What's new

Charsadda: ANP leader Farooq Khan targeted in bomb blast

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CHARSADDA: Awami National Party (ANP) leader Farooq Khan’s vehicle has been targeted in remote controlled bomb blast in Sardheri area of Charsadda Wednesday, Geo News reported.

According to initial reports, ANP leader Farooq Khan was on his way for election campaigning in Sardheri area when an improvised explosive device (IED) hit his car. Sources told that Farooq Khan has sustained minor injuries due to the explosion.

Further details are yet to be ascertained.

It is pertinent to mention that 17 people including policemen and minors were killed and more than 60 were wounded in a suicide bomb blast that tore through an ANP corner meeting in Yakatoot area on Tuesday evening.

Reportedly, the moderate intensity blast struck when at least 200-300 ANP workers as well as leaders were attending a public meeting in Yakatoot.

Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility for what was the fourth deadly attack on politicians or political parties in three days as the country prepares to hold historic polls on May 11.

Police said about six kilograms of explosives along with splinters and ball bearings were used in the bombing.

Many vehicles parked nearby caught fire after the blast. Live footage showed columns of smoke billowing from the site with blood splattered all over the place.

The notable ANP leaders including Ghulam Ahmed Bilour and Haroon Bilour, the son of late Bahsir Bilour who was martyred in a similar attack, were also present at the meeting. Both the main leaders narrowly escaped the attack.

It is pertinent to mention that the son, brother and nephew of PML-N provincial President Sardar Sanaullah Khan Zehri were among the four people killed while several others were injured in an attack on his convoy in the Ghut bridge area of Khuzdar on Tuesday.

A remote controlled explosion went off after Zehri’s convoy passed Ghat Bridge killing Zehri’s son Mir Sikander, his brother Mir Mehar and nephew Mir Zaid. Sardar Sanaullah Zehri remained safe in the attack.

At least 25 to 30 others were also injured in the remote controlled bomb that was planted under the bridge.

Charsadda: ANP leader Farooq Khan targeted in bomb blast - thenews.com.pk

Things getting really tough for ANP.

This has to stop, ECP, SC and government should do something, this would jeopardize the whole electoral process.

Its responsibility of the Intelligence agencies to be pro-active and defuse such attacks, they are failing miserably...

Intelligence agencies only predict attacks and anticipate them...which they do...they don't go in and encounter the bomber. That is somebody else's job.

Just got an email from our head office.. We stopped our activities here in Charsadda ...everything is fucked up in this country ... nothing will be change..

Where are those security and intelligence agencies .. what are they doing..

Intelligence agencies only predict attacks and anticipate them...which they do...they don't go in and encounter the bomber. That is somebody else's job.

you got to be kidding me... whose job is this again?

you got to be kidding me... whose job is this again?

Police, FC< Rangers, and law enforcement agency.

ISI/MI/IB/SB are not LEA, they are investigative agencies. Get the difference?

For example, you only report the post of a bad member, you don't go after him. It is my job to delete that post, not yours. SOmething similar.

Police, FC< Rangers, and law enforcement agency.

ISI/MI/IB/SB are not LEA, they are investigative agencies. Get the difference?

For example, you only report the post of a bad member, you don't go after him. It is my job to delete that post, not yours. SOmething similar.

lalay intelligence operations ka suna hai kabhi? "The Eyes" are suppose to lead to the man, not just mere speculation like there is danger of attacks, how, when where, who, dont know !!!

the hands are blind, they only act when eyes report to the exact location...mere speculation... errr even a carter man told me there is danger of attacks during elections...

Couldn;t find another ANP thread so just thought to share it here...a woman on TV interviewed by Hamid Mir in his show, sh says that Bilour pays her 1000rs while some other guy pays 500 that is why she votes for them.

lalay intelligence operations ka suna hai kabhi? "The Eyes" are suppose to lead to the man, not just mere speculation like there is danger of attacks, how, when where, who, dont know !!!

even a carter man told me there is danger of attacks during elections...

Intelligence tells the other folks that an attack is expected, you do this this this. The other agency replies, and then both together go for a raid or something.

Just as an example, intel agencies gave a list of 40 people to the MoI on hitlist, it isn't the job of intel agencies to now have a security cordon around those 40 people, it is the other people such as Police, FC and Rangers who should be doing it.

Similarly, when the Kamra attack happened, a circular was given out about 10 days before that an attack is expected on a few bases on 14 August. It isn't the job of the intel agency to beef up the security of the base or make a security perimeter on the base.

Intel is intel, not security cordon.

And the eyes move only when the body wants to. Eyes only keep a lookout, the arms and legs fight the threat, not the eyes.

Couldn;t find another ANP thread so just thought to share it here...a woman on TV interviewed by Hamid Mir in his show, sh says that Bilour pays her 1000rs while some other guy pays 500 that is why she votes for them.

Intelligence tells the other folks that an attack is expected, you do this this this. The other agency replies, and then both together go for a raid or something.

Just as an example, intel agencies gave a list of 40 people to the MoI on hitlist, it isn't the job of intel agencies to now have a security cordon around those 40 people, it is the other people such as Police, FC and Rangers who should be doing it.

Similarly, when the Kamra attack happened, a circular was given out about 10 days before that an attack is expected on a few bases on 14 August. It isn't the job of the intel agency to beef up the security of the base or make a security perimeter on the base.

Intel is intel, not security cordon.

And the eyes move only when the body wants to. Eyes only keep a lookout, the arms and legs fight the threat, not the eyes.

exactly my point, did they tell exactly to foil the attack ?

oh bhai if Intelligence agencies cannot penetrate into and sniff the right information, how exactly do you think its doing its job? pay your informers more to get precise information....

eyes lead the way... my point is simple did they do their job or are they doing? if yes, then the second question,why the securities forces are failing...

exactly my point, did they tell exactly to foil the attack ?

oh bhai if Intelligence agencies cannot penetrate into the sniff the right information, how exactly do you think its doing its job? pay your informers more to get precise information....

Precise information as in...?

They gave the list of 40 odd people, they told that ANP is going to be targeted, what else should they be doing?

They gave the list of 40 odd people, they told that ANP is going to be targeted, what else should they be doing?

there are 35 constituencies, and out of 100 candidates you give a list of 40 and say I did my job, now hide somewhere, this is not exactly my idea of intelligence agency's job...

identify the attackers, their appearance, their strategy, their weapons, who is next target, foil it... this is the job !!

there are 35 constituencies, and out of 100 candidates you give a list of 40 and say I did my job, now hide somewhere, this is not exactly my idea of intelligence agency's job...

identify the attackers, their appearance, their strategy, their weapons, who is next target, foil it... this is the job !!

THe 40 I am talking about are high profile targets...the ones you are talking about can never be predicted. Anybody can get a little 1kg bomb and be on his way, you can't predict those people. You don;t have proper documentation for cars, motorcycles, anything so how do you expect that agencies will magically get a whiff of when an attack is going to happen?

Every small attack cannot be predicted... understand this point. 1kg of explosive is not hard to find in our country, especially in KPK.

The big attacks are foiled, where more planning goes into place and larger amount of explosive is used.

THe 40 I am talking about are high profile targets...the ones you are talking about can never be predicted. Anybody can get a little 1kg bomb and be on his way, you can't predict those people. You don;t have proper documentation for cars, motorcycles, anything so how do you expect that agencies will magically get a whiff of when an attack is going to happen?

Every small attack cannot be predicted... understand this point. 1kg of explosive is not hard to find in our country, especially in KPK.

The big attacks are foiled, where more planning goes into place and larger amount of explosive is used.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom