What's new

Changed perspectives of cross-border hospitality We — my wife and I — just made a

Pakistani hospitality is known worldwide. I am a lahori and know what the writer is talking about.

The writer isn't the first Indian to acknowledge this fact.

Many of our prisoners of war (including Indian airforce pilots) have openly confessed of our hospitality.

Enough said.

sanjay sachdeva,,,,anothr north indian,,,,enuff said

Kiren Rijiju once said about this .This talks and cultural attitudes are only North Indian thing .
Only North Indians cares about this .
We rest of Indians dont have any such burden .

but seriously.. where is the pakistani account?

There are enough of how they are being chased and threatened by fundamentalist hindus.

I think most of north Indian - Sikhs and otherwise - are quite reasonable people. The problem is with those fanatic southerns like Ajit Devil etc. with all their terrorism spreading mentality in the neighborhood.

A 7-day trip generally changes perspectives and perceptions, give it a reasonably longer time, and it changes again. Just ask the minorities there.

Our minorities have nothing on yours, just ask the Dalits,Christians and Sikhs about perspectives and perceptions.

Author should have asked his hosts to handover terrorists like dawood to india and then written a lengthy article..

There are enough of how they are being chased and threatened by fundamentalist hindus.

I think most of north Indian - Sikhs and otherwise - are quite reasonable people. The problem is with those fanatic southerns like Ajit Devil etc. with all their terrorism spreading mentality in the neighborhood.
link please, I would love to read a first hand account ..

A 7-day trip generally changes perspectives and perceptions, give it a reasonably longer time, and it changes again. Just ask the minorities there.

Dear we live in a world were people like to judge negative but forgets the positive. Go any were in the world you will find good and bad jus remember we are humans and we have emotions not Angels

Moron .
Ajit Doval is a Garhwali from North.

that is a good question asked awkwardly... where is pakistani account of their visit to india... either indians are stingy bastards or pakistanis cannot praise their hosts...
For some Pakistanis on this forum, we are the proverbial evil Hindu kafir banyas who need to be put to the sword.

Having said that, I must mention as I did in another thread that I too got the royal treatment when I visited Lahore on a trip to Pakistan some time ago. The hospitality was incredible. And munching those delicious Lahori kababs in Anarkali bazaar was an unforgettable experience! The kababwala even refused to accept any money as he said I was an Indian guest!! Same with my driver too!

The same happens whenever I visit Paris. I always go to the Pakistani restaurant round the corner because there's where I get some delicious South Asian delicacies. (I don't like the bland continental stuff dished out there in Europe). And the Pakistanis there give me a 20% discount (much to my embarrassment!) as they say I'm Indian and thus their guest! And then there's great fun jet skiing and hang gliding with my Pakistani friends at the French Riviera, South of France, which is pretty often.

What a contrast to the many India bashing trolls out here! :sad:

Kiren Rijiju once said about this .This talks and cultural attitudes are only North Indian thing .
Only North Indians cares about this .
We rest of Indians dont have any such burden .

Ironically apart from Panjabis we don't share anything with the so called "North Indians" either.

As for hospitality .. That's part of our culture... And anybody irrespective of nationality etc who has visited Pak will attest to that fact.

During normal times (when raw agents are not being caught) and Kashmir is not burning , certainly there is hope of bilateral tourism. However presently the environment is not favorable.

• Reluctance to see Kashmir as will of people who never wanted to join India - and not a property to which the keys were collected by 1 vote.
  • Constant hindrance by means of floods (between 1958-1971) and 2 wars and now raw agents covert ops along side Afghan border and Karachi have badly exposed India
  • News of "intolerance" or extremism - have further dented at least my view point, that admittedly something is brewing inside India. Discrimination in housing schemes , problems with violence against meat eaters, brutal attacks by mobs on Muslims , are issues like an Indian version of ISIS, separation of living in cities is start of major communal problem
  • Ignoring Gujrat riots and then chasing a petty mobster in immediate aftermath - shows an intent by Indian politicians to hide their incompetence forget the big issue we will chase petty mobster (alleged crimes) - why because we will blame it all on Pakistan (Simple solution)
Political class in India has used Pakistan/Kashmir only for vote bank appeasement

Failure - to acknowledge our free will and then that of Kashmir (then and now) is why we won't move forward

Decision to leave India , was not processed by politician class because they don't remotely understand the meaning of free will and they have dragged us along for almost 70-80 years

Presently how would I react to Indians , no I won't chase down the folks with a spear in my hand or a burning fire wood however the perception has become tainted

Last edited:
Ironically apart from Panjabis we don't share anything with the so called "North Indians" either.

As for hospitality .. That's part of our culture... And anybody irrespective of nationality etc who has visited Pak will attest to that fact.

May be .
But most of North India have this same attitude .Dont know whether they are Punjabis or not.

A pakistani will get a more warmer reception in Delhi than a South Indian or a North-East Indian.

These north Indians even admire Pakistanis because Pak people happen to be a shade or two fairer than them.

Nothing suprising.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom