What's new

Chaudhry Rehmat Ali: ‘He coined the word Pakistan, we forgot to mention him in history’

Jinnah alone did not create Pakistan “with the help of his secretary and typewriter" ......... However when he started to re-organize the Muslim League in 1941, He only had a type writer and an assistant ........ Unfortunately , It was pretty much a "one man show" [or at least it was made to appear so]...... We lost everything when Jinnah died and our country was taken over by a bunch of opportunists.....

I believe that Allamah Mashriqi , Rahmat Ali and many others played a very important role in the Independence Movement , But the names of all those who were against Jinnah (for any reason) were deliberately omitted from the books of history .......

I wonder why Sir Chaudhry Zafrullah khan's name was erased from the Pakistan movement, eve though Jinnah sahib referred to him as his son? Nowadays, I see young Pakistanis running around calling Sir Zafrullah a traitor etc. Surely, the establishment erased only the names of the people who did not fit its geo political thinking on certain issues.

Ch. Rehmat Ali was a religious bigot , his idea of Pakstan was that of an "Islamic Theocracy" ...... Jinnah didn`t agree with Rahmat`s ideology ..... Rahmat did not agree with Jinnah and his vision .......... Some times reading history is "helpful" my friend ;)

you should start reading asap. :lol:

What dispute? Infact Pakistani children books teach wrong history of Iqbal dreaming about Pakistan and next day telling Jinnah about it. Iqbal probably was never in favor separate country, not to forget he didnt include Kashmir in NW state.

So when everyone was thinking about being with Bharat, Rehmat dreamed big long before anyone else did.

there are about 88 people who presented the idea of homeland for muslims in subcontinent from 1857 to 1947. so I guess lets not be over simplified.

you should start reading asap.

Meray Bhai read the biography of Ch. Rahmat Ali by K.K. Aziz and you may find out that what is being told to you is actually true ...

Interviews with landlady and housekeeper-secretary of Rahmat Ali , conducted by Dr Taufiq Shelley in 1970-71, yielded that Rahmat Ali was a devout pious Muslim who along with a few compatriots had been secretly and secretively very active as a pamphleteer from England creating and spreading among India’s Muslims a radical Islamist ideology for Pakistan .

Rahmat Ali was vituperative in his bigotry against Hindus, referring to the Indian nationalist movement as a “British-Banya alliance” presumably in reference to MK Gandhi’s caste. He even declined to refer to an “India” as having ever existed at all and instead personally renamed the entire subcontinent as “Dinia”, and the oceans and the seas around India as the “Pakian Sea”, the “Osmanian Sea” etc. He urged Sikhs to rise up against the Hindus in a “Sikhistan” (and might have interacted with Master Tara Singh), and indeed urged all of India’s peoples who were not Hindus to rise up in war against Hindus. Given the obscurity of the facts of his life before his arrival at Emmanuel College, what experiences may have led him to such extreme bigotry towards Hindus are not known.

Indeed Rahmat Ali’s views against Hindus may be classified with those of other bigoted views at the time such as those against Jews or against Muslims, which may all well have been examples or models or counterfoils for one another in the crank fringes of rival ideological movements at the time.

The anti-Hindu bigotry of Rahmat Ali’s views would explain why they were anathema to Jinnah, the secular-minded constitutionalist. Like other Muslim nationalists of his time such as Attaturk, Nasser, Mossadeq or even Saud himself, Jinnah would have been embarrassed to be promoting a reactionary Islamic imperialism in that modernising era that was the middle of the 20th century.

Also Iqbal did not see such a Muslim state being theocratic and certainly not one filled with anti-Hindu bigotry:

“A community which is inspired by feelings of ill-will towards other communities is low and ignoble. I entertain the highest respect for the customs, laws, religious and social institutions of other communities… Yet I love the communal group which is the source of my life and my behaviour… Nor should the Hindus fear that the creation of autonomous Muslim states will mean the introduction of a kind of religious rule in such states… I therefore demand the formation of a consolidated Muslim state in the best interests of India and Islam. For India it means security and peace resulting from an internal balance of power, for Islam an opportunity to rid itself of the stamp that Arabian Imperialism was forced to give it, to mobilise its law, its education, its culture, and to bring them into closer contact with its own original spirit and the spirit of modern times”.

@Leader
Bhai sahib , the Pakistan of Jinnah and Iqbal was totally different from what Rahmat Ali wanted ....

Shunned by the officialdom of the new country which now carried the name he had invented, Rahmat Ali died in poverty and obscurity in England during an influenza epidemic in 1951; the Master of Emmanuel College paid for his funeral and was later reimbursed for this by the Government of Pakistan.

In recent years Rahmat Ali has been undergoing a restoration, and his grave at Cambridge has become a site of pilgrimage today for Pakistan’s Islamist ideologues, while his maps, writings and rantings have been reprinted in, e.g., The Nation newspaper in Pakistan as recently as February 2005.

I wonder why Sir Chaudhry Zafrullah khan's name was erased from the Pakistan movement, eve though Jinnah sahib referred to him as his son? Nowadays, I see young Pakistanis running around calling Sir Zafrullah a traitor etc. Surely, the establishment erased only the names of the people who did not fit its geo political thinking on certain issues.

Ulema and Pakistan Movement | Page 2

Seriously? do Pakistanis have time to read History when there is no bread & butter there are other problems being faced such as poverty the biggest of all and we Pakistan are now fighting for another round of who is not mentioned in the book and who is just like mullah fatwas.

So you are suggesting that Pakistanis should not read their history ???? :disagree:

Last edited:
Meray Bhai read the biography of Ch. Rahmat Ali by K.K. Aziz and you may find out that what is being told to you is actually true ...

Interviews with landlady and housekeeper-secretary of Rahmat Ali , conducted by Dr Taufiq Shelley in 1970-71, yielded that Rahmat Ali was a devout pious Muslim who along with a few compatriots had been secretly and secretively very active as a pamphleteer from England creating and spreading among India’s Muslims a radical Islamist ideology for Pakistan .

Rahmat Ali was vituperative in his bigotry against Hindus, referring to the Indian nationalist movement as a “British-Banya alliance” presumably in reference to MK Gandhi’s caste. He even declined to refer to an “India” as having ever existed at all and instead personally renamed the entire subcontinent as “Dinia”, and the oceans and the seas around India as the “Pakian Sea”, the “Osmanian Sea” etc. He urged Sikhs to rise up against the Hindus in a “Sikhistan” (and might have interacted with Master Tara Singh), and indeed urged all of India’s peoples who were not Hindus to rise up in war against Hindus. Given the obscurity of the facts of his life before his arrival at Emmanuel College, what experiences may have led him to such extreme bigotry towards Hindus are not known.

Indeed Rahmat Ali’s views against Hindus may be classified with those of other bigoted views at the time such as those against Jews or against Muslims, which may all well have been examples or models or counterfoils for one another in the crank fringes of rival ideological movements at the time.

The anti-Hindu bigotry of Rahmat Ali’s views would explain why they were anathema to Jinnah, the secular-minded constitutionalist. Like other Muslim nationalists of his time such as Attaturk, Nasser, Mossadeq or even Saud himself, Jinnah would have been embarrassed to be promoting a reactionary Islamic imperialism in that modernising era that was the middle of the 20th century.

Also Iqbal did not see such a Muslim state being theocratic and certainly not one filled with anti-Hindu bigotry:

“A community which is inspired by feelings of ill-will towards other communities is low and ignoble. I entertain the highest respect for the customs, laws, religious and social institutions of other communities… Yet I love the communal group which is the source of my life and my behaviour… Nor should the Hindus fear that the creation of autonomous Muslim states will mean the introduction of a kind of religious rule in such states… I therefore demand the formation of a consolidated Muslim state in the best interests of India and Islam. For India it means security and peace resulting from an internal balance of power, for Islam an opportunity to rid itself of the stamp that Arabian Imperialism was forced to give it, to mobilise its law, its education, its culture, and to bring them into closer contact with its own original spirit and the spirit of modern times”.

@Leader
Bhai sahib , the Pakistan of Jinnah and Iqbal was totally different from what Rahmat Ali wanted ....

Shunned by the officialdom of the new country which now carried the name he had invented, Rahmat Ali died in poverty and obscurity in England during an influenza epidemic in 1951; the Master of Emmanuel College paid for his funeral and was later reimbursed for this by the Government of Pakistan.

In recent years Rahmat Ali has been undergoing a restoration, and his grave at Cambridge has become a site of pilgrimage today for Pakistan’s Islamist ideologues, while his maps, writings and rantings have been reprinted in, e.g., The Nation newspaper in Pakistan as recently as February 2005.

Ulema and Pakistan Movement | Page 2

So you are suggesting that Pakistanis should not read their history ???? :disagree:

pata lag raha hai apka ilam kitna hai... :lol:

pata lag raha hai apka ilam kitna hai... :lol:

So that is the best you could come up with ??? ;) Bhai develop a habit of reading a few things (other than PTI press releases of course) so you can carry out academic debates (or at least try to) .....

So that is the best you could come up with ??? ;) Bhai develop a habit of reading a few things (other than PTI press releases of course) so you can carry out academic debates (or at least try to) .....

I dont have time for settled issues. I know for fact what he was. to rediscover history with new angles is job of academics... while I do quite a useful things with my time then to makkhi par makkhi marna.

hope now it gets through your thick head ? :P

I dont have time for settled issues. I know for fact what he was. to rediscover history with new angles is job of academics... while I do quite a useful things with my time then to makkhi par makkhi marna.

hope now it gets through your thick head ? :P

So You have time for trolling (that you do all day long) , But you don`t have time to read our history as it is a wastage of time and you are happy with what you were told in primary school Pakistan Studies !! ?? :laughcry:

The Pakistan of Chaudry Rehmat Ali
13935385596_ee15bdc09a_b.jpg
This map is a complete non-sense,
difficult to believe people believed in it.

So You have time for trolling (that you do all day long) , But you don`t have time to read our history as it is a wastage of time and you are happy with what you were told in primary school Pakistan Studies !! ?? :laughcry:

troll? what was that your best defence. you jump ships as you get influenced by the book you read, gullible mind take it as the truth.

if you go back to my first comment, it contains more wisdom and knowledge than you have shared copying pasting... :P

troll? what was that your best defence. you jump ships as you get influenced by the book you read, gullible mind take it as the truth.

if you go back to my first comment, it contains more wisdom and knowledge than you have shared copying pasting... :P

You yourself admitted that you had more important things to do than reading serious stuff ;) ,
And you are suggesting that one should not read books , and then you expect that you would be taken seriously ??:crazy:

And Yes ... here lies your wisdom :
enough said to this stupid cunt thread !

:omghaha::omghaha:

It was muslim league, not qadiani league.

Ch. Rehmat Ali was a religious bigot , his idea of Pakstan was that of an "Islamic Theocracy" ...... Jinnah didn`t agree with Rahmat`s ideology ..... Rahmat did not agree with Jinnah and his vision .......... Some times reading history is "helpful" my friend ;)

Rehmat Ali seemed like straight forward and sincere muslim to me while jinnah was a secular and angrazified gujrati who couldnt converse in his mother tongue let alone urdu. I doubt that jinnah could read Quran, neutral british sources say that he was not into religion and was liberal enough to drink wine. The fact that Phd on Jinnah is banned in Pakistan, smells fishy.

A part of Now or Never pamphlet

"At this solemn hour in the history of India, when British and Indian statesmen are laying the foundations of a Federal Constitution for that land, we address this appeal to you, in the name of our common heritage, on behalf of our thirty million Muslim brethren who live in PAKSTAN – by which we mean the five Northern units of India, Viz: Punjab, North-West Frontier Province (Afghan Province), Kashmir, Sind and Baluchistan." Choudhry Rahmat Ali

:pakistan:
No East Bengal?

Rehmat Ali seemed like straight forward and sincere muslim to me while jinnah was a secular and angrazified gujrati who couldnt converse in his mother tongue let alone urdu. I doubt that jinnah could read Quran, neutral british sources say that he was not into religion and was liberal enough to drink wine. The fact that Phd on Jinnah is banned in Pakistan, smells fishy.

What is your original ID ?? @Pak-one ??

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom