What's new

Charsadda: ANP leader Farooq Khan targeted in bomb blast

Its responsibility of the Intelligence agencies to be pro-active and defuse such attacks, they are failing miserably...

No, it's not their duty! Intrinsically they are meant to gather intelligence information and pass it to others who per se are responsible maintaining law and order situation in country. However there's a failure but not at the level of intel agencies (in majority of the cases prior info was on hand) , it's the poor coordination between authorities which is causing the damage. We need to devise a handsome mechanism to cope with terrorism.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

ANP is the one of the few good parties left in pak

Sorry for ANP loses to TTP Inc.
The Parties which are still pro Taliban like JUI JI and PMLN will feel the same heat one day.
They forget that mad Dogs cant be cured, they must be exterminated.
Our Army has tried for past 10 years and failed USA with all its might has tried and now they are talking to them Sir if you will kill your own people on orders from others than those people will turn mad and they will hit you back you tried the same **** in Bangladesh and lost it and now again you are showing you haven't learnt any lessons and do same crap thing again

Agreed right wing parties are thinking they will stay untouched they dont know their turn will come NEXT But than they will be all alone , History has told us again and again but we have failed to understand any thing.

History has told us that if you will kill your own people than they will strike back and even worse can happen like what happened with Bangladesh we lost huge part of our country

Our Army has tried for past 10 years and failed USA with all its might has tried and now they are talking to them Sir if you will kill your own people on orders from others than those people will turn mad and they will hit you back you tried the same **** in Bangladesh and lost it and now again you are showing you haven't learnt any lessons and do same crap thing again

History has told us that if you will kill your own people than they will strike back and even worse can happen like what happened with Bangladesh we lost huge part of our country

Dear TTPs are not our people ... Those are culprits among muslims ... I don't say to about Afghan Taliban ... But TTP is a group of criminals ..

Dear TTPs are not our people ... Those are culprits among muslims ... I don't say to about Afghan Taliban ... But TTP is a group of criminals ..

Sir they are our people more than 98 % of them are local tribal who used to fight of us and now they hate us more than anything else Sir and this is due to our disastrous policies and so call this group cannot survive without full support of local tribes which they have won because of your Army attacks on our Tribals

stop living in denial just like you lived in denial in 1971 that everything is good their is too much love between Bangladesh and Pakistan at the end the reality was to shameful

No, it's not their duty! Intrinsically they are meant to gather intelligence information and pass it to others who per se are responsible maintaining law and order situation in country. However there's a failure but not at the level of intel agencies (in majority of the cases prior info was on hand) , it's the poor coordination between authorities which is causing the damage. We need to devise a handsome mechanism to cope with terrorism.

please the job of intelligence agencies throughout the world is to foil the attacks by being pro-active, not give predictions of danger, anyone can do that !

If that's how I come across then fine...they are a Pakistani agency not Israeli.

O bhai, your eyes don't move around do they? Your eyes only spot the threat, your brain analyzes it. THat is the job of intel agencies in this particular case.

Your body then moves and neutralizes the threat. Your arms punch the threat and put it away. The LEA's such as police and everyone are for that job. Not the intel agencies.

Phir jab intel agencies chappay marti hain to phir rolla dalta hai keh missing person ho gaye.

Now what sense does this make?

It isn't the COAS's job to go around putting a decent security cordon around Bilour or a ANP person. He isn't the police chief or a MoI rep.

If the election commission or SC had said that the Army is responsible for providing security to ANP and if it is the army which is securing ANP, then the COAS is responsible.

okay, one last time. I call such reports as ordinary or inadequate that tell me ANP leaders are under threat, do something ?

do you understand that it can be precise information that can foil an attack, and if yes, who do this job if not intelligence agency?

p.s. I need no excuses, I need ANP leaders protected as priority, do whatever it takes !

okay, one last time. I call such reports as ordinary or inadequate that tell me ANP leaders are under threat, do something ?

do you understand that it can be precise information that can foil an attack, and if yes, who do this job if not intelligence agency?

You have to first know what is precise information. On most instances, it is just that a bomber has come, and rough info such as his facial features, car/bike, hair etc. Nothing more than that.

For the bigger terror attacks such as those on military bases or truck bombings, there is info such as estimated number, type of vehicle, expected weapons etc.

In these kind of low intesity bombs, you don't get alot of precise info or any info at all. Just that a bomb blast is expected in the rally/jalsa. Now it is the job of the police and FC etc to secure a cordon and search the place..not of the intel agencies.

Everybody shares the blame here, it has become our habit that anything happens, we blame intel agencies as if they are supposed to be doing chowkidari of the place. Their job is to give a heads up, other agencies act on that heads up.

p.s. I need no excuses, I need ANP leaders protected as priority, do whatever it takes !

Yeah, I wish it was this easy.

You have to first know what is precise information. On most instances, it is just that a bomber has come, and rough info such as his facial features, car/bike, hair etc. Nothing more than that.

For the bigger terror attacks such as those on military bases or truck bombings, there is info such as estimated number, type of vehicle, expected weapons etc.

In these kind of low intesity bombs, you don't get alot of precise info or any info at all. Just that a bomb blast is expected in the rally/jalsa. Now it is the job of the police and FC etc to secure a cordon and search the place..not of the intel agencies.

Everybody shares the blame here, it has become our habit that anything happens, we blame intel agencies as if they are supposed to be doing chowkidari of the place. Their job is to give a heads up, other agencies act on that heads up.

Yeah, I wish it was this easy.

pay more to informers, get exact information.

pay more to informers, get exact information.

It isn't as simple as that.

Most of the time it isn't an informer who does it, people intercept phone calls from Afghanistan into some building in a run down area of Karachi, raids happen nothing comes out, bomber shifts his place.

Informers give low level type info, secondly they also have more concerns than just money. They have their own lives to look for.

It isn't as simple as that.

Most of the time it isn't an informer who does it, people intercept phone calls from Afghanistan into some building in a run down area of Karachi, raids happen nothing comes out, bomber shifts his place.

Informers give low level type info, secondly they also have more concerns than just money. They have their own lives to look for.

if it isnot informer, then it means you are not even close to penetrate into their ranks and that is why inadequate information !

but i agree it isnt that simple, but its their job to penetrate into enemy's network and sniff and be accurate as much as possible.

ANP needs protection, they must get it.

please the job of intelligence agencies throughout the world is to foil the attacks by being pro-active, not give predictions of danger, anyone can do that !

Intelligence by definition is gathering information. Passing out info pertaining impending attack is foiling an attack in itself! What you are confused about is special units and orthodox intelligence (recollect the point I made about devising an effective mechanism). What you are citing in the thread is impossible without a wand. Agencies normally gather information and pass it to relevant authorities which subsequently is reported at different levels. Every level puts its chunk to foil the attack, so one simply can't blame agency at level 1. It's actually a bonus if a intelligence agency spots the culprits on very first level.

ANP members had spoken very bluntly against the taliban during their government when they were give full protection from government and now when they are coming down to public for asking for votes they ere being targeted by them.

Intelligence by definition is gathering information. Passing out info pertaining impending attack is foiling an attack in itself! What you are confused about is special units and orthodox intelligence (recollect the point I made about devising an effective mechanism). What you are citing in the thread is impossible without a wand. Agencies normally gather information and pass it to relevant authorities which subsequently is reported at different levels. Every level puts its chunk to foil the attack, so one simply can't blame agency at level 1. It's actually a bonus if a intelligence agency spots the culprits on very first level.

I m not saying that they should go out shooting the targets, but adequate and accurate information is their job that can foil the attacks, @nuclearpak is saying that it isnt their job.

totally wrong to say the bold part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I m not saying that they should go out shooting the targets, but adequate and accurate information is their job that can foil the attacks, @nuclearpak is saying that it isnt their job.

totally wrong to say the bold part.

I am saying that getting the info and passing it on is their job, but acting on it somebody else's.

You have to understand the nature of the information.

I think it is a genuine misconception regarding the 'information'. Let's clear that up. Information isn't about the exact specifics. It is a vague and general description on most cases. A face of the attacker idealized, age bracket, appearance, mode of transport, physicality and stuff like that.

You won't get any more exact stuff.

And another thing, adequate and accurate information never foils attacks, it is the action on that adequate and accurate information that foils it. It isn't as if a angel comes down and gives specifics.

Stress on the bold words.

Providing that info is the agency's job...which they do most of the time, acting on it is police's...which they don't do most of the time.

Is it really that hard?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom