What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Why would some one tell about RCS figure? c'mon i was n't expecting this:coffee:
PAF will be acquiring FC-20 with AESA sir so it is not a problem and yes Chinese would know as much about the BL-60 as US about J-10B or J-11B so the comparison is generally on the bases of features and similarities in real sense no two planes can be compared do they?

I think RCS of many fighter jets are documented now. I was trying to get a general idea. As far as getting FC-20 with AESA, I second that.

Well, all the features are Block-60 are available but J-10B is still in testing so i don't think it is wise for comparing it with something like F-16 Block60. We even don't know about true specifications of J-10B as yet.

I think RCS of many fighter jets are documented now. I was trying to get a general idea. As far as getting FC-20 with AESA, I second that.

Well, all the features are Block-60 are available but J-10B is still in testing so i don't think it is wise for comparing it with something like F-16 Block60. We even don't know about true specifications of J-10B as yet.

the specs that are available are generally of export models Chinese will never reveal the true specs of J-10B mark my words

the specs that are available are generally of export models Chinese will never reveal the true specs of J-10B mark my words

J-10B is a export product so i would rather expect Chinese to over hype the capabilities then to hide it in order to generate alot of export.

J-10B is a export product so i would rather expect Chinese to over hype the capabilities then to hide it in order to generate alot of export.

J-10B: An upgraded variant of J-10. Existence is not confirmed by official Chinese sources but numerous images of a new J-10 variant have appeared, showing a prototype J-10 modified with a diverterless supersonic intake (DSI), an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser and ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings and a modified nose that could indicate a new type of radar.[26][27] This variant may be the same aircraft as "Super-10", a variant reported by Russian sources in January 2006 to be under development and incorporating a passive phased array (PESA) radar, stronger airframe and the Saturn AL-31FN M1 turbofan engine with 3D thrust vector control (TVC).
export variants are usually watered down

the QUESTION is that, what we are doing on this , great project, i mean not from the chinese side, but from PAF side, what kind of work we are doing to make it , 4 star fighter?

the QUESTION is that, what we are doing on this , great project, i mean not from the chinese side, but from PAF side, what kind of work we are doing to make it , 4 star fighter?

nothing but ordering... and i am serious.. however... JF-17 has alot of our own indigenous inputs.

export variants are usually watered down

So you are trying to tell that F-16 Block 60s are watered downed? R u serious....:azn:?

To me it all depends what ur customer wants.... JXX is now something secret in China not J-10 and its variants.

So you are trying to tell that F-16 Block 60s are watered downed? R u serious....:azn:?

To me it all depends what ur customer wants.... JXX is now something secret in China not J-10 and its variants.

Please remember that F16 block 60 is the first and ONLY exception ... it even says so in its info bulletins.

Generally, Export variants are watered down ... you cannot build upon an exception and say that the "rule" doesn't exist ... consider an exception as an exception.

Please remember that F16 block 60 is the first and ONLY exception ... it even says so in its info bulletins.

Generally, Export variants are watered down ... you cannot build upon an exception and say that the "rule" doesn't exist ... consider an exception as an exception.

Why can't Pakistan can be one such exception for Chinese products. Ever heard BVR AAM coming with Thunders. It is prime project of Chinese and they spend well over 10 years in its developments and straightaway it is coming to PAF.:azn:

Why can't Pakistan can be one such exception for Chinese products. Ever heard BVR AAM coming with Thunders. It is prime project of Chinese and they spend well over 10 years in its developments and straightaway it is coming to PAF.:azn:

F-7PGs offered to Pakistan were at higher tech level than F-7s used by PLAAF at that time and FC-20 will be based on J-10B or even upgraded J-10B so expect the same thing again:azn:

indigenous inputs referred to may include the hundred or so PAF engineers that were actively involved in the design process.

F-7PGs offered to Pakistan were at higher tech level than F-7s used by PLAAF at that time and FC-20 will be based on J-10B or even upgraded J-10B so expect the same thing again:azn:

Mind you F-7 is a freaking 40+ years old plane... and now after 30 years China decides to modify it for "export"... mind you bangladesh have got the same variant as well..
as for J-10.... like i have said before.. China never gives their new products straight away... they make you wait for some time.... and plus.. like F-7PG.... FC-20 is a export product... so basically.. china has two production line.. one for domestic use and other for export.

Usman Shabbir on PakDef confirmed that the J-10B airframe will be used for FC-20. The question I guess is on the radar, avionics, ECM/EW and weapon-systems.

1. IMO it's clear that JF-17 and FC-20 will use the same set of A2A and A2G weapon-systems. If Pakistan were to cooperate with South Africa & Europe in this regard, then I would rule out Chinese-systems.

2. The radar could require a lot more guessing. The PAF is clear on using AESA with JF-17, and will acquire ToT for any radar it chooses (for domestic production & development). It's possible that FC-20 may use an AESA radar from the same core-provider, or maybe Pakistan will develop one in cooperation with China/Italy-U.K.

3. I expect ECM/EW will be approached in the same manner as radar, though we may see more cooperation with Turkey in this regard.

4. Avionics will likely be developed & produced in Pakistan.

Keep in mind that the PAF has set a figure of 60~150 FC-20s in the long-run.

Back
Top Bottom