What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Usman Shabbir on PakDef confirmed that the J-10B airframe will be used for FC-20. The question I guess is on the radar, avionics, ECM/EW and weapon-systems.

1. IMO it's clear that JF-17 and FC-20 will use the same set of A2A and A2G weapon-systems. If Pakistan were to cooperate with South Africa & Europe in this regard, then I would rule out Chinese-systems.

2. The radar could require a lot more guessing. The PAF is clear on using AESA with JF-17, and will acquire ToT for any radar it chooses (for domestic production & development). It's possible that FC-20 may use an AESA radar from the same core-provider, or maybe Pakistan will develop one in cooperation with China/Italy-U.K.

3. I expect ECM/EW will be approached in the same manner as radar, though we may see more cooperation with Turkey in this regard.

4. Avionics will likely be developed & produced in Pakistan.

Keep in mind that the PAF has set a figure of 60~150 FC-20s in the long-run.

Wow that should clear alot of things from my head.
Thats what i was wondering and hoping for the PAF. IMO a chinese version of FC-20 wont be such a competitive 4.5 generation fighter as most of their top notch R&D are concentrated for "domestic" production.
I also hope to add another Technology provider "South Korea" for FC-20 and JF-17 program. Recently they have developed ECM technology which has been offered to pakistan and i think without hesitation we should ask for co operations.
During IDAS defense exhibition, PAF did show alot of interests on western weapon systems such as Meteor and i wonder if that could likely be primary AAM for FC-20?
As for the AESA radar for JF-17. Do you think PAF is perhaps looking forward to integrating right after delivery of 50 Chinese version or after the contract of 150?

17d47702c60b884fc2aba6e911ce952d.jpg

49fb3c7b4599dbaac4ac902f164e4b33.jpg

9850d68b01620711268835dfb9ec2252.jpg

9b602fd07731ea0ddcffca9c9b4050c6.jpg

:azn:

Here more indications/evidence that PAF will be getting the J-10B.

China's AVIC steps up sales push for FC-1, J-10 fighters

By Siva Govindasamy

China plans to market the Chengdu FC-1/JF-17 and J-10 fighters aggressively as part of its plan to become a major player in the global aerospace industry.

"While AVIC's main job is to manufacture aircraft, the company also fulfils a national agenda by producing military aircraft for China's political allies around the world," says a source close to Chengdu's state-owned parent company. "There are also countries that would like to buy a good fighter, but not at the cost of a Western fighter.

"While China's military aircraft have been exported for many years, this is the first time that there is a concerted effort to properly market them and establish a support network," the source adds.

In the past few months, senior company officials have been identifying the military products that will be given the most attention for the export market. In the fighter segment, the JF-17 and the J-10 are the two most important aircraft, says the source.

"Given that the JF-17 has been in service in China and Pakistan for a number of years and is a mature programme, it is being given first priority," the source adds.

Islamabad, which helped to develop the JF-17, has committed to buying 150 aircraft produced by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. This figure could rise to 300 aircraft to replace the country's air force fleets of Nanchang A-5s, Chengdu F-7s and Dassault Mirage III and Mirage Vs.

The JF-17 will be able to carry a variety of conventional and precision-guided bombs, and air-to-air and air-to-sea missiles from short- to beyond-visual-range. The type is already being marketed to countries in Africa, the Middle East, South America and South-East Asia.

"The J-10 is not ready for export yet, as AVIC is still finalising upgrades for the fighter," the source says. "But there has been interest from several countries."

AVIC is likely to begin exports of the new type - which entered Chinese air force service in early 2007 - after it has finished developing an upgraded J-10B version. Enhancements are to include a modified vertical stabiliser and ventral fins, redesigned engine inlet, a new radar and an infrared search and track sensor.

Pakistan is likely to be the first export customer, having begun negotiations to buy 36 aircraft several years ago. To be designated locally as FC-20s, deliveries are likely to begin from 2014-15.

Beijing could extend loans to purchasing countries and offer local assembly if there are sufficient orders, the source adds.

well that shows they have finished or completed the J10B.......sounds really cool if it is....it also helps Pakistan to catch :yahoo: these beauties little early.....

well that shows they have finished or completed the J10B.......sounds really cool if it is....it also helps Pakistan to catch :yahoo: these beauties little early.....
it has happened months ago in 2008 they had done this but it is in testing, system integration mode so dont expect it soon. PAF will get it even later as it plans to induct western systems in the Aircraft

it has happened months ago in 2008 they had done this but it is in testing, system integration mode so dont expect it soon. PAF will get it even later as it plans to induct western systems in the Aircraft

I don't think so. China will not allow that so easily man. Plus PAF did gave them a cushion of time period so that they can check and mature their systems.

I don't think so. China will not allow that so easily man. Plus PAF did gave them a cushion of time period so that they can check and mature their systems.
well why China would not Allowthat? FC-20 will be customized for PAF just like JF-17 which will feature western systems in later block China will have to compete for tech as they successfully did in JF-17 case

well why China would not Allowthat? FC-20 will be customized for PAF just like JF-17 which will feature western systems in later block China will have to compete for tech as they successfully did in JF-17 case

Maybe because unlike JF-17, J-10 is not a joint venture between Pakistan and China and being the front line fighter jet, Chinese maybe a bit reluctant to expose their jet to western technology. On the other hand looking at the past,i don't feel that the idea of inducting western technology is far fetched.

On a side note the way Chinese are making progress imo Pakistan wont find a need to go for western technology as far as J-10 is concerned.

Because PAF has set its requirements and Chinese have assured they will meet them by 2014-15. Secondly, it is not confirm if China will sell these with permission to be updated with Western tech.

Customized mean not necessarily to have Western systems.

Because PAF has set its requirements and Chinese have assured they will meet them by 2014-15. Secondly, it is not confirm if China will sell these with permission to be updated with Western tech.

Customized mean not necessarily to have Western systems.
they should not have any reservations as we will be integrating western avionics in FC-20 just like we did in F-7PG. Remember Pakistan will be manufacturing these in Pakistan under ToT if it heads with the decision. We will not be handing over our ACs to westerns. As PAF will be inducting possible french avionics in Thunder so it will have the opportunity to do the same with FC-20

they should not have any reservations as we will be integrating western avionics in FC-20 just like we did in F-7PG. Remember Pakistan will be manufacturing these in Pakistan under ToT if it heads with the decision. We will not be handing over our ACs to westerns. As PAF will be inducting possible french avionics in Thunder so it will have the opportunity to do the same with FC-20

Dear FC-20 and J-10 have nothing to do with F-7PG. That was some 40 year old design whereas J-10 is pride of China. Taking nothing away from Western avionics let me tell you one thing straight PAF will only let FC-20 inducted once it meet requirements set by PAF. Just look at deliver time... What you think where Chinese avionics will be at that time. I will not surprised if FC-20 comes with a Chinese AESA by then.

Dear FC-20 and J-10 have nothing to do with F-7PG. That was some 40 year old design whereas J-10 is pride of China.
I was quoting F-7PG as an example
Taking nothing away from Western avionics let me tell you one thing straight PAF will only let FC-20 inducted once it meet requirements set by PAF. Just look at deliver time... What you think where Chinese avionics will be at that time. I will not surprised if FC-20 comes with a Chinese AESA by then.
it may also be die to the reason that by then we would have integrated European avionics in Thunder so that we would be able to decide whether we want to induct these or Chinese Avionics on FC-20

(if this has been posted then delete this post please ) exept for the pics at the bottom of my post

China Defense Blog: J-10B for Pakistan

This article confirms what we already know for some time – the Pakistan Air Force is interested in J-10B instead of the standard J-10 variant currently in service with the PLAAF.

DATE:30/09/09
SOURCE:Flight International
By Siva Govindasamy

China plans to market the Chengdu FC-1/JF-17 and J-10 fighters aggressively as part of its plan to become a major player in the global aerospace industry.

"While AVIC's main job is to manufacture aircraft, the company also fulfils a national agenda by producing military aircraft for China's political allies around the world," says a source close to Chengdu's state-owned parent company. "There are also countries that would like to buy a good fighter, but not at the cost of a Western fighter.

"While China's military aircraft have been exported for many years, this is the first time that there is a concerted effort to properly market them and establish a support network," the source adds.

In the past few months, senior company officials have been identifying the military products that will be given the most attention for the export market. In the fighter segment, the JF-17 and the J-10 are the two most important aircraft, says the source.

"Given that the JF-17 has been in service in China and Pakistan for a number of years and is a mature programme, it is being given first priority," the source adds.

Islamabad, which helped to develop the JF-17, has committed to buying 150 aircraft produced by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. This figure could rise to 300 aircraft to replace the country's air force fleets of Nanchang A-5s, Chengdu F-7s and Dassault Mirage III and Mirage Vs.

The JF-17 will be able to carry a variety of conventional and precision-guided bombs, and air-to-air and air-to-sea missiles from short- to beyond-visual-range. The type is already being marketed to countries in Africa, the Middle East, South America and South-East Asia.

"The J-10 is not ready for export yet, as AVIC is still finalising upgrades for the fighter," the source says. "But there has been interest from several countries."

AVIC is likely to begin exports of the new type - which entered Chinese air force service in early 2007 - after it has finished developing an upgraded J-10B version. Enhancements are to include a modified vertical stabiliser and ventral fins, redesigned engine inlet, a new radar and an infrared search and track sensor.
Pakistan is likely to be the first export customer, having begun negotiations to buy 36 aircraft several years ago. To be designated locally as FC-20s, deliveries are likely to begin from 2014-15.

Beijing could extend loans to purchasing countries and offer local assembly if there are sufficient orders, the source adds.

here are some recent pics of the J-10B

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3wZSwFvZz...s/aw6C2PDo4Oo/s1600/j10b-1254313327_79489.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3wZSwFvZz...k/CZSWtXI6Xz8/s1600/j10b-1254313327_48772.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3wZSwFvZz...c/kJFIBviFkMc/s1600/j10b-1254313327_32794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom