4 and gen 4.5 Aircrafts.
Thanks.

Mainly,
4th Gen.

-BVR
-IFR
-TVC (Optional)
-FBW
-Data Link
-ECM Suite
-Super Sonic

4.5 Gen
(All what 4th gen need plus following)
-Super cruise
-AESA Radar
-Super Maneuverability (with or without TVC)
-Increased Stealth / RCS reduction
-Composites
-Advanced ECM/ECCM
etc. etc.

Mainly,
4th Gen.

-BVR
-IFR
-TVC (Optional)
-FBW
-Data Link
-ECM Suite
-Super Sonic

4.5 Gen
(All what 4th gen need plus following)
-Super cruise
-AESA Radar
-Super Maneuverability (with or without TVC)
-Increased Stealth / RCS reduction
-Composites
-Advanced ECM/ECCM
etc. etc.

I think this configuration is of 4.5++ rather than 4.5

i think it's not really nessecary to seperate 4.5 or 4.5+ or 4.5++
they are basicly not much difference so it's meaning less to compare them
and a lot of time it's only because of personal feeling makes it one + or two +
:no::no::no::no:

there is no concrete specs mention for differentiating between what you call 4.5 nad 4.5++. basically it is just like if it is good 4.5 generation plane people mentioned it as 4.5+!! no realy difference can be pointed on basis of spec. the main features of the 4.5 generation plane are actualy rightly mentioned by Mr. PakSaheen and that is what it is, nothing more nothng less...
J10 at them moment in a good 4 th generaation plane and upgradation to 4.5 generation is being worked on. if you see the J10B it is actually a step forward toward that mark and we may see a 4.5 generation plane in shape of the FC20!

regards!

J10#1003 is a testing bird

When the airplane enters the tail spin time, turns on the tail spin recovery umbrella. The airplane recovers the tail spin under umbrella's function to use

all new birds must do this testing before the Initial Operational Capability (IOC)

thanks for explaining it...

regards!

J10 at them moment in a good 4 th generaation plane and upgradation to 4.5 generation is being worked on. if you see the J10B it is actually a step forward toward that mark and we may see a 4.5 generation plane in shape of the FC20!

regards!
I think we would be able to comment on it as the configurations come out.............

I think we would be able to comment on it as the configurations come out.............

the specs of J10 are know and the plane is a fourth generation plane!
the upgradation in J10B such as ECM systems and DSI intakes are concidered a step toward the 4.5 generation version...
yes we dont know the specs of FC20 but as rumored, AESA radar, TV technology and SC makes it a 4.5 generation plane. although you are right that we can not confirm it as far as the plane rolls out but this is what the news repots claim!!

regards!

I posted difference based on induction of technologies in two categories. If we go by your logic, then there will be no difference between 4th and 4.5th gen fighter as you have exclude almost all new technologies from the list. Reduction in RCS is nothing new. AESA, Super Cruise are new tech thing. Hope you understand now.

BTW, What 4.5++ thing is? Any example with specs.

I posted difference based on induction of technologies in two categories. If we go by your logic, then there will be no difference between 4th and 4.5th gen fighter as you have exclude almost all new technologies from the list. Reduction in RCS is nothing new. AESA, Super Cruise are new tech thing. Hope you understand now.

What i ve read about 4.5++ on different forums is that this configuration is really closed to a fifth generation fighter with 4.5++ configuration.....IMHO the only thing left out is stealth design like raptor......At current MKI, SH ,Strike Eagles,Grippen and Viper D, Alongwith Mig-29 OVT,SU-30,J-11 and J-10B can be considered 4.5 Gen Aircrafts where as Grippen NG, Typhoon, Rafale, are 4.5++ and Desert falcons,SU-35 and Mig-35 can be considered 4.5+ class Aircraft.....feel free to disagree

spot on friend!!
it is just a way to differ beteen a good 4.5 generation plane and an average 4.5 generation plane. it is nothing theoratical. as far as i get it both these have the same specs, the ones you mentioned earlier, the difference is how good are there systems and this makes people call them 4.5, 4.5+ or 4.5++ and so on...
i agree with the spec you mentioned for 4.5 in gernal!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom