What's new

Change of Capital (back to Karachi)

Should Capital of Pakistan be shifted?

• back to Karachi

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • A new city away from Pindi (new Islamabad)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • keep Islamabad as capital city

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Going by that logic, we should have a Federal Capital in every province? Then what's stopping us from having us in every city? Every street? Every house can have a 'Capital Room'
I'm not the one suggesting to have 2 or 3 capitals. I just said that Islamabad is isolated from the country.
Some say it's built for being the capital but my question is that what have the politicians done to live in a city far away from the rest of the country which has none of the problems the rest of the country have? Islamabad has none of the problems for any other city, it looks great unlike the other cities. Which is why it is so different. And this also means the politicians do not have to endure our problems

sadly after 65 years pakistanis are still a confused LOT!!

1) URDU speaking people born in pakistan call themselves muhajir and then call themselves pakistani & they keep going back and forth on the issue

2) the NWFP can't decide if they want to be called KHYBER or KHYBER HAZARA PUKHTUHANKHAWA

3) sindhis can't decide what else can they name BHUTTO (nawabshah is being considered for name change to SHAHEED MUTHARMA BENZAIR)

4) seraykis and hazare's have their own confusions!

5) balochis well ALL of pakistan is confused if balochis want to be with us or not & if there is a thing as "GOOD BALOCHI" and "BAD BALOCHI"

6) muslims are divided between deobandi,barelvi,wahabi,shia,agha khani & qdayani. i THINK MORE DIVISION THAN IN ANY OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

7) add to that this capital issue and we have a perfect pot of disagreements!

leave the capital as islamabad it is nice it is beautiful and it is far away and is neither considered in sindh or punjab hence no cries! if you really want to change the capital MAKE IT QUETTA!! that should help define you as what pakistanis truly are a totally confused nation!

exactly the reason to shift the capital. secondly the clustering up at one place of three forces itself is not a good idea anyway... let alone that very same place has our civil government and supreme court.

These are not fighting troops, only their peace time headquarters. I think many Defence Services of world have their headquarters in capitals

STUPID TREAD
it is very costly to build new capital 1st
2nd if need a new capital than it need huge money that's we don't have
3rd back to Karachi means hijack be mqm
which is suicide decision

There seems to be some confusion on what is the purpose of a capital.

- It is NOT supposed to be a lively party city -- whether it is or not shouldn't matter either way. The politicians are there to do a job; most of them have more than enough money to charter a private flight to the party city of their choice on weekends.

- It is NOT supposed to affect the location of industry and business -- Canberra (Aus) and Berne (Switz) are capitals whose only purpose is to house the government. Businesses can go where tax incentives and resources (human, material) are located.

- It is NOT dictated by insecurity -- we should not hide away our capital so it is farthest from India. What does that say about our confidence in our defence forces?

Finally, moving the capital to Quetta will have exactly the opposite effect. Rather than include the Baluchis into government, it will move rich Punjabis and Sindhis over there, who will buy out all the choice real estate, leaving the local Baluchis practically homeless in their own backyard. The thought is good, but we all know how the reality will pan out.

low quality point

Its not necessary to get struck with Karachi as the only alternative.

DIK as pointed out by Asad sahib..

These are not fighting troops, only their peace time headquarters. I think many Defence Services of world have their headquarters in capitals

ofcourse my friend we are talking about Leadership, not troops.

on the other hand it is convenient for the leadership to be at one place, so to there is no communication gap or delays, however, in Pakistan's overdeveloped state structure it is of utmost importance to avoid the undue influence being place on elected government, for that separation of power to take place, if it can not be achieved in ordinary ways, some extra ordinary steps are not inappropriate to suggest.

1) URDU speaking people born in pakistan call themselves muhajir and then call themselves pakistani & they keep going back and forth on the issue

2) the NWFP can't decide if they want to be called KHYBER or KHYBER HAZARA PUKHTUHANKHAWA

3) sindhis can't decide what else can they name BHUTTO (nawabshah is being considered for name change to SHAHEED MUTHARMA BENZAIR)

5) balochis well ALL of pakistan is confused if balochis want to be with us or not & if there is a thing as "GOOD BALOCHI" and "BAD BALOCHI"

6) muslims are divided between deobandi,barelvi,wahabi,shia,agha khani & qdayani. i THINK MORE DIVISION THAN IN ANY OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

leave the capital as islamabad it is nice it is beautiful and it is far away and is neither considered in sindh or punjab hence no cries! if you really want to change the capital MAKE IT QUETTA!! that should help define you as what pakistanis truly are a totally confused nation!

this makes life more spicy than one can dream of... challenges that only capable minds think to solve...my brother one hundred and one problems wont take away one hundred problems.

Useless discussion, how can some of the people here even think of Karachi, especially after the drug gangs/wars and the recent target killings in Karachi which basically shut down the whole city for days.

Even a short while ago, Karachi was basically 'closed' for the whole day out of protests.
Yup....good for our national economy and how on earth do you expect us to keep up with India's rapid growth, let's not even talk about competing with them, they are miles and miles ahead of us.

But no, in the meantime, our countrymen need to debate about a change of capital. -_-

Get real guys and start talking about things that MATTER.

Karachi is far away from the rest of Pakistan next to the sea.

Islamabad is located near Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan.

Also diplomats won't like the chaos and pollution of Karachi. Karachi reminds me of an indian city. Please clean up, even Lahore is getting cleaner and greener.

I agree with u being confused lot. It will be much easier for Pakistan if we accept all nationalities as part of Pakistan, like Punjabi Pakistani, Pushtun Pakistani etc. Force feeding of Pakistan only nationalism should be stopped.

now the Mohajir thing is going down.

Because the new generation is going far apart from their identity as Mohajir.

Islamabad is absolutely fine

There is no need to keep changing your capital. Biggest advantage to Islamabad is that it is not part of any province. Nobody can say Punjab is doing this n that because the capital is located in Punjab... or Sindh is doing that because of this n that

And that is what exactly is happening.... each is complaining about God knows what, but where is the unity.........

The left hand does one thing and right does the other... It is not the capital that matters, but a true Pakistanie spring is required.............

1. I remember the place. Sheikh Badin. Used to be the summer retreat of the British residing in DIK Cantt. In 60's I had gone on a trek there. There were couple of abandoned bungalows. But the place was cool and picturesque.

2. As a young man I used to feel then and do so now that the people of Baluchistan and PK would not have felt neglected or that Punjab was receiving more attention. There would be automatic development in the western part of Pakistan. Gwadar would have come up earlier with N-S arteries running west of the Indus.

3. Islamabad is a beautiful place and very well laid out by the Commission set up under Gen Yahya Khan. However, it is so much isolated from the common man Pakistani.
shiekh badin mountains are in district lakki marwat , it is close to village of maulana fazlur rehman , abdul khel (DIK). This is kind of a tourist resort for us locals, it is much like for munro of DGK.

^^ thanks for that. I think its the best Idea to develop another Islamabad there. :tup:

I dont know about Capital but please please PLEASE declare Karachi to be Federal Territory and Free from Sindh Government

And after going through this thread i find no solid reason to shift the Capital from Islamabad to anyother City

Back
Top Bottom